Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:16 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
And personally I don't buy that whole men like big breasts/fertility thing because breast size has nothing to do with fertility or ability to bear and raise and feed children. It's more that men have a mommy thing where the first thing they instinctually wanted when emerging from the womb is mother's breast which is a source of nourishment and comfort. The act of squeezing a breast is like an infant trying to get more milk. Watch cats, they do the same thing with their paws when they nurse. I think men are all just children and see women as their surrogate mothers (fulfilling their needs.)
I try not to overanalyze it, considering I'm getting as much enjoyment out of it as he does
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 09:38 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
The comment about men being children wanting surrogate mothers was probably intended as a joke but is pretty insulting and fairly gross when you draw a sexual connotation into it. I don't work 12 hours per day and live on the other side of the planet from my family and friends because I want a surrogate mommy to take care of me... I take care of her, you know?
Exactly. Its just another component to big-boob shaming. Some people have to make it sound like some weird fetish so they look down on guys who prefer larger breasted women. That way they can conclude that those types of guys are deviants, low class, dumb, immature - whatever negative attributes you can dream up. Women with small/average breasts get to be classy, healthy, trim, sporty - look better in clothes, etc etc. And then guys who white knight for this crowd will say big natural boobs are "icky" because they sag. It's totally okay for a woman to not like a guy because he isn't tall enough or manly enough, but if a guy were to ever let on that he prefers one woman over another because of her bra size, all hell breaks loose and the rush to paint both him AND her as lower class citizens is on.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
It's also just plain creepy to sexualize the idea of breastfeeding a child; that's right up there with sexualizing mammograms and pelvic exams. Thankfully, most people are mature and mentally balanced enough to compartmentalize sexy time breasts and utilitarian breasts.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I like big, but I'll take small and natural over big and fake anyday.

I think there is a high correlation with fake breasts and psychological issues relating to self esteem and sexualized body image that I'd rather not deal with in a partner.

Plus fake is fake. I would rather it a normal tasting apple than some intensely artificial apple-flavored substance.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,424,525 times
I like them all, variety is the art of life. I just wish they would let me play with them :'(

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I try not to overanalyze it, considering I'm getting as much enjoyment out of it as he does
I think anyone who has ever nursed a baby knows babies don't squeeze them in a desperate attempt to get out every last drop. Who comes up with this stuff, lol?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It's also just plain creepy to sexualize the idea of breastfeeding a child; that's right up there with sexualizing mammograms and pelvic exams. Thankfully, most people are mature and mentally balanced enough to compartmentalize sexy time breasts and utilitarian breasts.
It is very creepy, but they don't care. Whenever a story comes up in Current events about a woman breastfeeding in public and someone complaining, there will always be a quite a few people who try to draw a connection with people being okay with sexualized breasts being hypocrites because they feel uncomfortable around a woman breastfeeding. I personally don't care if a woman breastsfeeds in public - uncovered or not, but I understand some people don't want to see it - but I am really disturb by those who try to draw some sort of connection between the two to conclude everyone should feel the same way about it.

The whole thing about implants being an illusion is a petty argument too. I can understand not liking "fake" breasts, but thinking about it that much is going way overboard, IMO. The imagery of a breast is the outer view of them. I've never heard of any getting turned on thinking about the fatty tissue underneath whether they sit next to a bag of fluid or not. To me an illusion would be a stuffed bra or extremely padded one.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Exactly. Its just another component to big-boob shaming. Some people have to make it sound like some weird fetish so they look down on guys who prefer larger breasted women. That way they can conclude that those types of guys are deviants, low class, dumb, immature - whatever negative attributes you can dream up. Women with small/average breasts get to be classy, healthy, trim, sporty - look better in clothes, etc etc. And then guys who white knight for this crowd will say big natural boobs are "icky" because they sag. It's totally okay for a woman to not like a guy because he isn't tall enough or manly enough, but if a guy were to ever let on that he prefers one woman over another because of her bra size, all hell breaks loose and the rush to paint both him AND her as lower class citizens is on.

Personally I just get tired of these type of threads myself, since it tends to pit women against each other, we are all different not one of us is alike, so there no right or wrong!

"We are all Real women"~ .....

Old 07-17-2015, 08:18 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
I went with a friend to a big trade show in S. California.
As we entered for the first time, I noticed a young lady just ahead of us, tottering on a too-tall pair of heels and too overloaded with silicone. She was obviously a show girl, hired to hang around and look glamorous.
She looked like she had been shot in the back by a couple of rockets.

My friend, who had attended the show for years, said "You won't see a pair of natural breasts again until we leave. By then, you will really miss them, too."

And he was right.

While I never paid all that much attention before, I did afterwards, and I'm sure there are women with good judgement and there are surgeons who offer good advice when it comes to breast augmentation. I think every woman has the right to do what she wants with her own body as well.

But that doesn't mean I must admire their bad decisions. I don't like a set of over-sized phony boobs any more than I like overdone tattoos, overdone makeup, or overdone hair styles. That's just me. I like my women natural, plain in their natural beauty, and beautiful in their natural differences. A bit of lipstick and a little mascara on a clean face is nice, but even that really isn't needed when any woman is confident in her looks.

Ironically, my brother is married to a former beauty queen. She's never had any plastic surgery, and she is gorgeous when she's wearing no makeup, but she's never confident until she 'has her face on', her hair is piled and sprayed stiff as a board, and every detail of her clothing an ornament is perfect.

I like her. Underneath all of that, she's a sweet-hearted woman, and she treats my brother very well. If I was married to her I would have a hard time with all of that stuff, but he doesn't, and I don't have to be around her every day, so it doesn't matter to me. My woman owns no makeup, no perfume, and does nothing but keep clean and comb her hair. That's her way, and I'm glad it is, because it suits me fine too.

I think that being at ease with one's self is what's important. I'm sorry for those who aren't, and I don't think major body modification is the way most of us will find internal peace with ourselves, but at the same time, I'm sure some do find that inner peace after they 'put on their face' whatever and however that means to them.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I went with a friend to a big trade show in S. California.
As we entered for the first time, I noticed a young lady just ahead of us, tottering on a too-tall pair of heels and too overloaded with silicone. She was obviously a show girl, hired to hang around and look glamorous.
She looked like she had been shot in the back by a couple of rockets.

My friend, who had attended the show for years, said "You won't see a pair of natural breasts again until we leave. By then, you will really miss them, too."

And he was right.

While I never paid all that much attention before, I did afterwards, and I'm sure there are women with good judgement and there are surgeons who offer good advice when it comes to breast augmentation. I think every woman has the right to do what she wants with her own body as well.

But that doesn't mean I must admire their bad decisions. I don't like a set of over-sized phony boobs any more than I like overdone tattoos, overdone makeup, or overdone hair styles. That's just me. I like my women natural, plain in their natural beauty, and beautiful in their natural differences. A bit of lipstick and a little mascara on a clean face is nice, but even that really isn't needed when any woman is confident in her looks.

Ironically, my brother is married to a former beauty queen. She's never had any plastic surgery, and she is gorgeous when she's wearing no makeup, but she's never confident until she 'has her face on', her hair is piled and sprayed stiff as a board, and every detail of her clothing an ornament is perfect.

I like her. Underneath all of that, she's a sweet-hearted woman, and she treats my brother very well. If I was married to her I would have a hard time with all of that stuff, but he doesn't, and I don't have to be around her every day, so it doesn't matter to me. My woman owns no makeup, no perfume, and does nothing but keep clean and comb her hair. That's her way, and I'm glad it is, because it suits me fine too.

I think that being at ease with one's self is what's important. I'm sorry for those who aren't, and I don't think major body modification is the way most of us will find internal peace with ourselves, but at the same time, I'm sure some do find that inner peace after they 'put on their face' whatever and however that means to them.

As I have stated before~~ There needs be something going on between the ears! ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty