U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,582,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Here in the small town I live in its really casual, I see a lot of t-shirts and jeans or sweatpants.

The youth have like 4 different types, skater, gangster or churchy, mostly churchy. By churchy I mean polos, gelled hair, shirts tucked in etc, think duggar children.

I get stared everywhere I go. Usually I'm in a tank top and shorts or tank top and leggings.
I don't dress like anyone else really. My style is very very mid-west, trendy, edgy, etc.
Are you girl? You live in Midwest ? This town is in the Midwest? If you live in the Midwest and this town is in the Midwest I can see why that would be the case.

Also what do you mean by churchy? Normally people get all done up to go to church if that what you mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,405,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
Are you girl? You live in Midwest ? This town is in the Midwest? If you live in the Midwest and this town is in the Midwest I can see why that would be the case.

Also what do you mean by churchy? Normally people get all done up to go to church if that what you mean.
No the south.
I fit in in the Midwest.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,424,241 times
Pacific Northwest: Jeans, t-shirts, turtlenecks, fleece vests, casual shoes. (No flannel shirts, though!) I do have some really pretty tops and some non-jeans pants which I should wear more often, but I work from home so no one sees me most days. I do a lot of outdoorsy things, hiking, photography, beachcombing, etc. so this way of dressing suits me perfectly.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,405,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post

I guess duggar like, polos tucked in, belts, hair combed and gelled to the max.
You know like the duggar boys, that's the common theme around here.

I'm used to guys in cargo shorts, flip flops and various shirts.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 PM

171 posts, read 354,765 times
New Jersey. You'd expect more guidos than there actually are.

For this time of year, a lot of sundresses on women. Both sexes wear jeans. Designer jeans. Few adults wear hoodies or sneakers. I'd say that where I live (and this isn't necessarily all of NJ, but my town) the look is fairly mature, if you understand what I mean. Not necessarily old-looking, but mature.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,323,208 times
Northern Indiana here.
Lots of North Face and Hollister or leggings as pants.
Teenage boys wearing skinny jeans.
Adults wear mom jeans with Clark's clogs or Notre Dame gear with white New Balance shoes.
Lots of Victoria Secret clothing worn by moms and teens.
And of course the occasional pajamas and hooded-sweatshirt look.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:35 PM

26,920 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
No the south.
I fit in in the Midwest.
I don't know, the Midwest and the south are pretty similar. Maybe a little less religious in the way that for southern churches define your community and social circle. Many of you issues are small town problems and would be resolved in living in a bigger metro area. Most would qualify all over the country.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:43 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,582,613 times
I have noticed that Los Angeles despite Hollywood myth and same with city of Phoenix does not have that ghetto look? The baggy clothing , low pants , long big oversize t-shirt ,baggy pants , do-rag ,big shorts , baggy sweatshirt so on.

I know this look is big in New Orleans , Atlanta , Jacksonville and Philadelphia.

Gangs , criminals , wannabee thugs and drug dealers in Los Angeles and Phoenix don't dress in baggy clothing.Like you get in New Orleans , Atlanta , Jacksonville and Philadelphia.

Quote:
No the south.
I fit in in the Midwest.
Yes people in south do seem to dress up a bit more with the exception of Florida.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM

321 posts, read 503,288 times
I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I think the fashion scene in Melbourne pales in comparison to the fashion scenes of NYC, Paris, London, Tokyo etc. but I think we're a pretty fashionable city overall. The hipster/metrosexual look is very in for guys at the moment (lots of chinos and button-up shirts here), and a lot of girls (in the city) tend to gravitate towards neutral coloured skinny jeans, long overcoats, blouses etc. We all wear a lot of black. That's in the city though, the fashion sense of people gets worse the further out of the city you go.

I live in a suburb around half an hour from the city, and while nobody is too badly dressed here; you do get your whole baggy sweatpants/leggings as pants and Uggs attire, and more people tend to gravitate towards the short and tight look here. A lot of teenage boys in my suburb try to dress really "swag" complete with varsity jackets and baseball caps though, which is hideous. But like I said, I don't think my suburb dresses too badly.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,712 times
Hey I am a fashion designer and i design.
borong tudung
shawl hijab
hijab tudung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty