U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,326,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
Maybe I'm getting old(38y/0) but the way a lot of women dress now, I can't take them around my mother. A LOT from all races and classes just dress like sluts.

Than they wonder why guys only want them for a booty call. Tight jeans and shirts. Over the top high heels.

And since when did leggins' become evening "attire"?
I'm curious to see how your ****-radar differs from mine.

Mind putting up a picture of this outfit you deem slutty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 AM

8,874 posts, read 12,995,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Since when did pajamas become day wear ? I cannot stand how sloppy and uncaring some ppl are when they go out in public ? I saw a woman today at the grocery store she was in pajamas and her hair was not even combed , I thought my god do these folks even look at themselves before they go out their door ?
We must shop at the same supermarket! I swear to you that just today (at 5 p.m.), I picked up a cart outside the market and the (I'd guess mid-twenties) woman in front of me was wearing:
-flannel pajama bottoms with obviously no underpants
-a tight gray tee that exposed her mid-section
-flip-flops
-dirty, unkempt hair.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,997,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
We must shop at the same supermarket! I swear to you that just today (at 5 p.m.), I picked up a cart outside the market and the (I'd guess mid-twenties) woman in front of me was wearing:
-flannel pajama bottoms with obviously no underpants
-a tight gray tee that exposed her mid-section
-flip-flops
-dirty, unkempt hair.
This is typical Walmart/college attire around here. Drives me crazy! Geez, take some pride in yourself, lazy people!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,578,104 times
Surely if you are worried about the kind of women you can introduce to your Mother then you chose the type of women you date quite carefully.

Not all women look tarty and slutty. Plenty of women around who dress with a little more class and decorum... If you find a woman slutty don't date her.

Problem solved. Or is the OP sexually attracted to sluts but only want "virgins" to take home ? Which in itself could say quite a lot.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and styles. There must be at least a few which are deemed acceptable and suitable to meet "Mother".

Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,814,983 times
If you're so concerned about how your mom's going to react to your dates, then maybe you should only date women who you know will not dress slutty.

For every woman who dresses slutty, there are plenty of us who are classy and carry ourselves with dignity.

It's common sense, really.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM

195 posts, read 287,082 times
Yeah young girls are wearing less clothes at least here in South Florida

They go out with shorts, shirts and skirts that look very uncomfortable. If they slightly bend or raise their arms they will be showing their private parts to the whole world.

I think it's crazy, not from a moral point of view but from a logical point of view. You go out to have fun, not to be constantly worried about your butt or boobs popping out and someone posting a video of your private parts on the internet.

I hope a new generation comes out that values comfort over sexiness.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,995,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCaseJr. View Post
So clothes are NO reflection of anything? Why would someone choose to dress like a ****, if she wasn't one? What message is she sending? None? Don't think so.
I disagree. Millions of people are way too dense (or even just immature) to think about what message their clothing is sending. What I'd bet you call slutty dress is probably what 25% of grade school girl virgins are wearing today. They're copying what they see on TV and they've given no thought whatsoever to what it might say to you. And that applies to men as well as women. I've seen many boys that I know perfectly well are from upper middle class families, yet they dress like they're in gangs. Some even copy prison tattoos, often not having any idea that's the origin of the symbol. Have you ever seen any hard rock Christian bands? Some of them dress exactly like heavy metal bands that fancy themselves as Satanists.

Good luck trying to convince the parents of these kids that they should "do something about it." For better or worse, our society has adopted the tradition that no matter what message someone's clothing is sending to YOU, it's up to you to receive the message without acting on it.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,468,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCaseJr. View Post
So clothes are NO reflection of anything? Why would someone choose to dress like a ****, if she wasn't one? What message is she sending? None? Don't think so.
How you present yourself certainly does send a message, whether you intend it to or not, but if you're dating a woman and know her not to be lewd or promiscuous, then what does it matter if she prefers miniskirts and halter tops?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,490,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Surely if you are worried about the kind of women you can introduce to your Mother then you chose the type of women you date quite carefully.

Not all women look tarty and slutty. Plenty of women around who dress with a little more class and decorum... If you find a woman slutty don't date her.

Problem solved.
This.

Though I am wondering if the problem is that the OP can't get a date with the girls who dress nicely.

Nah. Easier to blame it all on the women.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,895,328 times
I think more of it depends on her body vs. what she's actually wearing. I've heard my guy friends call women skanks who are wearing just tank tops and jeans because they've got pronounced curves or large breasts. A thin woman with a more 'up and down' body type wearing the same thing? Casual and cute. My sister and I are nearly the same size (we can share dresses and cotton tops, since I'm larger busted than she is) and I've been told I look skanky wearing the EXACT same dress my sister was called cute in the day before.

I have to be careful with what I wear because 90% of clothing will make me look skanky because of my body type. Of course, if I wear loose clothing it makes me look sloppy and unkempt.

Maybe the OP should move to a colder climate where people are bundled up more often?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty