U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM

457 posts, read 962,006 times

Advertisements

I honestly think that some people don't even see it. They're living in denial. I have a friend who has always kindof had one and I've never been able to say anything to her about it, because it's just SO awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Oh My! I can't believe people think shaving and tweezing are good solution to facial hair. Those are the worst things you can do for facial hair(except for the eyebrow area). The hair will go thicker and ingrow hairs will come sooner or later.

Waxing or laser are the solutions. Bleaching is also better than nothing. Please don't recommend something that will make the problem way worse.
I would say laser is the #1 solution. Everyone should get that done. And electrolysis, if your skin is too dark.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 AM

15,746 posts, read 11,757,357 times
Laser is not always good. I have a friend who had her mustache lasered. Now every time she goes in to the sun, she gets tan in her face, but the mustache area turns light pink.

Why is shaving not an option???

1. hair doesn't grow back thicker (if so, why doesn't it work on the top of your head where you need full hair??). It just SEEMS thicker because it is growing STRAIGHT out of your pore until it is long enough to lay down.
2. even IF it would come back thicker, you shave it off again anyway, so who cares??

I don't have a thick mustache but some facial hair and shave since 3 years about once per week. No biggie. I don't use foam or anything, just a pink girly $1 razor on my fresh washed skin.

If the word FACE and SHAVING sounds weird to you as a woman, you can also go to the salon and get them threaded, they remove it with a string. It may last a little longer but actually is the same.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Laser is not always good. I have a friend who had her mustache lasered. Now every time she goes in to the sun, she gets tan in her face, but the mustache area turns light pink.

Why is shaving not an option???

1. hair doesn't grow back thicker (if so, why doesn't it work on the top of your head where you need full hair??). It just SEEMS thicker because it is growing STRAIGHT out of your pore until it is long enough to lay down.
2. even IF it would come back thicker, you shave it off again anyway, so who cares??

I don't have a thick mustache but some facial hair and shave since 3 years about once per week. No biggie. I don't use foam or anything, just a pink girly $1 razor on my fresh washed skin.

If the word FACE and SHAVING sounds weird to you as a woman, you can also go to the salon and get them threaded, they remove it with a string. It may last a little longer but actually is the same.
Because some people have blonde hair that will turn black once they start shaving. UM YES that's a big deal!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:48 PM

13,441 posts, read 15,050,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Because some people have blonde hair that will turn black once they start shaving. UM YES that's a big deal!
Do you also throw salt over your shoulder if you spill some? I always found that one weird. Let's avoid any bad luck associated with wasting salt by... wasting more salt.

Shaving hair: Does shaved hair grow back thicker? - MayoClinic.com

Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM

21,465 posts, read 22,713,045 times
Quote:
How would blonde hair turn black by shaving? Cutting a hair off above the follicle isn't going to affect how it would grow out of the follicle.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM

15,746 posts, read 11,757,357 times
my hair is dark anyway. Shaved or not shaved. And my skin is very pale. No stubbles visible.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM

13,441 posts, read 15,050,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
my hair is dark anyway. Shaved or not shaved. And my skin is very pale. No stubbles visible.
Maybe shaving would make it turn blonde then? Or purple? Conversation starter if nothing else.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM

212 posts, read 317,243 times
Trust me, there are also white women w/facial hair. I recently went a Clear store to deal w/some internet situations and the lady in there had some horrible facial hair. Mustache and beard!! She was really ugly and rude. Maybe she figured she was already so ugly that it didn't matter. She may have been right. I know if I had all that going on, I would do whatever necessary to get rid of it. I do, on rare occasion, get a little hair that grows out of my chin. As soon as I notice it, I pluck it out.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:40 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,265,030 times
Quote:
I would say laser is the #1 solution. Everyone should get that done. And electrolysis, if your skin is too dark.
Yeah, because laser hair removal and electrolysis is SO affordable, everyone can do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty