U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think you are ignoring the whole Kim Kardashian booty phenomenon. Jennifer Lopez started it. You mention a "womanly figure" including hips and backside ... in the 90s Pamela Anderson was a major sex symbol. She's all chest, no butt. Women can't do anything about the shape of their hips because that's our skeletal structure. Butts and thighs, though, are muscles to be shaped.

I don't think Asian women get particularly busty or have much in the way of bubble butts either. They seem to be very slender-framed for the most part. Also, you don't see a lot of muscular arms or strong, imposing posture among Asian women. I think it's considered unfeminine.
Actually, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian have the (generalized/stereotyped) shape of Black women....round bottom with narrow waist.

But as for the OP's question...

In general, White men (usually) tend to prefer thin/slender women. So some women try to conform to attract the type of men that they prefer.

But then finally, some women are just naturally thin and want to stay that way. And others are simply trying to be healthy or they like the way that they look when slender over chubby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM

2,224 posts, read 2,866,931 times
It sure baffles me. I don't get how Giselle Bundchen, a legitimately underweight woman, somehow became the media's epitome of sexiness. Any gut who's actually physically been with a woman knows its much more fun when you've got somethin to grab on to.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM

13,031 posts, read 7,199,948 times
Some of them have psych issues. I know one that starves herself and is an exercise anorexic. She proudly admits being able to fit into her teenage daughters jeans. I know two who admitted to bulimia and another anorexic. It's strange how two of my anorexic friends are now way overweight. That's too much drama for me and I hate being hungry. It's unfortunate that these women aspire to achieve an unrealistic media manufactured body type. I don't understand the mentality. How can I convince them to be happy with what nature intended?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times
Nature intends variety. Not one type.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Nature intends variety. Not one type.
No. All thin/slim hipped women are anorexic little boys who are just succumbing to societal pressures and should feel ashamed for not being more visually stimulating to Trimac20.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
No. All thin/slim hipped women are anorexic little boys who are just succumbing to societal pressures and should feel ashamed for not being more visually stimulating to Trimac20.
My knee contained a whole society?! Wow. No wonder it hurt so much when I was fat!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM

1,699 posts, read 3,373,641 times
I was under the impression that the OP is about the look of extremely low body fat coupled with humongous boobs. Some of the posts are not addressing that specific body ideal. A woman can usually achieve the "desired" cup size by getting her overall body fat % way up.. but then she's not "beautiful" because she is "fat". Or a woman can achieve the desired body fat % but then she's not "hot" enough because her boobs have gone flat as body fat dropped. What I'm saying is that a very thin body with giant boobs can generally only be attained through surgery. A look that can only be achieved via an operation really shouldn't be a standard of beauty. But think how much poorer plastic surgeons would be if women could live up to beauty ideals more easily and naturally..

Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM

634 posts, read 784,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
What's with the sweeping generalizations?
I agree. NONE of the women I know "aspire to have the bodies of 12 year olds with big boobs" as the OP says. NONE of them. NONE!!! ZILCH!!! ZERO!!!

Women want to be healthy, fit, beautiful and have low body fat percentages. The ONLY people I EVER hear of saying things like "Oh women want to look like 12 year old boys" or "Prepubesient boys" or something similar are fat women.

Women I know aspire to have healthy, fit, athletic, toned, sexy bodies. Does any of this sound 12 year old boyish to you? NO!!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Maybe these women are just trying to be healthy and fit? Not everyone is blessed with a natural hourglass figure

Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM

2,224 posts, read 2,866,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Maybe these women are just trying to be healthy and fit? Not everyone is blessed with a natural hourglass figure
"Healthy" has just become 21st century code for "skinny", but used so people don't get accused of promoting poor body image (there are way worse things for your health than being a little chubby but I don't hear any of these people addressing them, wonder why that is?). Loads of thin girls my age just get that way by barely eating; they have little no no muscle mass, and will either blow up when career/motherhood stress causes them to eat out more or eat more in general, and then maybe shrivel up due to osteoporosis and whatnot once they hit 60.

Quote:
I was under the impression that the OP is about the look of extremely low body fat coupled with humongous boobs. Some of the posts are not addressing that specific body ideal. A woman can usually achieve the "desired" cup size by getting her overall body fat % way up.. but then she's not "beautiful" because she is "fat". Or a woman can achieve the desired body fat % but then she's not "hot" enough because her boobs have gone flat as body fat dropped. What I'm saying is that a very thin body with giant boobs can generally only be attained through surgery. A look that can only be achieved via an operation really shouldn't be a standard of beauty. But think how much poorer plastic surgeons would be if women could live up to beauty ideals more easily and naturally..

Yeah this also confuses me. On the one hand, our culture venerates big boobs, but then is also pushing all of these weight loss gimmicks, as if they didn't know they were made of adipose tissue ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or