U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,265,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Holy cow. Maybe the other person felt intimidated and robbed?
Well don't get me wrong, I smile and say thank you and please and "have a good day" but I am just not what one would think of as bubbly or outgoing, not someone you'd expect to be getting preferential treatment due to being particularly charismatic or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 AM

571 posts, read 947,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
She isn't working as a janitor now, but did in college. She had worked as someone who gave tours to college freshman one summer and after she stopped being "thin" the University did not rehire her for that job the next summer even she though she had received some type of an award for "outstanding preformance" or worker of the month or something like that.

I think that she was (is) a person who wasn't "naturally thin" but really needed to eat virtually nothing and exercise a lot to stay a size zero or size two. It wasn't until we see her now, at a size six, eating and exercising a normal amount that we realize that what she did before wasn't normal.

Ask a few of your adult female friends who are a size zero how much they actually get to eat in a typical day. You may be surprised at how little it really is.
Not to throw sizes around, but both myself and my sister are a size 0 and we eat quite a bit (I should add we're petite, not tall). We just eat healthy stuff (I don't deprive myself - I just don't like junk food). I never allow myself to get full, yet I never walk around feeling hungry.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM

868 posts, read 930,147 times
Beautiful people have enormous advantages these days, more so than ever before. It's got to the stage where ugly people now need to be a "protected minority". Yes, I am deadly serious. We need to start legislating against the perfect race now before it's too late.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM

4,915 posts, read 6,579,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Beautiful people have enormous advantages these days, more so than ever before. It's got to the stage where ugly people now need to be a "protected minority". Yes, I am deadly serious. We need to start legislating against the perfect race now before it's too late.
Perfect race? Are there not beautiful people of all races?

Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM

5,901 posts, read 7,952,637 times
He meant "race of the beautiful people", like if they were a race apart
maybe they should pay more taxes

Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,907,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I think so.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,772,016 times
Quote:
If we charged them more taxes I'm afraid they would charge us to gaze upon their great beauty.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM

868 posts, read 930,147 times
Quote:
You get it.

Maybe they should pay more tax. It's statistically proven that ugly people generally earn circa $230,000 less in a lifetime than attractive people:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/op...case.html?_r=0

If you're hot, your beauty should be taxed, so that you may not be the sole beneficiary of something you were simply "born with".

I call that fair

Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,988,186 times
Maybe ugly people just have inferior genetics overall? Test have been done that show a significant increase in intelligence coinciding with attractiveness. Apparently more often that not, when someone pulls the short straw so-to-say, they really do pull it in all genetic aspects.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Maybe ugly people just have inferior genetics overall? Test have been done that show a significant increase in intelligence coinciding with attractiveness. Apparently more often that not, when someone pulls the short straw so-to-say, they really do pull it in all genetic aspects.
Ah, but is the increased intelligence due to being given opportunities that uglier people weren't given? I've noticed that more attractive children are given far more praise and the opportunity to experience more things which may increase their intelligence over time.

If two people are interviewed for a program, but only the attractive one gets chosen based on their attractiveness, where does that leave the ugly person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty