U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 AM

1,378 posts, read 5,505,109 times

Advertisements

I use to work in cosmetics for several years and I have to say my most favorite lipsticks to work with were Christian Dior. The colors would just glide on! But geesh, Dior was so expensive, I don't know how people could afford it.

Let's see I worked for Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clarins, Origins, Borghesse(sp?) just to name a few......I did like the color from Lauder and Lancome too. Haven't used Mac yet, though I have always heard good things about their product. I think I have enough make-up to last me a life time so I can't see myself buying much more. Funny thing is, I don't nearly wear half as much as I use to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:14 AM

25,575 posts, read 23,807,857 times
I may have already answered this but for me, anything from the Dollar Store works just fine. There are some shades that I like but the 'Dollar' brand flakes, so thats where I turn to whatever may be on sale at Kmart for the shades that wont do that.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,044 times
Default Best Lipstick

Hi! I just joined. I see you are familiar with Chanel's Pink Caprice Lipstick. I actually have one! Do you recall when it was being offered? Thanks much, Kristie

Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 AM

9,213 posts, read 18,119,052 times
Although I wear almost exclusively Clinique products, I love this lip color I get in the drugstore (hate to admit it).

It's Maybelline Superstay. There is one side with the color, which actually "stains" your lips all day, and won't come off even when you eat & drink. Then the other side is the gloss that goes over the color. The gloss you might re-apply a few times, but the color stays all day. They say 16 hours, but Ive had it last longer, even after brushing my teeth.

The more expensive department-store lipsticks mentioned above may just "glide on" but they "glide off" just as easily.

Everyone I tell about this lipstick buys it and thanks me later.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,002,228 times
It depends on how much pigment you want. The most saturated color I've ever had is Besame' brand classic reds. They are amazing! The color is strong and lasts forever. It can tend to dry out the lips but a moisturizing foundation of lip balm helps alot and doesnt effect the pigment. It's about 20.00 a tube but the packaging is GORGEOUS.
Besame | Classic - Enchanting Lipstick (http://www.besamecosmetics.com/home/?page=enchanting_lipstick - broken link)

For sheer color or everyday glosses, I prefer Covergirl. I love the Wetslicks and Wetslicks Crystals since it goes on like a balm.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,258,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
I like Clinique, too. My favorite colors are Raspberry Glace' and A Different Grape.
I get so many lipsticks with EL's GWP I can' try much else. I like Clinique's lipsticks as well, though. Not impressed with Lancome. Don't recall buying MAC. Time to try!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,002,228 times
Oh, I forgot about Shiseido...they make wonderful color cosmetics.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 PM

617 posts, read 1,869,744 times
I like Stila and Vincent Longo.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:18 PM

5,077 posts, read 12,735,780 times
I recently tried a Rimmel lipstick. Loved the color and it was true as the color on the label. The stuff was cheap, it actually smells good (strange) but it does. The color lasts a pretty good long time, until I eat and wipe my mouth with a napkin. I'm going to buy more.
Speaking of MAX factor though, I recently tried their eyeliner and OH man, loved it and it stays on all day without doing that thing where it bleeds under your eyes. Really nice and good rich color.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:11 PM

114 posts, read 304,121 times
MAC's Hug Me and Myth are the best ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty