Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM

521 posts, read 762,726 times

Advertisements

I'm very paranoid about aging. I keep looking at photos of me from last year, and further back, as a way to gauge if I look the same or slightly older. Not sure. I look different in every photo. I look at my face, and it seems like my skin is getting a bit drier..sources say that as you age your skin produces less moisture..

Aside from someone telling you you look older, are there other ways to know if you're aging or don't look as young as you used to? I know I was called ma'am today while I was in a retail store by a older salesperson..it put me in a bad mood. I'm only 23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
I just look in the mirror. It's pretty obvious.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I know I was called ma'am today while I was in a retail store by a older salesperson..it put me in a bad mood. I'm only 23
You're either aging or dead, better get used to it.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Worrying about whether or not you are aging will cause you to age faster. One thing is certain, if you reach age 30, you are going to look older than you do today. At 40, you will look older than you did at 30 and so on through the years. Spend time learning a new skill, such as becoming a good cook, then learn something else.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Worrying about whether or not you are aging will cause you to age faster. One thing is certain, if you reach age 30, you are going to look older than you do today. At 40, you will look older than you did at 30 and so on through the years. Spend time learning a new skill, such as becoming a good cook, then learn something else.
I don't want to ever look older. I'm getting some botox so I can look the same throughout the years

Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
How do you know if you're aging?
If you're still breathing.

Don't fight it. It beats the alternative.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
When I was 23 I never worried about aging, it seemed so far away, now that I'm over 40 I think about it more but I don't worry about it, it's going to happen, why waste that time worrying.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
When I was 23 I never worried about aging, it seemed so far away, now that I'm over 40 I think about it more but I don't worry about it, it's going to happen, why waste that time worrying.
Well, I heard aging can happen in your 20s as you start to approach 30. I'm worried that I will look 'aged' and not as youthful as a I reach 30. Not to mention my mother is always giving me anxiety about getting old. she says I may get grey hairs in my late 20s early 30s

Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Well, I heard aging can happen in your 20s as you start to approach 30. I'm worried that I will look 'aged' and not as youthful as a I reach 30. Not to mention my mother is always giving me anxiety about getting old. she says I may get grey hairs in my late 20s early 30s
You can always dye your hair, besides stress can age you, have you heard of worry lines?
Relax, you're young, wear sunscreen, stay hydrated and take care of your body.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Default The very hour...

the very minute, the very second we are born we are going to begin ageing; it is just a fact of life. How well or how poorly we age depends on many factors such as heredity, environement, and food choices (e.g, red meat versus poultry, vegetables and fruits, etc., etc.).

How do you know if you're ageing? Physical ageing? Just compare your photos in five year increments and you'll see it in short order for sure. Want some advice about it? Stay out of the sun, wear sunscreen anyway, don't smoke, eat right, get some exercise every single day, floss and brush your teeth regularly, drink plenty of water, and lastly visit your doctor once a year for a check up and your dentist as well. AND...Be Happy!

Because as humans, in the end, that is our destiny. We are born, we live, and we die; some in better condition than others, but dead nonetheless.

That's all I have for you young lady.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty