U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times

Advertisements

Nope. I love Hubby with all my heart but he does not need me to deface myself with tattoos/piercings to prove it to him....

Imagine when the Love of your life turns out to be the Rat of the century and you have his/her name nicely inked all over your face or prominent part of your anatomy... Indeed anywhere seems to be a bad idea. How many people would love to get down and funky and find out the object of their desire has somebody else's name tatooed over their butts, genitals, breasts etc ?!?!....

Tatoos and piercings are not for me anyway but names are just plain silly IMO. Whatever floats your boat I suppose...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM

184 posts, read 584,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
You MUST be in the same age group.
ageist much?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM

9,745 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Nope. I love Hubby with all my heart but he does not need me to deface myself with tattoos/piercings to prove it to him....

Imagine when the Love of your life turns out to be the Rat of the century and you have his/her name nicely inked all over your face or prominent part of your anatomy... Indeed anywhere seems to be a bad idea. How many people would love to get down and funky and find out the object of their desire has somebody else's name tatooed over their butts, genitals, breasts etc ?!?!....

Tatoos and piercings are not for me anyway but names are just plain silly IMO. Whatever floats your boat I suppose...
Reminds me of this:

Pic: http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpre...pg?w=600&h=747

Source: http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com...st-circa-1944/

Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM

110 posts, read 176,429 times
No like fat a$$ Kim K. would say "would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley"

Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM

13,295 posts, read 12,343,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners View Post
But that Bentley would probably have a paint job, and not just primer, right?

Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM

220 posts, read 280,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners View Post
Aw, you beat me to it.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:18 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,084,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post

ageist much?
Ageist? Ok.

The fact is, people over the age of about 35 grew up seeing tattoos on bikers, sailors, and criminals.

That's it.

Women who engraved their bodies were looked down on as dayshift hookers, of the skankiest type.

Just like young people today who laugh at older folks who can't work iphones (ageist much?) it's all about what was normal and acceptable in the decade you came to age in.

It will swing around, I warn you now. Those who rushed out and got a Pammy Anderson type barb wire tattoo, are ALREADY out of date, and look kinda silly. Those who rushed out and got celtic tattoos, ditto. Children of the 90s.

Now we have stupid sayings and chinese characters. In 30 years time the wearers of these will be written off as "silly old fools" by the new batch of young'uns who probably wouldn't DREAM of tattoing themselves.

Getting a tattoo is like getting a pair of shoes that you will have to wear for the rest of your life. You can never ever take the shoes off, even though they are wildly unfashionable, irrelevant, worn, ragged, scuffed.

Getting a tattoo is the equivalent of having to wear Crocs for the rest of your life, no matter how much fashion and tastes change.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM

393 posts, read 641,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
And here is Price Charming himself:
How do they make out? He's got more crap hanging from his mouth than my christmas tree

Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Ageist? Ok.

The fact is, people over the age of about 35 grew up seeing tattoos on bikers, sailors, and criminals.

That's it.

Women who engraved their bodies were looked down on as dayshift hookers, of the skankiest type.

Just like young people today who laugh at older folks who can't work iphones (ageist much?) it's all about what was normal and acceptable in the decade you came to age in.

It will swing around, I warn you now. Those who rushed out and got a Pammy Anderson type barb wire tattoo, are ALREADY out of date, and look kinda silly. Those who rushed out and got celtic tattoos, ditto. Children of the 90s.

Now we have stupid sayings and chinese characters. In 30 years time the wearers of these will be written off as "silly old fools" by the new batch of young'uns who probably wouldn't DREAM of tattoing themselves.

Getting a tattoo is like getting a pair of shoes that you will have to wear for the rest of your life. You can never ever take the shoes off, even though they are wildly unfashionable, irrelevant, worn, ragged, scuffed.

Getting a tattoo is the equivalent of having to wear Crocs for the rest of your life, no matter how much fashion and tastes change.
I received my first tattoo 11 years ago.

I still love it.

My forearm was done 6 years ago.

I still love it.

I plan on finishing up my sleeve and I daresay that I will continue loving the tattoos I have considering they were all custom and have nothing to do with what's 'popular'... for me, birds and flowers won't go out of style

If tattoos aren't your thing, that's fantastic, I would never ever want to force anyone to get one. I truly do love mine and really like having them, so cheers

Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM

868 posts, read 929,778 times
Tattoos are awesome. I wish I had the balls to get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty