Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,780,952 times

Advertisements

This thread is funny.

It really is sad,because most people don't seem to know the difference between fat,obese,fit,and skinny.

Kim k. Isn't fat,she is at her ideal weight.
So is Beyonce.
The difference? The way the fat is distributed on them vs the average woman.
Kim k has cellulite,and is within her ideal weight,so?
Cellulite has nothing to do with weight. You can be 400 pounds with no cellulite,and 100 pounds with cellulite. All it means is that is where your body stores fat at.

Also,you CAN be toned AND obese.
Tara Lynn,a plus sized model,is an example.
Also Fluvia Lucerda.

You can be skinny and not toned at all.
One of the tbloids had Kate Uptons legs on there,and they were riddled wtih cellulite.

While Kate Upton doesn't have a 12 year old body,she also has the skinny with boobs look going on. Plus,she isn't proportionate

The celeb with the best body to me is Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,764,496 times
This thread is BS for several reasons. First, there's the absurdly offensive, sexist language which I've already pointed out (to which the OP gave a Cartman style response of "Whateva, whateva, I do what I want!").

Second, it describes multiple shapes and sizes as if they were all identical. Narrow hips is not equal to thin is not equal to lanky is not equal to toned so why are you talking like all of these features are interchangeable?

Third, it makes bizarre assertions and implications with zero evidence to back it up. That these described traits are lauded by the media and often imitated by the average gal and that they are generally viewed as unattractive and undesirable by men.

Here's the body I would guess the OP had in mind: Victoria Beckham. She's tanned, bleached, has a bad boob job, and is thinner than really suits her frame. But boyish? No, not really. Her hips are an average width and she has a nicely defined waist.

Here's an example of narrow hips and large breasts: bikini model, and another bathing suit model.

Oh, and this one, too.

All have narrow hips and large breasts, though I wouldn't say any of them look like 12 year olds (though kids are going through puberty earlier and earlier these days) and even if they aren't your cup of tea, I still think they're all attractive and I could totally understand why a woman would aspire to that figure.

Oh, and here's one of those "hairless birds" the OP referenced: 12 year old girl?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,622,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know some black and latino women especially embrace the more busty, womanly figure, but it seems the majority of white and asian women want to have skinny legs, skinny or slightly toned arms, and even narrow hips, with the only concession to curviness is perhaps boobs: but to have this figure and main a large bosom one needs enhancements, unless one is 'blessed' as they say. Of course a toned, slim and tucked tummy is still the ideal, and a slim waist. Narrow shoulders and a bony, weak looking upper body is also the order of the day.

I see not only models but women with this body type being held up as the ideal. Women who are talk and lanky, for instance, are often seen as sexy or beautiful. Decades ago they would've been considered unattractive. It seems the ideal shape in the 90s was more curvy/more womanly. A lot of the Miss Universe contestants look like skinny hairless birds in the swimsuit comp, although they are sexy, I think I prefer a bit more flesh on there, although if it's your natural body shape you can't help it.
It could be the unconscious desire , when they are unmarried, to stay as attractive as possible to attract a mate. There is also the side benefit that sex with slimmer women is a bit easier to ensure reproduction in the marriage since not all men are hung like horses to span the distance.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM

102,086 posts, read 107,144,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
for any man especially to say they prefer overweight women to an athletic build is lying or weird.
The term "athletic build" when applied to women often is a euphemism for thin and flat-chested. There are a lot of men to don't like that.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,283,175 times
IMO, large breasts always make women look heavier and thicker from a profile standpoint. I always try to diminish the size of my breasts rather than enhance them, because I'm fairly petite and they can tend to make me look on average 10lbs heavier if I wear a push up bra with additional padding.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,165,260 times
Quote:
a beautiful body is one that is not fat or curvy, of course there are some exception but for any man especially to say they prefer overweight women to an athletic build is lying or weird.
Weren't you complaining in the makeup thread that Michelle Obama's shoulders looked to manly (athletic build)?

Women can't win.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,557,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The term "athletic build" when applied to women often is a euphemism for thin and flat-chested. There are a lot of men to don't like that.
Fit, toned, healthy etc are all just euphemisms for thin. I wish they would just come out and say it. If you like thin women, that's fabulous! It's when they start bashing women who don't fit their ideals that I get irritated. Thin does not always equal healthy and fat does not always equal unhealthy.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,419,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Examples, please.
Watch-TV. Or-better-yet,-live-life.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM

102,086 posts, read 107,144,259 times
Quote:
This is utter ignorance, I would take the body of a gymnast, track athlete, runner, natural slim/athletic over some hog that has cellulite in her late teens or 20s.
A lot of guys disagree with this. The body of a gymnast or runner tends to look wiry or underdeveloped. Most Olympic gymnasts have the body of a 12-year-old, and a lot of men don't find that attractive. Your preference is outside the norm. Most men find a curvaceous figure, and hourglass figure, to be attractive.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM

855 posts, read 1,380,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know some black and latino women especially embrace the more busty, womanly figure, but it seems the majority of white and asian women want to have skinny legs, skinny or slightly toned arms, and even narrow hips, with the only concession to curviness is perhaps boobs: but to have this figure and main a large bosom one needs enhancements, unless one is 'blessed' as they say. Of course a toned, slim and tucked tummy is still the ideal, and a slim waist. Narrow shoulders and a bony, weak looking upper body is also the order of the day.

I see not only models but women with this body type being held up as the ideal. Women who are talk and lanky, for instance, are often seen as sexy or beautiful. Decades ago they would've been considered unattractive. It seems the ideal shape in the 90s was more curvy/more womanly. A lot of the Miss Universe contestants look like skinny hairless birds in the swimsuit comp, although they are sexy, I think I prefer a bit more flesh on there, although if it's your natural body shape you can't help it.
I don't see women aspiring to have the bodies of 12 year old little girls. Pubescent and underaged is not my cup of tea so I don't know who's flooding the minds of the women you are talking about. I would certainly hope that women don't aspire to have the bodies of a late pre-teen with big boobs. Some of the women I worked with have told me they wished they kept the body they had when they were 19 to 21, but not a middle-school body. Besides, very few pre-teen/early teenaged girls have anything more than a D cup. The average teenaged bust size has increased through the generations and many women are still wearing the wrong size bra and are bigger than they actually are. Another thing, 12 year old girls don't have much hips or curves either.

I knew two girls in highschool who I'd consider "blessed" according to you. One girl was a DD and the other girl was filling GG cups at 16. Very big boobs for that age.

FYI, I love women with curves! Cleavage is a beautiful thing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty