U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
Reputation: 5566

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That's how you're seeing it...for a start I'm just asking a question, as i've done in all my threads. I haven't said 'most of these models are just gross'. The strongest I've said is I don't find it appealing or i think it's an unnatural standards. I've even said slim women can be attractive. In other threads I cited actually underweight women. I know I might not be sensitive enough for those more emotionally inclined, but I'm criticising societal attitudes more so than the individuals, we're all humans underneath. My original premise, before my message got muddied, was that the idea of being very thin and having big boobs is what MANY women aspire to. Of course, most other posters could just answer the proposition without having to go on the attack... Maybe comparing some women to 12 years might seem insensitive and wasn't the best way to be objective...I'm sorry if I offended you personally, not my intent, I hope you can see that.
Yes, nothing like "hairless bird" to show how impersonal you are on the subject. I'm just showing you how sexist your words are. Again, if you don't want to be perceived as such then realize the impact of your words and change them. This isn't the first time you've made derogatory comments about women of various body types. Just because you feel that a certain body is held up as ideal doesn't give you free license to demean them.

And if you don't feel like changing your sexist ways, well, I'll just put it this way:
Quote:
Well it's time to accept that people have other views that you might feel uncomfortable with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Yes, nothing like "hairless bird" to show how impersonal you are on the subject. I'm just showing you how sexist your words are. Again, if you don't want to be perceived as such then realize the impact of your words and change them. This isn't the first time you've made derogatory comments about women of various body types. Just because you feel that a certain body is held up as ideal doesn't give you free license to demean them.

And if you don't feel like changing your sexist ways, well, I'll just put it this way:
What's so bad about birds? lol. Some people just need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously. Please, your accusations of sexism are losing their meaning. The more women use it the more meaningless it becomes. Okay, so I'm sexist and I hate women. Are you happy? Did that sound authentic to you? I'm sure you know all my motivations as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What's so bad about birds? lol. Some people just need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously. Please, your accusations of sexism are losing their meaning. The more women use it the more meaningless it becomes. Okay, so I'm sexist and I hate women. Are you happy? Did that sound authentic to you? I'm sure you know all my motivations as well.
Nothing like avoiding the issue to rid yourself of blame. Your words were sexist and unacceptable, period. If you are uncomfortable with that fact then you are the only one who can do anything about it, but don't expect people to ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,230,193 times
Reputation: 7486
Geez,another body thread.
Just what we need....


But,I think I get what he is saying,I think.

Why big breast held up as the ideal female part to have,when plenty of men like large hips and small waists?

Breast aren't even the beauty marker,or most feminine part to have.
The most consistent thing for a woman to have,that cuts across all cultures and races,is the 0:7 waist to hip ratio. She can be 110 pounds or 500 pounds,as long as she has that ratio,or smaller,she is good to go,and considered beautiful across all races.

I have googled the body part men prefer on a woman,and it was a tie between large breasts,large butt,large hips,and nice legs.
Many men would not take a large breasted woman with no booty.
I think american men have been programmed to like large breasts with no hips figure.


So the question I have,is why when a woman has large hips,she is considered fat?
Hips are bones....

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 01-24-2013 at 10:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Nothing like avoiding the issue to rid yourself of blame. Your words were sexist and unacceptable, period. If you are uncomfortable with that fact then you are the only one who can do anything about it, but don't expect people to ignore it.
If you say so. Let's agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Geez,another body thread.
Just what we need....


But,I think I get what he is saying,I think.

Why big breast held up as the ideal female part to have,when plenty of men like large hips and small waists?

Breast aren't even the beauty marker,or most feminine part to have.
The most consistent thing for a woman to have,that vuts across all cultures and races,is the 0:7 waist to hip ratio. She can be 110 pounds or 500 pounds,as long as she has that ratio,or smaller,she is good to go,and considered beautiful across all races.

Why is the media so anti-hips?

So the question I have,is why when a woman has large hips,she is considered fat?
Hips are bones....
Hey tbh I don't like women with very large hips (sorry if black women HAPPEN to fit that shape, it's just not a shape I desire) yet I want to know she's a woman as well...okay no, sorry, i won't say that in case it offends naturally narrow-hipped women. But yeah, I find it odd that the 'ideal woman' is not the TYPICAL woman, is more the point I'm trying to get across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,230,193 times
Reputation: 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Hey tbh I don't like women with very large hips (sorry if black women HAPPEN to fit that shape, it's just not a shape I desire) yet I want to know she's a woman as well...okay no, sorry, i won't say that in case it offends naturally narrow-hipped women. But yeah, I find it odd that the 'ideal woman' is not the TYPICAL woman, is more the point I'm trying to get across.
Ok,now you do sound silly.
Since when is a small waist and large hips a characteristic of one race?
Is a body type...simple as that.

Also,what is they typical woman then?
You are kind of contradicting yourself. At first,you say you don't like women wtth 12 year old bodies with large boobs and thin,yet you say you don't like large hips?
I thought large hips was a characteristic of the typical woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,230,193 times
Reputation: 7486
I really don't think people realize this,but models come in different shapes.
Also,if most models are banana shaped,they represent a majority of women,because most women ARE banana,or straight shaped. 46% to be exact.

Body shape and size are different things.
So in theory,most women and models have one thing in common,and that is they are the same shape.
All these women who don't like models for whatvever reason don't realize if they lost weight they would be the same shape.

Rebecca Romjin is an hourglass,and so is Candace Swaponel(wrong spelling sorry). I can't think of a pear shaped model now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
 
Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,826,611 times
Reputation: 8038
I really don't understand this thread. There is no male ideal in favor of big 'uns with slim, boyish hips - I've never heard a guy go "wow" at someone like that. Guys really don't like hips like that, but there's nothing to be done about changing it, and the girl usually finds a boyfriend based on other characteristics.

I think the mistake may be in what models are like - they're very slim (but don't have large breasts). From what I've read, the reason they're so skinny is not some vague attempt to change women, but simply so that the model complements the clothes rather than distracting from them with sexiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Ok,now you do sound silly.
Since when is a small waist and large hips a characteristic of one race?
Is a body type...simple as that.

Also,what is they typical woman then?
You are kind of contradicting yourself. At first,you say you don't like women wtth 12 year old bodies with large boobs and thin,yet you say you don't like large hips?
I thought large hips was a characteristic of the typical woman?
Sorry I meant to say if some/many black women, but of course individuals of all races vary. I guess what I'm saying is I don't really dig the extremes too much. Large hips are seemingly more preferred (so the scientists tell us) but I've noticed right now they're not that fashionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top