U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,429,096 times

Advertisements

p.s. notice how her thighs are not concave:

Google Image Result for http://25.media.tumblr.com/fbdd45ad5392486b002c421abecfd22b/tumblr_mgv2dro9VW1qcqxy5o1_1280.jpg

She is just tiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have big boobs and porportionate hips with a small waist. The typical hour glass figure. 36-24-36. Women would kill for my figure. I'm very lucky and I maintain it well. Thanks mom and dad!!! (except I bought my girls)

Or they could just go workout and buy some too.

Why all the violence?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,159,772 times
No, I think only the truly anorexic would. I still think's anorexic. Looks shockingly thin to me.

Well males have naturally lower BMI's than females, so one has to remember that. Although males can get anorexia too and be dangerously underweight. The modelling industry, at least, promotes a healthier ideal for men. Typical natural women (not even average) would look like 'plus size models' on a catwalk.

That other pic of Marina looks fine...maybe she's put on weight since then, I don't know. The idea of wanting to fit into clothes for a 7 year old is just weird as well...btw how can that be, I mean your shoulders, hips, frame in general has changed a lot since you were a 7 year old so clothes for a young child should be too small for you anyway...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 AM

946 posts, read 789,920 times
Furthermore, she is a recent fad celebrity but someone that comes to mind rather quickly as what I consider stunningly beautiful.

Not starved, toned, athletic looking, healthy, drop-dead gorgeous.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No, I think only the truly anorexic would. I still think's anorexic. Looks shockingly thin to me.

Well males have naturally lower BMI's than females, so one has to remember that. Although males can get anorexia too and be dangerously underweight. The modelling industry, at least, promotes a healthier ideal for men. Typical natural women (not even average) would look like 'plus size models' on a catwalk.

That other pic of Marina looks fine...maybe she's put on weight since then, I don't know. The idea of wanting to fit into clothes for a 7 year old is just weird as well...btw how can that be, I mean your shoulders, hips, frame in general has changed a lot since you were a 7 year old so clothes for a young child should be too small for you anyway...
No what? An anorexic would what?
You can't say the person is anorexic unless you are there making a clinical diagnosis with all her stats and habits. She looks unhealthy but without stats I can't say what she is. You could say she appears underweight but to attach a mental illness diagnosis to it is spreading misinformation. I could see that level of thin going to marina's shape/health if she ate right. Maybe she has jet lag and hasn't slept for days. Who knows. Thats all I am saying. When you are a skinny thing you have to take care of yourself or you will look like a mess really fast. Its easier to get dehydrated. Its easier to drop a few too many when you are borderline like that. Like I said: I would not hire her and I think she need a nutritionist.
Not going to call her anorexic though as I don't know her stats/life.

BMI has nothing to do with it. I am talking about body fat. Men do have a naturally lower need for fat BUT if you looked at the link in wiki about bodyfat, it still is the same classification level of lean that gives the look of definition. The woman just has the higher body fat percentage requirements. Men's or women's body fat has to usually be in the same level of classification, despite having different body fat levels, to create the same look.

Modeling industry for men is just as strict. Don't know where you have that info from.
Shockingly thin male model on catwalk at YSL reignites 'manorexia' debate | Mail Online

"The average height for male models is between 5'11" and 6'2". As per your weight, it must be within the range of 140 to 165 pounds."
Source:: http://www.askmen.com/money/how_to_2...#ixzz2J0Hk39q3
Thats pretty thin for a guy that is in shape. Dang thin.

I didn't wear that size (0) when I was 7. I was in kids clothing.
Didn't fit in adult sizes till about 13 and then I just started growing vertically.
Just returned to my old 18 year old size after gaining.

I can't fit into little girl shirts as the shoulders/bust are WAY too tight.
Womens are way too big and the neck swims.
Juniors all look like "boob shirts" which I hate.
Boys fit best because the shoulders/chest are bigger.
(clearance shopping for cheap tshirts made me find this out..lol)
I can fit in some girls size 16s. They are the same as a zero but tend to have longer legs.
^^^this is also why I think size obsession is stupid.
I don't even look at tags anymore. I just look at the item.

They just used that blurb about 7 year olds to make it dramatic.
Typical women are shorter. Of course they are going to look thicker.
You also are forgetting the design rule to thin anything out...make it tall, strait.
It will add to the illusion of thin.
So what if typical women looked like plus size models.
They are typical women. Not models.

Typical men look like flaccid sacks of fat compared to pro-athletes and male models.

If you look at the two basic types of narcissistic pleasure for the ego there is physical and cerebral environmental validation.
Men are more appreciated for cerebral over physical by women and the world at large.
That could explain the female drive to unhealthy levels as it is the opposite for the female gender.

Last edited by Opsimathia; 01-25-2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Furthermore, she is a recent fad celebrity but someone that comes to mind rather quickly as what I consider stunningly beautiful.

Not starved, toned, athletic looking, healthy, drop-dead gorgeous.

And she probably has equal or lower body fat than the super thin model. She just has a nice well fed muscle base for the fat to lay over. Super pretty. I agree. Nice abs without being too cut.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Wide hips are a feminine secondary sexual characteristic, science recognizes that, but I'm not sure overly or disproportionately-wide hips are 'supposed' to be attractive. Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian? I don't really see the appeal, nor understand the hype.

Just the same, actual 'narrow hips' are a masculine secondary sexual characteristic.

Trimac20- you should link to pictures of women with who you believe have narrow hips and who illustrate what you believe is widely considered attractive.
So,you don't like big hips,nor big boobs.
You like a proportionate woman. Name a celeb who has the type of figure you are looking for.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,you don't like big hips,nor big boobs.
You like a proportionate woman. Name a celeb who has the type of figure you are looking for.

I posted a picture of a new celebrity (Katherine Webb) that blows all those women away by miles you named JerseyGirl.

She is proportionate, healthier looking and will age much better than the curved out ones you named. Those girls are flashes in the pan, will be divorced (or have been already) multiple times when their husbands trade up for a new, younger girl and they will be old, haggard, cellulite riddled divas that I feel no pity for.

One of my other favorite girls in Hollywood I would take in a heartbeat over those women you mentioned is Anne Hathaway (yum)

Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times
Not me. I want to look like a real woman who is in great shape, and ALL natural. Healthy and fit is very sexy, I think, no matter what age we're discussing.

Not a man's lustful fantasy of what a woman should look like.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Not me. I want to look like a real woman who is in great shape, and ALL natural. Healthy and fit is very sexy, I think, no matter what age we're discussing.

Not a man's lustful fantasy of what a woman should look like.

I agree, the other angle to this is since we live in a lazy society it is much easier to be "curvy" or "busty" (overweight) due to lack of exercise and eating right, stuff your giant butt and boobs into provocative clothing and claim you are real woman and degenerate those who actually are fit and sexy for not being this way. Repulsive to me, desired by some.

Fit and sexy is the lustful fantasy and reality of mine, always has and always will be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or