U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,951,106 times

Advertisements

I love this stuff

Amazon.com: Olay Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo (Fine to Medium)1 Kit: Beauty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,377,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
IMO, I would say that many women do not view tweezing their mustache as an option because it can be painful and time consuming (like you said), not mention irritating to certainly skin types.
In other words, it hurts like effing hell and leaves your skin red and bumpy and sore for days. Just tweezing one hair on the upper lip is excruciating!

It's not like tweezing eyebrows, where the skin isn't as delicate and you're not clearing the entire area of hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
Well,We know who else gets facial hair and feels insecure about it.
I don't give a flying leap what anyone thinks; however, I do think that some people in these threads should stow the holier-than-thou bullcrap.

So many of these "fashion and beauty" threads are nothing more than an excuse to pass judgement on others.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM

35,822 posts, read 39,431,510 times
I have tweezed stray hairs pretty much wherever they crop up, but it's not really viable for women who for whatever reason (usually hormonal variation) grow more than the average amount of hair/coarser hair) on the upper lip. Most women have some amount of facial hair, but usually it's light and fine and unnoticeable. For those who don't, tweezing is likely to be a daunting, time-consuming, and painful choice.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM

30,378 posts, read 31,251,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
There are also other products to remove facial hair. Tweezing is not really a good option for one who has a lot of facial hair.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,470,890 times
Certainly there are other conditions that cause facial hair in women, but a check for Type 2 Diabetes would be warranted. They're related. And if that's the cause, then following a diabetic diet can result in that hair disappearing, often quickly.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,227,133 times
What about Veet or Nair?

I do think when some women shave or tweeze the hair gets thicker,ingrown hairs form,or its just painful.
I have some growing out of my neck,but I think taking Biotin made it grow,because I didn't have any prior to taking it. My sister was pregnant and she started growing hairs on her chin and lower cheeks,I guess due to hormones.
My skin is a little darker on my upper lip,but I just cover it with foundation and concealor.
Tried shaving ot,but there was no hair to shave.
I notice mustaches mostly on East Indian women and Arabic women.
But most of the women I see with hair on the face or neck are about 40 and older,or pregnant,leading me to think its hormonal.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:13 PM

195 posts, read 286,143 times
Oh My! I can't believe people think shaving and tweezing are good solution to facial hair. Those are the worst things you can do for facial hair(except for the eyebrow area). The hair will go thicker and ingrow hairs will come sooner or later.

Waxing or laser are the solutions. Bleaching is also better than nothing. Please don't recommend something that will make the problem way worse.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM

21,494 posts, read 22,741,215 times
Shaving doesn't actually make hair grow back thicker, it just cuts the hair off at a blunt angle which may make it look and feel coarser.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM

634 posts, read 785,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
I have seen it several times. One time, it was even a "professional" woman, who worked at a nice office building doing "office" work.
Most women get that stuff waxed off. I know a LOT of hairy Persian and Armenian women who visit the spa weekly or bi-weekly to get waxed. These are women who are otherwise BEAUTIFUL and SEXY, but since they know they are hairy, they take care of it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, women who take care of themselves.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM

11 posts, read 49,920 times
She must need to visit a laser clinic for waxing or for hair removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty