Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im 31 and still no sign of any wrinkles, not even surrounding the eyes (know people my age that have them) or in the forehead (some people my age also have them). At what age do i have to expect first winkles to appear and what was your experience with this?
Can i coast through the 30s without any wrinkle?
You may be lucky. My stepmom lived to be 91 and it was really only in the last five years of her life that she had wrinkles, and then they weren't really wrinkles but just folds of loose skin when she started losing weight. Wish I had her genes, but I don't.

I think the biggest thing is STAY OUT OF THE SUN. I grew up in the 70s when people smeared baby oil all over them and spent hour after hour in the sun. It was in to have a tan, the darker the better. I had to try hard for just a minimal tan.

Anyway, when I look at areas of my body that have never seen the sun (breasts, butt), the skin is completely smooth and unwrinkled. I know that is what ALL my skin would look like if I hadn't spent all those hours in the sun. If I could go back and do it over I would spend less time in the sun, but I still think there is nothing that feels better or is better for the soul than feeling the sun's rays on your skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
I am fifty one and though I still hardly have any wrinkles at all, I know that though I "look good for my age" I am not fooling myself - I look like a middle aged woman, albeit a healthy one!

My advice would be this - take care of your skin, don't try to cover up your age with a heavy slathering of makeup (that just makes things worse, trust me), and stay current with fashions and hair styles - and shoes. Don't fight aging - it beats the alternative! Embrace life and enjoy laughing - even though it does create wrinkles over time.

You can still be dynamic, vibrant and attractive - at any age.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:31 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
How do you absorb vitamin d while wearing sunblock? Do you keep your arms uncovered? Or do you take supplements?
Supplements and I also drink milk.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,018 times
Unless you are Asian, it is unrealistic to think you will get past your 30's with no wrinkles.
I'm white, and in my mid 30's, and I have some wrinkles around my eyes (crows feet) when I smile.
I never smoked, which really helps deter aging. But, also genetics play a huge role.
Some people I know really believe using good quality face lotions to help keep moisturized and prevent aging.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
50s. Good genetics (if you have any Mediterranean in your background, JACKPOT) I've seen younger women with more wrinkles than I have. I take care of myself so when I glance in the mirror, I feel okay about what is there. I don't worry about it, because EVERYONE is going to get one form or another, if they live long enough.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,171,679 times
I'm 59 and the only wrinkles I have are around my eyes when I smile, but those are from laughing with my son so much when I raised him, so I consider them "happy wrinkles." Much better than those sour-faced "frown lines" a lot of old ladies get!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
I went to the mall today at lunch and was "attacked" by people at this "Vine Vera" kiosk (I'm a man, age 45). This time I didn't get away, and the woman started putting crap on my face and going through this whole memorized routine about how this was a "facelift", blah, blah, blah. I stay out of the sun and am not wrinkeld up or anything, use moisturizer, etc. My face feels smoothe to me. So she would put the mirror in front of my face so I could see how amazing it was. I looked exactly the same to me. And she was going to "let me have the men's skin product package for only $200". I'm not stupid, so I got away from her. I looked them up online when I got back to work and found reviews of their product that basically says they're a scam, as I thought. If I'm going to spend $200, I'd get botox!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:31 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im 31 and still no sign of any wrinkles, not even surrounding the eyes (know people my age that have them) or in the forehead (some people my age also have them). At what age do i have to expect first winkles to appear and what was your experience with this?
Can i coast through the 30s without any wrinkle?
My mom is 65 and barely has anything. Just more prominent nasiolabial folds.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,993 times
I don't think it's true that you CAN'T look much younger than you actually are. If you have very good genes, and take good care of your skin, you can appear much younger than your age. I am carded for lotto tickets all the time and I don't think I'm delusional. I was lucky enough to have great genes, I've never smoked, I don't drink or tan. That all adds up.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:20 AM

17,612 posts, read 17,649,156 times
ways to delay wrinkles
1. no illegal drug use
2. dont abuse alcohol (no binge drinking and keep to about one or two drinks a day)
3. dont suntan-wear sunblock when out in the sun
4. dont smoke tobacco-it will break down the calogen in the skin and cause those verticle wrinkles around the mouth and the sagging jowls on the sides of the chin.
5. get plenty of sleep
6. wear little to no makeup. allow your skin to breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty