U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,445,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Watch-TV. Or-better-yet,-live-life.
I do, and I see nothing but bubble butts touted as the ideal.

Again, examples please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM

4,686 posts, read 5,840,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The term "athletic build" when applied to women often is a euphemism for thin and flat-chested. There are a lot of men to don't like that.
That is not the image I have of a woman with an athletic build.

Quote:
A lot of guys disagree with this. The body of a gymnast or runner tends to look wiry or underdeveloped. Most Olympic gymnasts have the body of a 12-year-old, and a lot of men don't find that attractive. Your preference is outside the norm. Most men find a curvaceous figure, and hourglass figure, to be attractive.
I don't think most men agree with this. I think this was more of a 1950s attitude. Guys who are in shape like women who are in shape. A woman can have a curvaceous figure, and hourglass figure and still have an athletic build. I suggest you Google images or videos of Crossfit women. They have hundreds of videos online with women lifting weights and doing other workouts. Most of the women are very attractive.

I have found the same is true with women who are runners. Go to a large 10K race and you won't find many women who look "wiry or underdeveloped." This may be true of elite women marathon runners, but is not true of average female runners.

Check out this one:
CrossFit - WOD 120803 Demo with Andrea Ager, Jackie Perez, Rita Benavidez, and Erin Cianciolo - YouTube

Last edited by villageidiot1; 01-30-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,217,860 times
Curves are much more than boobs fyi.
The two don't always go hand in hand.

The defining part of a woman that makes or breaks curves in the WHR.

Not all obese or overweight women are curvy,and not all thin women are straight up and down.

Who has more curves,Naomi Campbell or Adele?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM

72,782 posts, read 64,231,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
That is not the image I have of a woman with an athletic build.

I don't think most men agree with this. I think this was more of a 1950s attitude.
I have found the same is true with women who are runners. Go to a large 10K race and you won't find many women who look "wiry or underdeveloped." This may be true of elite women marathon runners, but is not true of average female runners.

Check out this one:
CrossFit - WOD 120803 Demo with Andrea Ager, Jackie Perez, Rita Benavidez, and Erin Cianciolo - YouTube
You should hang around the Relationships forum. The guys there mostly post women with hourglass figures as their preferred type. The don't let us forget it.
I know a couple of women who run 10K races. They have boy bodies.
The women in the video look pretty much as the OP describes; narrow hips, no waist, and moderate or big boobs. I guess the reason women "aspire" to this is because a lot of guys like you prefer it. Who knew?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
You should hang around the Relationships forum. The guys there mostly post women with hourglass figures as their preferred type. The don't let us forget it.
The women in the video look pretty much as the OP describes; narrow hips, no waist, and moderate or big boobs. I guess the reason women "aspire" to this is because a lot of guys like you prefer it. Who knew?
I made a comment in the exercise forum around why women don't lift weights. There is a bit of bias. People with certain figure types tend to gravitate towards certain sports. Or maybe those without the "ideal" body type are discouraged from childhood. I know full well that I could be the queen of crossfit, but I am not remotely shaped like the "ideal" women. I'd much rather see women closer to my own body type to use as references and inspiration.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,257,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Obviously, you don't know how I behave in real life or treat women. I don't think any of my threads were disrespectful to women as a whole, they just happened to offend you so you pull out that card. Well it won't work with me.

I'm talking in this way because these are the 'tropes' that are popular with society. You just feel threatened when people attack your precious modelling fraternity which glamourises something that others don't automatically go gaga about. Well it's time to accept that people have other views that you might feel uncomfortable with.

Your threads make it seem like you do not know any women in real life including sisters, mother, etc.

Also the title of this thread is demeaning no matter how you try to slice it. What if I started a thread "Why do so many men do XYZ like little 12 year old girls?"

You are either dense, have issues with women, or are trolling. Maybe you have never had a friendship with a woman, a sister, et.c

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 AM

4,686 posts, read 5,840,851 times
Quote:
I don't understand the "no waist" comment. These women have little fat around their waist and defined abs. The biggest difference between the size of women's hips is how much fat they are carrying on them. The majority of women are carrying way too much fat, and their hips and butts are where it accumulates.

Last edited by villageidiot1; 01-31-2013 at 08:49 AM..

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 AM

3,572 posts, read 6,202,026 times
I wonder if "hairless bird" is reference to a 'Bald' Eagle.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM

43 posts, read 92,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I don't understand the "no waist" comment. These women have little fat around their waist and defined abs. The biggest difference between the size of women's hips is how much fat they are carrying on them. The majority of women are carrying way too much fat and their hips and butts are where it accumulates.
Women hold onto fat in their hips and pelvis region because it is essential for giving birth. That's why essential fat for women is 5-7% higher than for men. Waist-height ratio is actually a pretty good indicator of a woman's health. (better than weight, actually) And a low waist-hip ratio is considered ideal.

VVV Whoops, sorry. Corrected.

Last edited by Rumina; 01-31-2013 at 09:10 AM..

Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumina View Post
Women hold onto fat in their hips and pelvis region because it is essential for giving birth. That's why essential fat for women is 5-7% higher than for men. Waist-height ratio is actually a pretty good indicator of a woman's health. (better than weight, actually) And a high waist-hip ratio is considered ideal.
Low WHR, actually, not high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or