Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:39 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times

Advertisements

I am proud, but Fort Ed and Hudson Falls are considered ghetto up here. Not by me personally, we moved here for the rural solitude. We were Fairfield county Connecticut refugees. Visiting and living here are waaay different. I only meant scary fashion wise. It is lovely up here, and we depend on you downstaters for our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Visiting and living here are waaay different. I only meant scary fashion wise. It is lovely up here, and we depend on you downstaters for our economy.
Spot on. It may be beautiful in the summer, but winters seem lethal. I think winters down here are too cold. Those winters would kill me . If I ever need to settle down somewhere for comfort and quietness, it will be in a warm and sunny location where I can wear T-shirts 10 months a year.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
No problem to wear jeans and shorts and Tee's- flip flops and hoodies, its is all about the WHERE n WHEN. That is the main difference

Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,035 times
Quote:
But in upstate cities, its not a whole lot different from what we wear in the suburbs of NYC. I have been there several times, and am just narrating my experiences. Since the posters location says Upstate NY, how am I supposed to know if she lives in Potsdam or Syracuse.
Of course cities in the north east part of the US and north west part of the US are the most dress down than the southern US states or south west US states.It is because of weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
From S-FL to Tampa the dress went completely down hill, I was in shock. no nails, no haircut, no makeup, no jewerly, no nice clothes - pjs pants- reg jeans, torn jeans and Tshirts galore and shorty shorts like they all going to the gym. and worse NO shoes!!!
tinytrump It is funny you brought up Florida.You where in Tampa? Tampa probably the most dress up casual city in Florida after Miami beach and down town Miami.May be you where in Pinellas County or Pasco County.If you see some one in sloppy t-shirt , no haircut ,reg jeans, torn jeans ,bad shorts or baggy clothes they not from Tampa.

You must of gone to Florida in the winter? It is way too hot to wear pajama pants ,sweatpants or jogging pants in Florida.I gets well over 100 degrees.

Here is vibe I got been to some cities in Florida.

The Miami beach and down town Miami most people dress up , most people dress and act that they are rich.The Miami suburbs dress more casual more casual than Tampa.The city of Orlando dress more casual than Miami suburbs.

So in order go like this.
-Miami beach and down town Miami
-Tampa
-Miami suburbs
-Orlando tie with Palm Beach
-Jacksonville

Old 02-04-2021, 07:48 PM

42 posts, read 50,877 times
Default Jacksonville Here

Men:Flip Flops and bathing suit shorts for men when the temp.is 42 degrees outside
Women: Yoga Pants,( think on sale at Walmart):smack with designs from hell
Beards and full arm tattoos as far as the eye can see
Me? I stick with clean shaven, no ink and the Gap.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:53 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Miami (where I'm from) is fun. Denver where I'm currently at-boring!!

Old 02-09-2021, 06:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
South Florida is all designer labels, boob jobs, and BBL.

Seriously, even the mannequins here are stacked.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:39 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
SW Florida is all about yoga pants or leggings, ripped jeans, shorts, flip flops and sneakers. Even at one of our nicest restaurants there were people there with cargo shorts & flip flops. Now if we are having a cold day you may see those some people with a jacket & flip flops or shorts and a pair of Uggs. It's a designer wasteland here in Lee County.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:51 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Vermont: We don't really do 'fashion' here. LOL. We hardly have anywhere to shop!!

Winter: Flannel, coats, hats, gloves, boots, and of course, the ubiquitous masks.

Summer: Shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, flip flops, crocs, sneakers, and for the outdoorsy crowd, hiking boots, technical pants and shirts, and backpacks. We also do wear yoga pants alot around here year-round.

Many women wear their hair very short, let it go gray when they stop working (I'm not judging) and wear no make-up at all.

EVERYONE has tattoos. ugh. And alot of people look downright sloppy

Old 02-14-2021, 06:52 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
South Florida is all designer labels, boob jobs, and BBL.

Seriously, even the mannequins here are stacked.
What is BBL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty