U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times

Advertisements

I am mostly, But a bit too heavy though at 194 lbs as of today, Despite clothes fitting about the same. not in the gym either, Should get in one and toss the cigs like I promised myself about 100 times. : (
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
I'm not content but I've accepted what I can't change. I also avoid photos and mirrors because I used to stress so much over my "flaws". Now I do my grooming, put on makeup, and put myself together the best I can then turn away from the mirror. I hold an image in my head of what I look like based on how I feel that day, not what I see staring back at me in unflattering light in the bathroom or awkward moments caught on camera . I might actually do something about a couple issues I have if time and money are every plentiful.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,057,952 times
At 55, God's been good to me, though I wouldn't mind a couple of surgical procedures to help combat the aging process ... if I had the extra money. Also, a good kick in the butt to lose those extra 10 pounds.

Last edited by ennaf; 01-22-2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 PM

46 posts, read 56,139 times
Well I am satisfied somehow someway -- showbiz as you may thought but my face is the the only one in the world! Hahaha, I place make up. I treat my hair, I use cream, moisturizers and everything really. But that is to make myself satisfied - sort of a defense mechanism that because of thought that I wear these, I feel and looks great.

Most of the time, I always browse for new tech and trends to make myself in. For example, if there is a new shade of eye shadow in town, I will look for free samples of that and try it to my own face, definitely if it works and looks good then bingo buy it immediately, but if not, then try again next time, LOL ... Thanks for freakyfreddies make up category and to like sites which I can browse for freebies that will improve myself. Not just beauty, but as well as scent, hair, and health.. Hmmm!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,490,709 times
not satisfied with it.. i hink i would trade some of my intelligence for it

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,947,230 times
Yes, im satisfied

Im not beautiful, but i have a very nice looking face. I could do with a much better metabolism than mine (its really hard for me to not gain weight) and i do hate that about myself, but i really like my face, i have good skin and look younger than i am, and im tall (5 9). Of course im nowhere near being a knockout or beatiful but im ok with it, i dont daydream wishing i was more beautiful. I wish i were other things that im not, but "more beautiful" is not one of them, thankfully.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM

261 posts, read 424,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not content but I've accepted what I can't change. I also avoid photos and mirrors because I used to stress so much over my "flaws". Now I do my grooming, put on makeup, and put myself together the best I can then turn away from the mirror. I hold an image in my head of what I look like based on how I feel that day, not what I see staring back at me in unflattering light in the bathroom or awkward moments caught on camera . I might actually do something about a couple issues I have if time and money are every plentiful.
Oh you know your not the only one. I remember when had just turned 21 and was starting to hit the scene and taking group pictures KILLLED! Yes I was the one who said 'Can we take that again' and everyone looking exhausted and the hot people would just do it again and friegn NAIL the shot again and go back to being as hot as they normally were. Mind you this is what evoked 'the change' and I HAD to get myself together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
not satisfied with it.. i hink i would trade some of my intelligence for it
Its good you said that because I was gonna ask that well know question. Would you rather be hot and dumb as rocks. Or ugly but very smart. Its been asked before but its always interesting to hear what people say in replies. I also find it interesting how people here have down the wants and needs in solid bullet points.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,495,426 times
I think you've stumbled upon and gained a lot of wisdom at a young age.
I'm 64 years old and have only in the last 4 years learned to appreciate and take care of the house that shelters my soul.
Given what I've learned and now know throughout the years, I too would say 'nope' if offered alternatives to being what/whom I am. I love everything about being me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
Me and a friend was kind of joking about this a few days ago.
If you could would you trade it all in and hope for getting better genetics ?

Me. NOPE! Over all I hate to sound cocky but I didn't come out half bad. Sure I have no ass (I have tried squats, you either have an ass or you don't sorry) but I don't need all that. I do wish I had 'better' hair in the sense I could never get away with that sexy 'bed head' look I am so envious of but giving the fact that I am above average height, good complexion (had few pimples growing up as well), and from what ive been told I have this thing call 'happy eyes'...Lost all of my 'baby weight' and with a good hair cut. ILL TAKE IT!

I had to wake up and stop looking at adult entertainment and realize most people do not look like that what so ever and be thankful for what I have. I think if most people took care of themselves more (eat better, worked out) they would me a lot happier.
And you ?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
No. It's a constant internal battle, but I find that whenever I start whining/complaining about my "issues," something kicks me back to reality and puts everything in perspective and I end up being grateful for being the way I am.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 AM

195 posts, read 285,782 times
Well I didn't create myself so I cannot be satisfied or dissapointed. I can only thank or blame my parents for spreading their gene pool.

But I only blame my mother for not marrying a rich man. With money yoy can even buy beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty