Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,686,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thanks for the compliment! I don't get all ridiculous with the cloth - I just use it moderately. I don't like to tug or pull on my skin in any way so gentle is the best approach.

I would THINK that gentle exfoliation (like with a cloth) every day would be fine, but on dry skin I wouldn't even want to use a soap every day. But different things work on different faces.

One thing for sure that works well with dry skin is replenishing it with natural oils immediately after washing. I can't recommend almond oil and avocado oil strongly enough - they are GREAT emollients! And very soothing.

Almond oil was a savior when my skin was super dry and sensitive. Lotions stung. Almond oil = all good.
Oil cleansing is a really nice method for super dry skin. I had to do that do while my skin was repairing. Its still better than anything for taking makeup off. Try your almond oil (or olive) to remove makeup with a cotton ball sometime. Slather it on and let it soak for a bit and then it just swipes right off. No harsh makeup remover needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 06:48 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,686,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
As I said do the research....tons of articles about exfoliating to help dry skin...you do the work. If you have an unusual skin condition and cannot exfoliate or cleanse, then you are among a very small minority. Most of us wear make up and have to cleanse daily. I apply bug makeup to clean not dirty skin. Gently removing dead skin cells is an absolute must for me and every single woman I know over the age of 30.

Im over 30 but no one believes it when they look at me. I guess my unusual condition is that my skin is healthier than most people over 30? Love being a freak. LOVE IT.
Talking to almost graduated dermatologists is a good source of info. Maybe you should find one for your research?

BTW...your plagiarized info that you never posted a link for:

The Importance Of Skin Exfoliation

I found it on a lot of things. Just wanted to note:
"Here's The Bottom Line The goal with your skin is to exfoliate as much as possible, with minimal irritation. The skin likes little boosts but not on an everyday basis."

More of the same txt:

Caring for Winter Skin

selling product/services

Exfoliation???? What is that???? | oliviersoapswaterloo
"

How Often Should One Exfoliate?
Every three days or so, as your skin cells do need time to regenerate."

There you go. Now you have your research and links.

There were more postings of the same text without all the info. I have to wonder if the original writer knows their writing are being plagiarized all over the internet.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:52 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,174,465 times
Thanks for the great information regarding almond and avocado oil. I will have to give them a try!

Last edited by smpliving; 03-14-2013 at 07:14 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,006,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am fifty one. I use a good moisturizer and then just L'Oreal liquid foundation. If I'm going someplace special, or if for some reason I wake up and realize that I have dark circles under my eyes, I dab a little concealer under my eyes before putting on the light foundation. I set the foundation by patting on some light powder around my eyes and on my chin sometimes.

The foundation I use has sunscreen in it. So does the moisturizer now that I think of it.

Here's my "look." I live in Texas and some people say that we wear more makeup than most other people - I don't know. All I know is that I use light foundation, sometimes powder, a little bit of cream blush, lipgloss, dark eyeshadow as eyeliner (a smudgy look, not a line) and mascara.

I've found as I get older that heavy makeup isn't flattering but that the even skin tone that a light foundation and powder gives (as long as it's applied VERY lightly) works well. I think I could even forego the blush - it's really not even a blush, just a bronzer sort of stuff, and in the summer I can go without it because I work in my yard alot and even though I wear sunscreen I get a little color in my cheeks. Anyway, here's the result of my morning ritual:
You look beautiful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty