U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 AM
 
122 posts, read 210,844 times
Reputation: 83

Advertisements

I would be ashamed to let my little girls dress with hiked up dresses that were way tooo short and did not look respectable. The youngest had a sun dress its in the 30;s the temp... and she has a sun dress on??? Who's dumb idea was that?. the older daughter looked like she had a t shirt on for a dress that was once a dress she grew out of or found in her sisters closet. NOTHING like the first time we saw these gals 4 yrs ago.......

Malia And Sasha Obama's Inauguration 2013 Outfits: First Daughters Wear J.Crew And Kate Spade! (PHOTO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
100% disagreed. The outfits are cute and age appropriate in my book.

Malia followed the key rule for wearing a shorter dress: only "expose" one area at a time. She paired her short dress with opaque tights and long sleeves. Perfect.

Sasha's dress was festive and fun.

Great choices by all of the Obamas.

P.S. People wear sleeveless outfits to dress up occasions all the time. There are these magical inventions called coats that protect you from the elements outside. And the Obama girls did have very nice ones to wear on their way to the inauguration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Mostly in my head
19,636 posts, read 53,511,196 times
Reputation: 18548
If you read your own link, you'd see that Malia wore the dress from the first inauguration but layered it over a black long-sleeved tee.
__________________
Moderator for Utah, Salt Lake City, Diabetes, Cancer, Pets forums
http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,523,143 times
Reputation: 19858
I had not seen the photos until the link you provided and I must admit I see nothing wrong with the way the two Obama Girls are dressed. Nothing provocative or offensive in the slightest. I find it cute and age appropriate.

They look like perfectly normal young women IMO. Not the kind of clothes I would wear but then I am 44. When I see what the average teenager is wearing I think those two girls are models of style and respectability in comparison. It's not as if they are wearing see through lace, or boob tubes with high heels or "hooker" boots. And I love their coats which are very classic.

And I think I am pretty conservative when it comes to dressing. I see nothing which is inappropriate or "disrespectful"...

I tend to favour classic styles and looks ( Blazers, neutral colours, lots of navy and beige, pearls etc...) but I would have no problem with my daughters wearing those outfits if I had kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Sudcaroland
10,664 posts, read 7,708,170 times
Reputation: 31964
I find these dresses very nice. And I don't see any sun dress, just a sleeveless dress!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
They look like perfectly normal young women IMO. Not the kind of clothes I would wear but then I am 44.
I would totally steal Malia's skater dress! I love that shape! :P As long as it was the right length on me. I think she has 5 inches on me, so I bet it would hit just above the knee on me! Hahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Texas
15,638 posts, read 14,697,835 times
Reputation: 62446
I think their outfits are really cute and the colors are wonderful. I didn't see anything that was too short. They look great, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
 
15,832 posts, read 18,454,406 times
Reputation: 25619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
100% disagreed. The outfits are cute and age appropriate in my book.

Malia followed the key rule for wearing a shorter dress: only "expose" one area at a time. She paired her short dress with opaque tights and long sleeves. Perfect.

Sasha's dress was festive and fun.

Great choices by all of the Obamas.

P.S. People wear sleeveless outfits to dress up occasions all the time. There are these magical inventions called coats that protect you from the elements outside. And the Obama girls did have very nice ones to wear on their way to the inauguration.
I totally agree. I think the girls look fine. I appreciate that they aren't little robots, and are allowed to dress age appropriately. Good grief...there are certainly more important things to worry about imo

Last edited by JanND; 01-21-2013 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: edit text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,220,570 times
Reputation: 3401
What is wrong with their outfits? I think they look great. The coats are very nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 AM
 
567 posts, read 793,374 times
Reputation: 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
I would be ashamed to let my little girls dress with hiked up dresses that were way tooo short and did not look respectable. The youngest had a sun dress its in the 30;s the temp... and she has a sun dress on??? Who's dumb idea was that?. the older daughter looked like she had a t shirt on for a dress that was once a dress she grew out of or found in her sisters closet. NOTHING like the first time we saw these gals 4 yrs ago.......

Malia And Sasha Obama's Inauguration 2013 Outfits: First Daughters Wear J.Crew And Kate Spade! (PHOTO)
Must be a slow day at your house...criticizing .......how sad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top