Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,499,932 times

Advertisements

lil fox - whiile I like your attitude - some women do "give up" on their looks but there are others that are just not into looks anymore and want to relax and enjoy not worry about what they look like - I find as I get older I think less about attractiveness and more about what is inside and what I am going to do with the time I have left, my children, helping others, being happy with what I am. While at the same time I try to look as nice as I can without overdoing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,621 times
It's due to hormones guys...having children is hard on a body and gravity always wins no matter what. When you get a little older you have to rely more on charm and conversation then teasing body language... that goes for both women and men.
I like how all the men say they've hardly aged a bit... delusions are God's little gift to you
(Just teasing)

Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 AM

4 posts, read 6,639 times
Men look better when they grow. Men in 30s and 40s look very good. But women have to manage to look good through cosmetics

Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM

353 posts, read 580,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
lil fox - while I like your attitude - some women do "give up" on their looks but there are others that are just not into looks anymore and want to relax and enjoy not worry about what they look like - I find as I get older I think less about attractiveness and more about what is inside and what I am going to do with the time I have left, my children, helping others, being happy with what I am. While at the same time I try to look as nice as I can without overdoing it.
True, you don't have to overdo it. I can agree with you on these things. I am more concerned about my 11 y.o. doing good in school and staying healthy. Healthy makes everything better, including the looks. Trust me, I don't sweat it as everyone assumes. I am loved with a messy hair and PJ look.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Gosh I didn't realize that 30s and 40s were old for women.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Gosh I didn't realize that 30s and 40s were old for women.
I guess it depends on who you're communicating with.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 AM

582 posts, read 1,118,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Assuming you don't drink or smoke and work out/have a great diet, you should be ok. However, if you tan and drink and eat crappy food, don't be surprised if your looks start to fade as a woman while your SO's don't. Then again, I have seen plenty of men that age terribly because they drink so much and don't take care of themselves as well.
Couldn't have said it better myself . When you take care of the inside it will show on the outside.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post

Assuming you don't drink or smoke and work out/have a great diet, you should be ok. However, if you tan and drink and eat crappy food, don't be surprised if your looks start to fade as a woman while your SO's don't. Then again, I have seen plenty of men that age terribly because they drink so much and don't take care of themselves as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself . When you take care of the inside it will show on the outside.

I don't know where I stand in the aging process, but based on the post bolded, I'm doomed. My diet has always been horrible, I tanned for a long time, I like my champagne & vodka and these days with 3 little ones, working out means lifting laundry baskets.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
I hear that girl Crystal will keep you looking young forever

Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I hear that girl Crystal will keep you looking young forever
Are you referring to Cristal? Or you referring to a chick that helps you get rid of your poison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty