U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 11:04 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,172,194 times

Advertisements

I love CYO & Revlon Photoready.
I've also accepted the fact there isn't one foundation/BBC that will match my skin tone/undertone.

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 03:19 PM

122 posts, read 68,705 times
I like Smashbox BBC and Laura Mercier.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:39 PM

705 posts, read 2,716,419 times
Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 17, blends nicely. I have normal to dry skin now that I'm older and this is the one that really works for me now. It's $45.00

Old 11-15-2018, 05:42 PM

721 posts, read 688,892 times
I've been using Bare Minerals powder foundation for years. I love it because it's light but buildable. The finish is natural. I used it with their all over face powder in Faux Tan and I find it gives me a rich, warm look which I'm loving right now.
Bare Minerals has a ton of shades so you may find one that matches your skin tone.

I just started using their tinted moisturizer. I like it; however, I find it works better with my matte primer. If I don't use a primer or use my glow primer that is oil-based, it's melted off by mid-day.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:52 AM

2,529 posts, read 2,235,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I used that for quite a lot of yrs. I'd have to mix 2 colors back when they had the Double Matte foundation too, but now that they have more shades, I won't have to if I use them again.

Ditto. I used to have to blend it but not anymore. They'll generally give you a 7-10 day free sample to try also.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:25 PM

72 posts, read 23,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
I have been using Mary Kay for years!! I really like the foundation and am very happy with how long it lasts. My skin is very sensitive...like if I scratch my arm I will have a huge red mark for at least 30 minutes to an hour. So finding a good foundation has never been one task I've looked forward to. I like MK but my friend who sold it moved away. I know I could probably find a local dealer as well but I usually buy it on Ebay, 3 at a time, just because I can find it cheaper.

Any ideas on other good foundations I could try? We do have an Ulta by us and I've wanted to go in there but am terrified to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to foundation.

HELP!
My go to foundations are usually from Nars, Estee Lauder, and Lancome. All are ideal for sensitive skin.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 PM

2,894 posts, read 1,619,233 times
Default Tinted Moisturizer

I use one by Laura Mercier and like it and wear it every day like a moisturizer if I am going out. But lately it doesn't seem to be doing much for my aging skin. I also bought their primer (glowy) and were it under the moisturizer for evenings. It is good but too much for day time.

Do you use one everyday and like it? Do you wear a primer with it? Do you like the coverage?

Old 02-26-2019, 10:31 PM

38,605 posts, read 19,730,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
I have been using Mary Kay for years!! I really like the foundation and am very happy with how long it lasts. My skin is very sensitive...like if I scratch my arm I will have a huge red mark for at least 30 minutes to an hour. So finding a good foundation has never been one task I've looked forward to. I like MK but my friend who sold it moved away. I know I could probably find a local dealer as well but I usually buy it on Ebay, 3 at a time, just because I can find it cheaper.

Any ideas on other good foundations I could try? We do have an Ulta by us and I've wanted to go in there but am terrified to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to foundation.

HELP!
I have been using a moisturizing foundation but recently I've been using Dr Jart Cicapair tiger grass color corrector and love it. It is green but when you put it on it reduces redness and turns into a beige. It's also a treatment. It's said that when a tiger is wounded it rolls into the plant that this is made of, Cicapair and that's why it's also named tiger grass.

I started going without foundation now and my skin looks so much better and natural.

malleries.com Dr Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM

14,925 posts, read 12,049,216 times
GOSH CC foundation.. water based, paraben and perfume free , I mix a little with some moisturiser and gives a light tint and no heaviness or skin reactions..

Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 AM
miu

16,951 posts, read 34,072,080 times
Since my earlier post from 2007(!), I've stopped using foundation and instead use a dab or two of concealer where I need it. Everyone's face has different skin tones. And for a more natural look, IMO it's best to let the world see your facial skin, and instead minimize ones natural flaws.

Men don't have to worry about foundation. And it looks odd to see women where their entire face is covered with one evenly applied shade of foundation with accents of eye makeup and blush contours. Let your skin breathe!!! And save a ton of money not buying so much makeup products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty