Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,704,632 times

Advertisements

I used to wear a size 9 or 9 1/2 Medium in shoes before I was pregnant with my daughter (15 years ago!). Pregnancy did a number on my body and my feet are now a whopping 11 WIDE. I can't find any decent shoes in my size and I'm getting beyond frustrated I cried even more when I had to give away over 100 pairs of awesome shoes that no longer fit! Some I had only worn maybe once or twice!

Does anyone know of any sites where I can find good shoes at a reasonable price??? I can no longer wear heels due to massive knee problems but I would like some good flats, some ankle boots, winter boots, and even sneakers. Also, I can't wear "man made materials" (they would have to be leather)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
Zappos and Amazon.com. You can put in the size you want, and only see those shoes available. Pick the ones you want, have them shipped to you for free, try them on, if you don't like them, free shipping returns as well.

Nordstrom rack also carries large size shoes.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
I've noticed that instead of going to a size 10, most shoe retailers (Target, Payless, the bargain bin places etc.) now carry shoes in 11. I can wear a 10, but I usually get an 11 so I can wear socks because my feet get super cold.

You should be able to get 11s nearly everywhere, but I'll echo jasper12 above me and say zappos and amazon.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,627,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Zappos and Amazon.com. You can put in the size you want, and only see those shoes available. Pick the ones you want, have them shipped to you for free, try them on, if you don't like them, free shipping returns as well.
Wife and I really like Zappo's for shoes. I like being able to order several pair in different sizes to find shoes that fit right. Send back (free shipping BOTH ways!) what you don't like (Promptly!!) and keep/pay for what you like. THAT is a good as it gets for shoes!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
I don't even bother to go "shopping" for shoes. I wear a size 12, narrow, in Nike and New Balance for the gym. I think Nike shoes run small, but...anyway, I need narrow shoes, A or B...and for some reason, many shoe places, if they have a 12, which few do, think that a size 12 shoe needs to be a EE width!!!

I wear size 11 in Cole Haan, and yet, some shoes just run small, my Sorel boots, I needed a size 12. Impossible to find in regular stores.

Hey, don't say I have big feet, I am 6 feet tall. Can't have size 8 shoes, and be 6'0".

Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM

136 posts, read 238,548 times
Another vote for Zappos. Also, try 6pm.com which is Zappos discount website. There are some good deals ; free shipping but not free returns.

You may like Clarks, Softt, NAturalizer, Lifestride brands.

Dillard's also has extended sizes and they appear to be of the comfort variety.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,368,735 times
My niece is 6.0 feet tall and wears an eleven.

I called her when I saw this thread. She says she goes to Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) which is located in most cities as well as online.

She told me to tell you that at least 90 % of their stock is offered in an eleven and that says alot since the stores are huge.

She told me the quality is moderate very high with discount pricing.

Here's their website; http://www.dsw.com/

Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed that instead of going to a size 10, most shoe retailers (Target, Payless, the bargain bin places etc.) now carry shoes in 11. I can wear a 10, but I usually get an 11 so I can wear socks because my feet get super cold.

You should be able to get 11s nearly everywhere, but I'll echo jasper12 above me and say zappos and amazon.

Not just 11 --- 11 WIDE. My daugther (who is the cause of all this!! LOL!) is 14 1/2 and also wears a size 11 (regular). I rarely have a problem getting shoes for her. I got her some great shoes, boots, and sneakers at Macys, Bloomingdales. Try asking for 11 Wide and it's either "sorry" or they lead you to one lonely pair of man-made, fugly shoes, that have a 3 inch layer of dust on them from sitting around so long

--------------------------

To the other posters: I'm going to check out Zappos, Amazon, etc! Thanks for the advice!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiShi View Post
Another vote for Zappos. Also, try 6pm.com which is Zappos discount website. There are some good deals ; free shipping but not free returns.

You may like Clarks, Softt, NAturalizer, Lifestride brands.

Dillard's also has extended sizes and they appear to be of the comfort variety.

I love Clarks! I was able to find a pair of nice shoes and a pair of sandals from them a while ago. I'll check them out again! Thanks for the reminder!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Not just 11 --- 11 WIDE. My daugther (who is the cause of all this!! LOL!) is 14 1/2 and also wears a size 11 (regular). I rarely have a problem getting shoes for her. I got her some great shoes, boots, and sneakers at Macys, Bloomingdales. Try asking for 11 Wide and it's either "sorry" or they lead you to one lonely pair of man-made, fugly shoes, that have a 3 inch layer of dust on them from sitting around so long

--------------------------

To the other posters: I'm going to check out Zappos, Amazon, etc! Thanks for the advice!
Payless had quiet a selection of 11W when I was in there last week looking for a cheap pair of flats.

Ended up buying a pair of 4" knee high boots and two pairs of flats though... I can't ever get out of there without buying a pair of heels or boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty