U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM

12,440 posts, read 14,569,865 times

Advertisements

Baby Boomers grew up in a time when natural was considered better...I still do...Basic Grooming does NOT involve shaving...at all...I find the sight if a shaved armpit gross, not pretty at all...smooth bodies should be for those who still have it naturally...little boys and girls, and babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM

29,738 posts, read 47,517,527 times
'Basic grooming' does not include removing all body hair.

I wear a full beard down to my chest [below the nipples]. I like my beard.

Right now there may be some young adults who like full-body hair removal. Certainly not all however. It is a fad among some.

It will pass.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM

15,235 posts, read 23,770,707 times
Moderator cut: image removed

yum, now that is when men looked like men.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM

7,289 posts, read 12,879,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
why are Boomers so opposed to at least basic grooming. I swear whenever I use the mens room I see hair in the urinal that is longer than my head hair. Pretty gross if you ask me.
I don't like urinal pubes either, but there they are. The thing is, an assertion like yours can't possibly be formed by observing the length of pubic hair in a urinal. How do you know that long pubes came from someone of a certain age? Did you actually witness them being dropped? Did you scrape them out of the urinal with your fingers so you could see if they were black, brown, or an incriminating shade of grey? Also, what makes you think that an entire generation is opposed to "basic grooming" any more or less than people from generation X or Y? What is "basic grooming" and who is responsible for determining whether it's "basic" or "advanced" grooming?!

This thread is bizarre. You probably just think people of a certain age are nasty because of their age, so your brain attributes the origin of long pubes, to the people you think must have grown them. Hooray.

Next thread: Why do so many Generation Y people take smelly dumps?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,171,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I don't like urinal pubes either, but there they are. The thing is, an assertion like yours can't possibly be formed by observing the length of pubic hair in a urinal. How do you know that long pubes came from someone of a certain age? Did you actually witness them being dropped? Did you scrape them out of the urinal with your fingers so you could see if they were black, brown, or an incriminating shade of grey? Also, what makes you think that an entire generation is opposed to "basic grooming" any more or less than people from generation X or Y? What is "basic grooming" and who is responsible for determining whether it's "basic" or "advanced" grooming?!

This thread is bizarre. You probably just think people of a certain age are nasty because of their age, so your brain attributes the origin of long pubes, to the people you think must have grown them. Hooray.

Next thread: Why do so many Generation Y people take smelly dumps?
Thai food

Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,346,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I may laugh for the next three days.

OK OP, here it is: Hair is very important to Boomers. Growing your hair long in the 60's meant you were sticking it to society. Which was up -tight. Hair was a statement. People like John Lennon and Jim Morrison had long hair. Mitt Romeny didn't. 'Nuff said.

A moustache meant you were a war protester. Not a cop.

A soul patch meant you were looking for pot.

A 'fro meant you were down with the brothers.

Yoko Ono had a lot of hair. Julie Nixon Eisenhower didn't.

If you had seen "Hair" it meant you had seen naked people on stage and were totally cool with your body.

If you could sing all the lyrics to "Hair" it meant you didn't have a soul patch.

If you had hair on your palms it meant your mother was worried about you and your dad was saying, "The Army will make a man out of him!"

Nowadays, sadly, the Boomers are loosing their hair. Even some women. This is a cause of great concern. It means you've joined "them". Joining "them" means you are getting ads for funeral homes and discount cremation services. Joining "them" means you probably have a son who voted for Mitt Romney. Joining "them" means you eat dinner at 4:30 and know what time Wheel of Fortune comes on.

It's a terrible thing for Boomers to see the young men of America shaving their chests. Horrible. Nearly as bad as the Young Americans for Nixon. None of whom had long hair.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:03 PM

14,327 posts, read 12,580,147 times
Moderator cut: image removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I second that!

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM

27,523 posts, read 17,660,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Reminds me of the anal bleaching conversation.

)

That will give you pink eye.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,346,973 times
I am a Baby Boomer and I do not understand why people shave practically their whole bodies. God gave us hair for a reason. Why would someone want to make their genitals look like it did when they were 8? Having hair on your body doesn't mean you are not clean. It has also got to be so time consuming to constantly shave to keep up on the stubble. In the 60's and 70's most women only shaved their legs and underarms at the most. Any hippie type women didn't shave anything. I find it even stranger that men are doing this body shaving thing. I know times change and this is 2013, but I still don't get the reasoning of taking all of ones body hair off.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM

11,987 posts, read 10,687,492 times
I'm Gen X, but I'm a bit of a throwback when it comes to body hair. I think some body hair removal is ok (the armpits and legs for women), but other than that ... nah. Body hair is natural and looks good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty