U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Laughter is the greatest cure! (your status)

No, the kid who takes the credit card for payment. If we went your route, every gas station bill would be $63. That would mean 19 lousy gallons of gas.
Haha that would suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,257 posts, read 3,170,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'm very paranoid about aging. I keep looking at photos of me from last year, and further back, as a way to gauge if I look the same or slightly older. Not sure. I look different in every photo. I look at my face, and it seems like my skin is getting a bit drier..sources say that as you age your skin produces less moisture..

Aside from someone telling you you look older, are there other ways to know if you're aging or don't look as young as you used to? I know I was called ma'am today while I was in a retail store by a older salesperson..it put me in a bad mood. I'm only 23
Well, if you're only 23 and are already worried about the effects of aging...........I'd hate to imagine what you're going to look like when your 50

I'll be 81 in another 3 months and over the last 10 years I've received many more compliments regarding how "young I look and act" vs others in my age bracket.
IMHO the secret includes: smile as often as you can;.....think "positive" thoughts and keep all discussions and conservations in a positive vain;..... steer away from those folks that always ***** about how they are feeling due to aging;......stay as active as you can and "hang" with the younger crowd and make sure you stay sexually-active well into your 70's..................it makes a hell=of=a =difference.

I have a "mint" 1996 Jag Convertible that I drive in good weather and always "drag-main-street" (for Chicks) on Sunday after Church. Always have the top down and my beautiful Bird hunting dog is sitting in the back seat-------------he acts just like a Magnet for those "good lookin' Chicks".

Any way.......................it works for me

Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 AM

306 posts, read 602,757 times
Everything is relative...age with grace and celebrate each year the fact that you made it...everyone else is on the same treadmill. It is a fact you must accept.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 AM

462 posts, read 857,273 times
Quote:
I don't want to ever look older. I'm getting some botox so I can look the same throughout the years
The problem there is that Botox cannot help when your neck starts sagging, and it will!

Botox cannot help your boobs from sagging, and they will.

Be proud! Enjoy as you get older! I am not saying don't have a nip or tuck as you get into your 50s, etc. but we ALL get older. It's the way it goes.

Some of the most beautiful women in my life are 40, 50 plus and they have never done anything cosmetic, and neither I nor the men in their life care ... Because they are beautiful women on the inside! I strive every day to be them!

HUGz and good luck! Jules (48 years old with a few wrinkles, a sagging neck, and saggy size A boobs!)

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 AM

5,147 posts, read 3,607,099 times
When you start saying "kids these days..." you're beginning to age.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 AM

462 posts, read 857,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Well, if you're only 23 and are already worried about the effects of aging...........I'd hate to imagine what you're going to look like when your 50

I'll be 81 in another 3 months and over the last 10 years I've received many more compliments regarding how "young I look and act" vs others in my age bracket.
IMHO the secret includes: smile as often as you can;.....think "positive" thoughts and keep all discussions and conservations in a positive vain;..... steer away from those folks that always ***** about how they are feeling due to aging;......stay as active as you can and "hang" with the younger crowd and make sure you stay sexually-active well into your 70's..................it makes a hell=of=a =difference.

I have a "mint" 1996 Jag Convertible that I drive in good weather and always "drag-main-street" (for Chicks) on Sunday after Church. Always have the top down and my beautiful Bird hunting dog is sitting in the back seat-------------he acts just like a Magnet for those "good lookin' Chicks".

Any way.......................it works for me
God, I love you!

As I head towards 50, the gals I went to high school with all laugh! Some of us look 100% better than we looked in our 20's. Back then we looked scrawny and unsure of ourselves.

Now we look gorgeous ... and happy in our skin!

You rock!

HUGz! Jules

Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
When you start saying "kids these days..." you're beginning to age.
Oh no.... I started saying that in my early 20s!

I actually yelled at a kid to get off my lawn (one of my younger brothers friends) last summer at the ripe old age of 28. Both my brother and I had a bit of a giggle fit after that one

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM

5,147 posts, read 3,607,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh no.... I started saying that in my early 20s!

I actually yelled at a kid to get off my lawn (one of my younger brothers friends) last summer at the ripe old age of 28. Both my brother and I had a bit of a giggle fit after that one
You're just starting to age... you're not really aging yet

Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 AM

2,291 posts, read 4,751,148 times
Just look at your mother, that will pretty well tell you how you are going to look in 20+ years. See her lines and wrinkles? They'll soon be yours.

You are too young to worry about all that nonsense. Go about living your life.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Just look at your mother, that will pretty well tell you how you are going to look in 20+ years. See her lines and wrinkles? They'll soon be yours.

You are too young to worry about all that nonsense. Go about living your life.

Or even her sisters or your grandparents. Go by the person who's lifestyle is similar to yours.
The smoking/drinking/sunbake lot of the family looks older than the ones who don't. Food quality intake also factors in. Better diet = younger looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
FYI, people who have had Botox don't look younger. They just look like older people who have had Botox. Unnatural isn't a good look for anyone.
Over-tox looks creepy. It looks great when done right because you can't tell at all. I don't think it makes people look younger really though but less tired or grouchy. So thats a positive. LOL
(celeb example: Jenny McCarthy, Jennie Garth)
Before & After Gallery| BOTOX® Cosmetic Website (gallery of regular people)
It can also help shrink pores and reduce excess oil. Larger pores and uneven skin can be linked to aging but that could be useful at any age.

Quote:
No one is answering my question, how do you know whether you look young or old to other people?
Depends how they interact with you. Getting called mam in a store really doesn't count.
Do you get asked for ID at places? That can be one. Age range of men that hit on you. Thats another.

Skin changes can be due to age, diet, environment or medications. Teen skin is usually more oily than whatever adult skin you settle into but it can also do the reverse!

If you are already aging at 23 you shouldn't ignore that. It can be signs of health issues:
Premature Aging Signs You Shouldn't Overlook - Forbes

As far as telling yourself as to what looks older it seems to hit different people in different ways. Sometimes it shows up on the face or the body first. Depends what you took care of least.
I notice the lines in peoples faces and how their older skin doesn't hold in the body fat in quite the same way. (younger looks plump where older can look more flabby) Also the color of skin and hair seems to dull. I am not talking about grey hair but the full color of say a warm blonde may go ash blond etc.
Teeth can really show age or make you look older if they are stained and crooked. Staining more so than the crooked thing.

Eyebags
Thinning Lips
Saddle Bags
Low Boobs
Pancake Bum

Those are some of the things that make me notice age on another that is really old yet but just late 20's and 30's people that don't try to take care of themselves all that great. (non-healthy lifestyle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty