Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The "style" of bras in the US vs Europe is also very different. American bras are more about "disappearing" and covering up the natural breast shape. The best sellers are seamless or t-shirt, neutral colored and lightly padded (or super padded).

European bras tend to be less padded, less neutral, and more "natural" in shape. And more decorative.

American bras tend to be very functional.
I never thought about that but you're right. Places like VS are 95% molded cup so when I started looking for properly sized bras, I was confused and frustrated that most of what I found was soft cup (I'm still annoyed that most of them are very full coverage, even the ones that call themselves demi or balconette).

But after some sizing trouble and reevaluating my chestular needs, I'm on the search for a soft cup bra that fits my needs and wishes. I'm also toying with the idea of shortening some old 32 band bras on my snazzy new sewing machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I never thought about that but you're right. Places like VS are 95% molded cup so when I started looking for properly sized bras, I was confused and frustrated that most of what I found was soft cup (I'm still annoyed that most of them are very full coverage, even the ones that call themselves demi or balconette).

But after some sizing trouble and reevaluating my chestular needs, I'm on the search for a soft cup bra that fits my needs and wishes. I'm also toying with the idea of shortening some old 32 band bras on my snazzy new sewing machine.
I know! Some of the full bust bras come up so high, I always wonder what kind of shirts people are wearing with these! Most shirts I wear are fairly modest, but it feels like I have to choose my bra carefully. I think Cleo does a good job with making baconies but the underwires are wide, and I don't find most of them very comfy. Maybe we should create a brand.

Still haven't tried Ewa Michalak.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
Lucky I have nice shaped breasts which are not too huge so they don't sag that I "need" to wear one for support. It is great not to have the restrictive straps and under wires cutting into me! Love of equality and women can choose now!
Check back with us in 20 years. You'll probably wish you'd worn a bra.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,368 times
I need to wear a bra because my girls are pretty big.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,957,605 times
Sweating under ur boobs if they're large and you live in South Fla is an issue (can you tell I type from experience) it can create a yeast infection under your lovey ladies and that's no fun! Plus when you have high DD's but a slim-ish figure you need something to hold em up! its gross when they swing

Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Maybe it's just me, but I've never found bras to be uncomfortable torture devices, and mine are all exclusively under-wire. I'm fairly short-waisted, so if the girls aren't supported I go from looking like I have a figure to resembling a sack of potatoes (at least in my head.)

Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,150,831 times
Those of us with larger, natural breasts wear bras for support. If don't wear one, my chest muscles hurt. Modesty is another reason.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Labioplasty is so 2012 - bring on the nipplectomies.
Hey, it ain't like I'm using 'em for anything!

On the subject of large breasts and the problems they cause, here's a comic devoted to the issue:

Tagged "comics" |

Bras and finding one that fits come up quite a bit.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
That's one of the blessings of being a "senior citizen". You can go braless and nobody thinks you are gross-just old and cranky. At this point, I only put on make up and a bra if I'm leaving the house and I get away with as little of each as I can.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
The real reason....can't think of any.
I detest/loathe bras. Pure torture.
I don't know how some women even sleep with them on, let alone wear them everyday.
I like to be comfortable, & free. So I wear them as little as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty