U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,318 posts, read 4,849,780 times
Reputation: 3766

Advertisements

So I was online looking for a nice pair of new dress shoes. And I found these babies

Time Cap-Sole Oxford - View all Men's Shoes - Kenneth Cole


Looks nice, but as you can see they only come as big as a size 11. Anyway, I wear size 14. I can go to Men's Wearhouse, and sometimes get lucky and get nice shoes. However they're mid grade shoes at best, and nothing like the shoes on this link. Can anyone suggest a sit for bigger men like me (with bigger feet) where I can purchase shoes of this quality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:33 AM
 
Location: rain city
2,956 posts, read 11,063,723 times
Reputation: 4865
Nordstom's is famous for carrying a huge range of shoes sizes.

Look in here:
Men's Dress Shoes | Nordstrom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:56 AM
 
6,062 posts, read 6,557,593 times
Reputation: 8390
Massey's Shoes -- long known for specializing in large sizes....all selections are brand names ...all styles......casual to dress.

- masseys.com

you can search by men -- then size -- then style.....even color

My GO TO source for large sizes (men and women) I had a 16 year old nephew who wore a 16!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM
 
1,911 posts, read 3,157,342 times
Reputation: 1301
Does Zappos carry large sizes? That could be an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
 
1,964 posts, read 4,439,663 times
Reputation: 1616
Allen Edmonds is your friend: Shoes, Clothing, and More | Zappos.com

Their Park Avenue oxfords in black are pretty much the standard for that Fortune500 executive look. That patent leather Kenneth Cole you linked is pretty much limited to black tie tuxedo events, unless you're a rocker or Hollywood wannabe actor lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,658 posts, read 7,478,569 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So I was online looking for a nice pair of new dress shoes. And I found these babies

Time Cap-Sole Oxford - View all Men's Shoes - Kenneth Cole


Looks nice, but as you can see they only come as big as a size 11. Anyway, I wear size 14. I can go to Men's Wearhouse, and sometimes get lucky and get nice shoes. However they're mid grade shoes at best, and nothing like the shoes on this link. Can anyone suggest a sit for bigger men like me (with bigger feet) where I can purchase shoes of this quality?

Dude, the fact that they only list a size up to 11 in that shoe ONLY means that they don't have bigger sizes currently in stock - not that Kenneth Cole doesn't make shoes bigger than size 11.

I wear size 13 and I have no trouble finding dress shoes from all makers. If you're looking for something nice, I would suggest Cole Haan, Johnston and Murphy or Allen Edmonds. Look for something with real leather soles, that way you can have them resoled down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,836,068 times
Reputation: 38839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Dude, the fact that they only list a size up to 11 in that shoe ONLY means that they don't have bigger sizes currently in stock - not that Kenneth Cole doesn't make shoes bigger than size 11.

I wear size 13 and I have no trouble finding dress shoes from all makers. If you're looking for something nice, I would suggest Cole Haan, Johnston and Murphy or Allen Edmonds. Look for something with real leather soles, that way you can have them resoled down the road.
My husband finds his size 14 shoes just fine. Even my son does well in most stores, and he is a size 15.
It is easier to find larger sizes now than 5 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,318 posts, read 4,849,780 times
Reputation: 3766
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Nordstom's is famous for carrying a huge range of shoes sizes.

Look in here:
Men's Dress Shoes | Nordstrom

I just looked at this, and THANKS. I see some nice quality shoes on this site. You location says rain city? Are you in Seattle? Do they have Nordstroms in the Seattle area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
 
12,787 posts, read 12,150,774 times
Reputation: 17503
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Nordstom's is famous for carrying a huge range of shoes sizes.

Look in here:
Men's Dress Shoes | Nordstrom
I agree with this; I wear size 14 and buy all of my dress shoes there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,521 posts, read 33,494,929 times
Reputation: 15259
My bf has size 15 EE feet! We just got him two pairs of dress shoes. One pair is by Rockport and the other is by Dunham which is a division of New Balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top