Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times

Advertisements

I like Mabelline Superstay. It's inexpensive (drugstore level, not department store level) and stays on all day. It's not a lipstick, but more of a stain. Then on the other end of the tube is a gloss/balm to finish it off. The gloss part wears off quickly, but I'm a frequent balm applier, so no big deal for me. But I like the stain part. The color stays there even after eating, and even after I brush my teeth after lunch (as long as I'm careful to not get toothpaste on my lips). When I scrub my face at night, I really have to scrub my lips to get the color off.

I've been using it since it came out (it used to have another name a few years ago). I hate the feeling of greasy lipstick, so the fact that this stain is dry is perfect for me. Then I just moisten with a gloss or balm. Note: on the Superstay, the gloss half gets used up much quicker than the color half, so be ready to supplement it with a moistening balm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Funny, my very favorite lipsticks are the cheap Wet & Wild, more for the color (pinks), but they actually stay on pretty well. On the other hand, I recently got an Estee Lauder one that doesn't last worth a darn. Last time I'll pay that kind of $ for a lipstick.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Is the "new" Colorstay you're talking about different from the old Colorstay? (It was a thin pencil kind of tube)- I HATED it, really, really dry.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Is the "new" Colorstay you're talking about different from the old Colorstay? (It was a thin pencil kind of tube)- I HATED it, really, really dry.
It's the newest one, not a pencil kind of tube, clear plastic top you can see thru w/a black bottom and the tube "clicks up" for the slanted edge. I think all the colors are named " ___suede". There was a big promotional display in CVS, so I fell for it and hate it big time. I'm about 14 miles from town one way, will take it back and give myself an excuse to go to the mall and pick up something else. Don't care for the sticky gel type glosses either. Threw out a few of those "trials" that I couldn't live without either a few months ago.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
These are the ones that I really like: Revlon ColorStay

I've tried the Maybelline lip stain and it stayed on for about half an hour. As soon as I drank an iced tea, it was gone.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
many years ago I used lipsticks from Revlon , Estee Lauder, Lancome , Clinique etc
these days I do not wear lipstick daily anymore so I have lipsticks from NYX and Jordana lots of nice colors , inexpensive ,
I buy these at Cherry Culture :: Shop Makeup, Skincare, Cosmetics and more

Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
It's the newest one, not a pencil kind of tube, clear plastic top you can see thru w/a black bottom and the tube "clicks up" for the slanted edge. I think all the colors are named " ___suede". There was a big promotional display in CVS, so I fell for it and hate it big time. I'm about 14 miles from town one way, will take it back and give myself an excuse to go to the mall and pick up something else. Don't care for the sticky gel type glosses either. Threw out a few of those "trials" that I couldn't live without either a few months ago.
Revlon doesn't need my $12. Gettin' my money back today was good. lol !

Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM

138 posts, read 232,319 times
Several people swear by Mac however, it does not stay on for me. Maybe I'm purchasing the wrong kind. Please tell me what color of Mac you like. Do you put lip gloss on over it?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Try djor lipstick that changes to the right shade for you.

I use to wear Cinque and Este Lauder lipstick and glosses when I was younger.

Now I love Avon's glazewear lipglosses.
I like Revlon colorburst lip butters too.
A chapstick with color is great in the burt's bee.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkbaby View Post
Several people swear by Mac however, it does not stay on for me. Maybe I'm purchasing the wrong kind. Please tell me what color of Mac you like. Do you put lip gloss on over it?
MAC Matte lipsticks have great staying power, also the Cremesheens. Lusters and Satins have the least staying power. So check the formula you are buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty