Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Oy. Were you outraged when the First Lady dared to touch the Queens shoulder?

Not at all, I honestly think the Queen and others should not have made such a big to do about it. She was just being friendly and I think it was an expression of being "warm" towards the Queen. Now if she grabbed her and hugged her, wellll, that's different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM

445 posts, read 864,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yes, Hillary's style of dressing is "no" style. I believe she wears pantsuits because her legs are not attractive and she also has wide hips; she badly needs a hair makeover these days. But she is looking more and more like the B**** she is. (She looked great in the 2008 campaign, and it was all downhill from there.)

Jackie Kennedy was pretty much skin and bones, way too thin, and her arms were not attractive in sleeveless outfits most of the time. But she obviously had great dressmakers and listened to them about her image. Well educated, and she fit the First Lady role beautifully -- while being married to a cheating ruthless Kennedy -- had to be difficult.

Poor Roslyn Carter always looked like she had just come in from picking peanuts on the farm. Klutzy, wrinkled, and had that deer in the headlights look most of the time, fawnin' ovah Jimmeee.... she always dressed like a "little girl".

Nancy Reagan wore too much red, tried to make it her "trademark"; but my goodness it was boring and she never looked "relaxed". Always ready for the right camera angle.

Laura Bush was and still is the consummate "lady" in how she dressed and her mannerisms; and always looked composed. Has a lot of class. Well educated, very intelligent, and was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Read her book, it's excellent.

I don't believe a lady is a "lady" regardless of what she is wearing. There are plenty of lady/females around who don't have a clue about actually being a lady, and weren't brought up to be one.

Not saying Michelle is not a lady, far from it. She's just klutzy looking, and doesn't seem to want to polish up her image; maybe has the wrong designers, makeup people, certainly needs a better hairdresser !

Every First Lady gets scrutinized, criticized, both by the public, the news media, magazines etc. Just because someone expresses an opinion or a suggestion, doesn't mean she isn't well liked. But they have a duty when in office to project a proper image in public.

No need to be so sensitive about Michelle, she is very smart and has her "path" all set up. She just needs to walk it a bit more gracefully.

There 'ya go; just spreading the love around ...
Your spreading something around. I don't know if it's love.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
Michelle Obama is a good looking woman. Her dress for the 2d Inaugural Balls makes her look like real wide load. Disappointed.
Well no kidding, she IS a wide load. Makes three of the POTUS. There is only so much you can do to disguise a lardassian you know.

A slimming dress like this would have been much more attractive.

http://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/d...-mmva-show.jpg

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well no kidding, she IS a wide load. Makes three of the POTUS. There is only so much you can do to disguise a lardassian you know.

A slimming dress like this would have been much more attractive.

http://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/d...-mmva-show.jpg

20yrsinBranson

B-b-but she tried that "hourglass look" remember ? Eeewwww...... the black widow dress,

http://www.google.com/search?q=miche...w=1074&bih=594

Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,413 times
Default Actually

Quote:
Yes, Hillary's style of dressing is "no" style. I believe she wears pantsuits because her legs are not attractive and she also has wide hips; she badly needs a hair makeover these days. But she is looking more and more like the B**** she is. (She looked great in the 2008 campaign, and it was all downhill from there.)

Jackie Kennedy was pretty much skin and bones, way too thin, and her arms were not attractive in sleeveless outfits most of the time. But she obviously had great dressmakers and listened to them about her image. Well educated, and she fit the First Lady role beautifully -- while being married to a cheating ruthless Kennedy -- had to be difficult.

Poor Roslyn Carter always looked like she had just come in from picking peanuts on the farm. Klutzy, wrinkled, and had that deer in the headlights look most of the time, fawnin' ovah Jimmeee.... she always dressed like a "little girl".

Nancy Reagan wore too much red, tried to make it her "trademark"; but my goodness it was boring and she never looked "relaxed". Always ready for the right camera angle.

Laura Bush was and still is the consummate "lady" in how she dressed and her mannerisms; and always looked composed. Has a lot of class. Well educated, very intelligent, and was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Read her book, it's excellent.

I don't believe a lady is a "lady" regardless of what she is wearing. There are plenty of lady/females around who don't have a clue about actually being a lady, and weren't brought up to be one.

Not saying Michelle is not a lady, far from it. She's just klutzy looking, and doesn't seem to want to polish up her image; maybe has the wrong designers, makeup people, certainly needs a better hairdresser !

Every First Lady gets scrutinized, criticized, both by the public, the news media, magazines etc. Just because someone expresses an opinion or a suggestion, doesn't mean she isn't well liked. But they have a duty when in office to project a proper image in public.

No need to be so sensitive about Michelle, she is very smart and has her "path" all set up. She just needs to walk it a bit more gracefully.

There 'ya go; just spreading the love around ...

Laura Bush seemed quite boring and frumpy to me. Having met Mrs. Kennedy, as a child at the White House Easter Egg roll, I agree she was a graceful Lady. I met Mrs. Carter, and had a chance to speak with her for several minutes at a campaign luncheon. She was very petite, and well dressed. I considered Barbara Bush a great lady until her demeaning comments about the Katrina refugees.

I find your comments to be demeaning and offensive-- but you are just stating your opinion . (as I am mine)

Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Laura Bush seemed quite boring and frumpy to me. Having met Mrs. Kennedy, as a child at the White House Easter Egg roll, I agree she was a graceful Lady. I met Mrs. Carter, and had a chance to speak with her for several minutes at a campaign luncheon. She was very petite, and well dressed. I considered Barbara Bush a great lady until her demeaning comments about the Katrina refugees.

I find your comments to be demeaning and offensive-- but you are just stating your opinion . (as I am mine)

Sorry that you feel "demeaned" and "offended", but we're not talking about you. Nice to hear that you hob nobbed on the White House lawn though, and with Roslyn at a luncheon. I'm sure the experiences in the political circles continue to provide you with special memories to this day. So what did you think of Michelle's ball gown?

Bless your heart. This IS an opinion forum last time I checked.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
Michelle Obama is a good looking woman. Her dress for the 2d Inaugural Balls makes her look like real wide load. Disappointed.
where's the picture?

Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I didn't vote for her husband and I don't particularly like her, but I think her dress was beautiful, she looked great in it and I love her bangs.
yes, it makes her look Latino. Goes perfectly with her pretentious hubby.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
B-b-but she tried that "hourglass look" remember ? Eeewwww...... the black widow dress,

michelle obama red black dress - Google Search
I think she looks better in all the pics with sleeves.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,413 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Sorry that you feel "demeaned" and "offended", but we're not talking about you. Nice to hear that you hob nobbed on the White House lawn though, and with Roslyn at a luncheon. I'm sure the experiences in the political circles continue to provide you with special memories to this day. So what did you think of Michelle's ball gown?

Bless your heart. This IS an opinion forum last time I checked.
this is an opinion forum, and I do find you offensive -- but I feel in no way demeaned .
I have lots of fond memories--I am enjoying making more all the time. Political circles are not my favorite, because they can become irritating when you have to work for them on so many campaigns, (all parties), as an art director for an ad agency. Glad those days are over.

I thought the gown was beautiful . I see that you have acquired the subtle put down from your time in the south-- Bless your heart back at you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty