Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times

Advertisements

I just noticed it recently, how come women, sometimes even natural blondes, often seem to have eyebrows a lot darker than their natural hair colour. Obviously answer is that they dye it but I never thought much about it. Since when did natural coloured eyebrows become unattractive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I just noticed it recently, how come women, sometimes even natural blondes, often seem to have eyebrows a lot darker than their natural hair colour. Obviously answer is that they dye it but I never thought much about it. Since when did natural coloured eyebrows become unattractive?
No, the answer isn't that they dye them. It's that they're not natural blondes.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I dated a guy who had sandy light blonde hair naturally and very dark brown eyebrows. His whole family did.

Most women don't dye their eyebrows, but they will use cosmetics to darken them. My sister is missing part of hers, she draws what's missing in. And a lot of times things can happen to make eyebrow hair go away and not come back. Tweezing, chemo, alopicia...

And me? I do dye mine with gel beard dye -- which I DO NOT RECOMMEND BECAUSE YOU CAN GO BLIND -- because my hair and eyebrows are taking after my father. While I have grey hair mixed in my dark blonde hair, some of my hair and most of eyebrows have just lost pigment -- they sort of become see through, and I look like I don't have brows at all, except for the few that are dark or grey. Looks very weird to me. And you have to get close to me to see my brows, so I've had people think I was sick and be relieved when they get close.

So once a month I pull out medium brown/dark blonde just for men. Takes five minutes.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
You can put color on with makeup too. That is what I usually do. Summer makes my brows too light and disappear almost. If my hair is red I henna or put a red toned brown pencil/powder on. It defined the brow and frames the face. You are not suppose to go super dark. My natural brow color has always been a shade darker than my hair unless bleached out by the sun/UV.

no brow look - c. Theron in monster. Or any pic of her without eyebrows being done vs. done

Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
A lot of young girls here in the UK have tattooed eyebrows... I think they're horrible.. some are permanent, some semi permanent... what an awful fashion disaster.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
A lot of young girls here in the UK have tattooed eyebrows... I think they're horrible.. some are permanent, some semi permanent... what an awful fashion disaster.
So it's a new fashion trend?

I've seen it with older Asian ladies but I didn't now it was in vogue with the young'uns.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I dated a guy who had sandy light blonde hair naturally and very dark brown eyebrows. His whole family did.

Most women don't dye their eyebrows, but they will use cosmetics to darken them. My sister is missing part of hers, she draws what's missing in. And a lot of times things can happen to make eyebrow hair go away and not come back. Tweezing, chemo, alopicia...

And me? I do dye mine with gel beard dye -- which I DO NOT RECOMMEND BECAUSE YOU CAN GO BLIND -- because my hair and eyebrows are taking after my father. While I have grey hair mixed in my dark blonde hair, some of my hair and most of eyebrows have just lost pigment -- they sort of become see through, and I look like I don't have brows at all, except for the few that are dark or grey. Looks very weird to me. And you have to get close to me to see my brows, so I've had people think I was sick and be relieved when they get close.

So once a month I pull out medium brown/dark blonde just for men. Takes five minutes.
I have thought of doing this also, since I have a lot of gray in my eyebrows lately.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,624,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have thought of doing this also, since I have a lot of gray in my eyebrows lately.
Same here. And I hate the hard, clownish look of too much eyebrow pencil or powder. Isn't there a product out there somewhere made for this that's safe? There's upper lip hair lighteners, why not eyebrow dye?

Boy, so many fun things about getting older...

Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,114 times
My nieces both have always had dark blond hair that lightens to a bright blond from the sun, and blue eyes, but almost-black lashes and eyebrows and they tan well for having naturally fairly pale skin. Just the way they're made.

My sister was a black-brown brunette who now has salt-and-pepper hair and her brows have a lot of white & gray hairs in them as well. I think she would dye them if she could find something safe, quick & easy. She won't try the beard dye b/c she sees the blindness warning and says no way.

I have bare spots in my brows as well as some white hairs. I use the Milani brow pens that are like felt-tip markers and they are pretty effective for coating the white hairs and drawing in the bare spots. I tend to go a bit dark when I apply it because I've noticed it fades a bit through the course of day

Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,527 times
Not everyone has the same hair colour and eyebrow colour. My hair used to be light blonde when I was a kid and it gradually became darker over time, now it's a medium brown. My eyebrows and lashes are naturally black but my eyebrows are not very thick so it doesn't look out of place (to me at least).

Many women use eyebrow pencil or powder to change the colour and shape of their eyebrows. I think actually dying or tattooing the eyebrows is not very common at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty