U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,016 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I'm a 19 year old girl who have never wore makeup before. I've only wore it before during my graduation and prom and some important parties before. (my friends were the one who did my makeup in all these events)

My friends told me that if I don't start using skin care products, I would age faster.
Well, I've never used skin care products in my life. Everyday I just wash my face with water and that's it.

Would I really age faster? Do skins rejuvenate slower as I grow older? They said that the products help skin rejuvenate. I won't mind using it but I'm not sure if it works and I don't want to waste money on products that doesn't work.

Also, is it the same with my hands? Do I really need to exfoliate to remove dead skins before using lotions or the lotions would go to waste?

I'm really confused with all this and I've been a tomboy all my life

If you have experience or know something about this, please help me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
I'd suggest getting in the habit of applying a light daily moisturizer with SPF 15+ (I use oil of Olay, but there are tons of options) and maybe get an eye cream to put on at night.

How quickly your skin ages is determined by many factors like genetics, diet, environment, health, etc so it's impossible to say "You must do XYZ or you'll shrivel up and turn into a little old lady at 30." Just protect your skin, drink plenty of water, and pay attention to how it reacts to different products. And don't stress over it, worrying gives you wrinkles!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM

13 posts, read 44,932 times
Pretty much what UnexpectedError said: SPF, maybe a little anti-aging cream, and lots of water. I'd also add eating right since lots of junk food can make your skin sallow and fresh fruits and veggies have antioxidants that help protect against aging.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM

10 posts, read 16,721 times
you will age faster? I think most women who use makeup...especially excessively look more aged. There is a thing called beauty of youth. I know lots of girlfriends who didn't start wearing makeup till very late in life and look so youthful. I would look more at antioxidants than using makeup to keep your skin young. Unless you have some underlying skin problems. Oh, and minimizing exposure to sun really helps!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,444,029 times
My experience and opinion on lotions etc.: Use as needed. I look at least 10 years younger and only used anti-age stuff or moisturizer when my skin would be extra dry, need treatments from breakouts, or needed a mild home peel.

I never used spf. I just stayed pale by not baking. I only used concealer and powder for the most part.

Go for products that don't have parabens. Those are what age you in makeup products.

I would start with a cream concealer. (acts like an eye cream if you don't really need lotion there)
Set it with a powder. (i prefer mineral)
Tinted lip balm
Mascara

Its an easy 5 minute face and you won't look overdone.

Your diet and habits will also play into how you age. Eat healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty