U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,986,353 times

Advertisements

FYI, people who have had Botox don't look younger. They just look like older people who have had Botox. Unnatural isn't a good look for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,062,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Aside from someone telling you you look older, are there other ways to know if you're aging or don't look as young as you used to?
I cut on of my limbs and count the rings, I found that to be very effective.

Quote:
I'm very paranoid about aging. I'm only 23
Seriously, I just count the birthdays pretty much like everybody else. I notice the hair is getting sparser, turning grayer, the knees and fingers hurt a little more these days and it take me longer to get moving after sitting for long periods of time. So freaking what, I earned all those aches and pains.

But having said that, for someone 23 to be this concerned is troublesome. I say this not to be flippant but have you considered considered therapy, of the mental sort because if you are having problems like this at 23 you are going have a hell of a bumpy ride ahead of you.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,978,373 times
you look like a baby. when you look back at your pictures in ten years you will think wow I was sooooo young. woman look way better at 26 to about 32, at that age they have lost the look of a young girl and look like a young woman without all the lines and age of someone older. 32 to 42 is another beautiful age. most women look great if they take care of themselves well into their 50's. the op needs to worry more about what she is putting into her body and how she takes care of her self that will help you to look younger longer.

aging happens IMO about every 5 to 7 years your age seems to catch up to you. you look pretty much the same for years then all of a sudden you realize you look a bit older.

asking if you look like your aging when you are 23 will get you the same reaction asking someone if you look fat when you wear a size 5. the op needs to enjoy her life she will have plenty of time to be mad at how she looks when she hit 60

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,531,502 times
Having to explain to the kid at the gas station you pay who Donna Summer is.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Quote:
No one is answering my question, how do you know whether you look young or old to other people?
By putting up a photo online and asking. Or by asking strangers, but they may think you're crazy.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM

846 posts, read 909,801 times
Quote:
I look at my face, and it seems like my skin is getting a bit drier..sources say that as you age your skin produces less moisture..
Unless you're living somewhere humid like Washington or the South, I doubt natural winter dry skin is a good indicator of you "aging". That said, get a good humidifier, eat more leafy greens for lutein, vitamin a, k and c and stay out of the sun.

Quote:
Aside from someone telling you you look older, are there other ways to know if you're aging or don't look as young as you used to? I know I was called ma'am today while I was in a retail store by a older salesperson..it put me in a bad mood. I'm only 23
I get ma'am all the time in my early twenty when but I don't let it upset me much, why? Because some people just don't know how to properly address a lady. Also your hair style, weight, clothing choices and how you carry yourself play into it at well. I get a lot more "Miss" now that I've lost about ten pounds in the last six month and counting despite of other factors.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,426,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Having to explain to the kid at the gas station you pay who Donna Summer is.
You pay how old Donna Summer is?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,779,753 times
You, my dear, are still a baby Stop worrying so much...you are going to look older each year -fact. Wear sunscreen/hats, get plenty of sleep, drink a lot of water, exercise, take omega-3 supplements, take anti-oxidant supplements, calcium etc. You are way too young for Botox - what else will you have to look forward too later. I don't even do that yet...
It's not so much wrinkles that are annoying - they are a give in. It's the breakdown of collagen that gives that gravity is winning (and it always does) look.
I had quite a few early 20 somethings ask me out when I was 34...I declined of course because that would be kind of weird. Take care of yourself - oh yeah don't smoke and limit alcohol.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,531,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You pay how old Donna Summer is?
Laughter is the greatest cure! (your status)

No, the kid who takes the credit card for payment. If we went your route, every gas station bill would be $63. That would mean 19 lousy gallons of gas.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM

846 posts, read 909,801 times
Oh. For the original question, even for women who keep themselves very well (with skin and figure of a 20 year old in their late 30s), it's usually the sunken look under their eyes that give them away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty