U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,270,587 times

Advertisements

I noticed I have fine lines under my eyes already. I'm only 24! The good news is I only see them when I put foundation on under my eyes. The bad news is that I'm worried I am aging early.

How can I get rid of these?

Also, I'm more concerned about fine lines since I have been living with minor bags my whole life.

Also, I have always had bags under my eyes. I think I was born with them!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,145,248 times
It's a good idea to start now with preventative care. I'd recommend a product for night time like Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for the eye area, and maybe Clinique All About Eyes Serum for day, something that will take care of that puffiness. Good luck!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM

11,445 posts, read 19,492,615 times
With bags you have to use an artists trick. You need concealer two shades lighter than your foundation (or skin) and you need to pat and blend out a line right under the bags to highlight that area. It sounds wrong, but the reason they are so noticeable is the shadow they create -- take away the shadow and the bags disappear.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,291,400 times
Never knew that...thx

Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,449,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
With bags you have to use an artists trick. You need concealer two shades lighter than your foundation (or skin) and you need to pat and blend out a line right under the bags to highlight that area. It sounds wrong, but the reason they are so noticeable is the shadow they create -- take away the shadow and the bags disappear.
Darker can work too. It depend on the color and face shape. But basically don't use the same color thats all over your face. Matte finish is the best choice if you do cover that area. Shine makes things look bigger and stand out. It can also settle in fine lines.

The cover you use on your bags can create these bags too by drying the skin or just highlighting them in a way that makes them stand out. If you use too light a color to try to cover dark circles below the bags that can make them stand out too.

I would try a different color and formulation to cover that area. From your posts it sounds like that eye area is just getting to need less drying types of makeup and treatment. Poor hydration of skin or body will also create bags. Too much junk/salt/hormone issues as well. Basically anything that can cause water retention can add to the bag issue.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,039,036 times
I cannot recommend raw shea butter enough for any/all skin problems!

Look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty