U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,299,713 times

Advertisements

I have seen it several times. One time, it was even a "professional" woman, who worked at a nice office building doing "office" work. The ones I have seen are all black women. Is it a trend? I don't think it's they "letting themselves" go, because they do look well groomed in other areas, like their hair, makeup, etc.

Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,008,285 times
Omg, I was just talking about our waitress's mustache @ this restaurant we were at a few days ago.

It was a young white woman, but she was totally redneck...

It was disturbing, to say the least.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 AM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times
People don't like to talk about facial hair on women, so women don't know how to deal with it if they so choose. Removal options are painful. And things like permanent laser treatments don't work for darker women (not enough contrast between hair color and skin color.)

It is a very taboo topic.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
I think just about any woman can afford a $2 pair of tweezers and figure out how to operate it.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:14 PM

26 posts, read 50,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog_mom View Post
i think just about any woman can afford a $2 pair of tweezers and figure out how to operate it.
+1

Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Yeah if you take care of yourself in general shaving the mo is nothing, blokes have to do it all the time.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM

31,162 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I think just about any woman can afford a $2 pair of tweezers and figure out how to operate it.

It's apparent you do not have this issue, otherwise you wouldn't even think about suggesting this kind of self-abuse. You either have to endure painful electrolysis, or irritating chemicals or waxing, and those are the best options. Tweezing is not an option, nor is shaving.

So for all of you men and any of you women who don't have facial hair, I suggest you hold your ignorant comments to yourselves because you have no idea what it's like to try to get rid of it.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

It's apparent you do not have this issue, otherwise you wouldn't even think about suggesting this kind of self-abuse. You either have to endure painful electrolysis, or irritating chemicals or waxing, and those are the best options. Tweezing is not an option, nor is shaving.

So for all of you men and any of you women who don't have facial hair, I suggest you hold your ignorant comments to yourselves because you have no idea what it's like to try to get rid of it.
Why isn't shaving an option? Is women's facial hair different to men's??

Men who have no facial hair whatsoever would be in the minority, me thinks lol.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,288,885 times
Honestly, I see more white women and hispanics with the mustache. I feel I see more black women with hairs around the chin region.

I've been informed some men appreciate the facial; possibly a fetish.
I can recall bring in the thick of a good night until this blonde's mustache brushed against my lip and cheek. Totally ruined the mode, I couldn't complete the task.

S/N: I have seen more women with facial hair in theed state of Pennsylvania than any other place frequented.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,119,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Tweezing most certainly is an option. Reign in the indignation.

I have PCOS, and would have quite a moustache if I did not tweeze for about 10 minutes daily. I will occasionally wax, and will eventually pay for electrolysis, but I could get along for the rest of my life concealing the 50 or so dark coarse hairs on the upper lip (plus double that in fine hair) with nothing but a pair of tweezers.

If one has never done anything, then starting off with a pair of tweezers would be time consuming, but that is not the case for daily maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty