Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,175,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I wear one just because I'm supposed to, and ONLY when I have to...because it's the norrm when in public
I wear one to work and when I go out with friends, because I don't want to hear their mouth about why I'm not.
That's a big reason many women who hate them wear them anyway. I'm a large B/small C with very little sag, but their still big enough that they will move, and draw attention if I don't wear a bra, so I feel I have to wear one to work. It's just not culturally acceptable to have breasts that move freely, so only very small women can "get away" with not wearing a bra, and people will likely still give them crap if their nipples happen to show, I used to work with a girl who would wear band aids to hide them when she didn't feel like wearing a bra, it worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,119,726 times
If the main reason is to avoid the nipples being shown, why not just wear bandaids over them? That's what I heard women do if they're wearing a thin bikini top.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
If the main reason is to avoid the nipples being shown, why not just wear bandaids over them? That's what I heard women do if they're wearing a thin bikini top.
I just mentioned that above, that only works for very small breasted women. Women who are larger also have culturally unacceptable movement of the breasts.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,764,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yikes, adhesive bandages make me break out when I wear them on my regular skin, I can't imagine how that would go over on my areolas.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Yikes, adhesive bandages make me break out when I wear them on my regular skin, I can't imagine how that would go over on my areolas.
Eek! Not fun, they do make regular nipple covers now, they are in the bra section of many stores.

I actually have some that I use over my ankle bones to prevent soreness when I wear ice skates. The ones I use have some type of reusable adhesive that pulls off easily, and gets sticky again every time you wash them.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,764,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Eek! Not fun, they do make regular nipple covers now, they are in the bra section of many stores.

I actually have some that I use over my ankle bones to prevent soreness when I wear ice skates. The ones I use have some type of reusable adhesive that pulls off easily, and gets sticky again every time you wash them.
Oh, like sticky boobs? I've never worn them but they look nifty. Though my body has some weird reactions to sticky stuff. I had a round bandaid on my arm for a couple days after an injection and the area where the adhesive was (but not the actual bandage part) turned a lighter color and stayed that way for months.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Oh, like sticky boobs? I've never worn them but they look nifty. Though my body has some weird reactions to sticky stuff. I had a round bandaid on my arm for a couple days after an injection and the area where the adhesive was (but not the actual bandage part) turned a lighter color and stayed that way for months.
I'm not sure what they are made of, they look almost like a small round "cutlet," cup shaped, about a 2 1/2-3" circle, it's thicker in the center, and thins out so they fit over the top of the breast and cover the nipple area, or ankle bone in my case. I don't know what kind of adhesive they use, but it just sticks right on the skin, pulls right off, and then gets sticky again if washed with water.

It's not as hard of a stick as a bandaid, and somehow the stickiness keeps regenerating. My skin is quite sensitive, and they have never bothered me, but you never know what someone will react to. Months from a band aid is intense!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,557,881 times
Quote:
You may just be slightly allergic to adhesive. Whenever I go in for medical things (which is fairly often considering my disorder) I always have to specify they use paper tape or no tape at all, otherwise I break out in a nasty rash. When I get my blood drawn I refuse tape and band aids as well.

When I got surgery on my shoulder/collarbone area it was horrible because they had to keep it covered and taped down with plastic surgical tape and my entire shoulder broke out in hive type blisters for weeks afterwards. Stupid random allergies.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:27 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,694,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I taught my best guy friend how to do that with one of my bras. He was so proud of himself (mostly because he could unhook a bra from any position at that point) that he showed his now girlfriend not realizing how weird it would be watching her boyfriend put a bra on and then proceed to take it off and pull it through his sleeve. He also didn't realize that the only way he could have figured out how to do it is by having another woman teach him or buying himself a bra and practicing. She found both scenarios very odd and when she found out I was the one who taught him she about lost it laughing.

He still considers himself some sort of magician.
Thays a hilarious story lol, but its not that hard..i mean ive seen my ex do it enough to know how to do it...r men really that clueless?

Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,037,286 times
The reason that I wear bras (without an apostrophe), is that I am uncomfortable without one.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty