Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM

151 posts, read 220,391 times

Advertisements

I don't think the implants define the woman's personality. I know many nice women who got them. I just think they ruined their natural beauty and look aweful.

There are some women out there who are removing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Saw a program on TV (so take with appropriately sized grain of salt) about a fitness model who got implants because she felt inadequate compared to other, bustier models. After the surgery she had all sorts of odd issues feeling sick, fatigued, with constant pain and pressure on her chest that she felt certain was all due to her implants. She had them removed and her symptoms disappeared but within a month she was whining again about feeling too small.

You know, I understand how powerful body insecurity can be but when you're putting vanity over your health, well, I just can't fully respect you.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
People just seem to have negative feelings toward plastic surgery in general and I don't think that's fair. If a woman truly isn't happy with the size of her breasts, she should be able to get breast implants without being hated on. If I could afford breast implants, I would get them in a second. And they can look natural if you get them done the right way. Get silicone implants and place them under the muscle. Also, don't go too big.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
People just seem to have negative feelings toward plastic surgery in general and I don't think that's fair. If a woman truly isn't happy with the size of her breasts, she should be able to get breast implants without being hated on. If I could afford breast implants, I would get them in a second. And they can look natural if you get them done the right way. Get silicone implants and place them under the muscle. Also, don't go too big.
You are overlooking the main problem, which is learn to accept yourself as you are. Implants don't do a thing to change YOU....they merely change your shape.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post

I don't think anyone here has "hated" on them. But we do have a right to cast judgement, that was never made illegal. All of the people posting in this thread would probably still smile and be polite towards you in real life.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
I can't believe you are asking this question.

Take a look at the "would you date a woman that was extremely flat chested" thread.
That's why. Most men said they wouldn't or couldn't do it.

Plus,lots of women criticise women who have smaller breasts.
These same ones,when someone does get implants,will then say"oh,why did you get implants,you looked good before".

Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always be my baby View Post
What are the reasons why some people hate breast implants so much? Is it because some go too large and it's not proportionate to their body. Do some get mad because they can't afford to get implants and are jealous of some women that do.
Noooooo.
Cuz they're gross.

Plain and simple.
I can ALWAYS tell who has them. Nasty.
Not to mention, unless you're reconstructing after cancer or something, the fact that you had your boobs done tells me you have insecurity and self-esteem issues. *shrug*

Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
I don't see anything wrong with it.

Maybe she wants to attract men? What is wrong with that?

As I said,these same women who hate implants would also criticize a woman with small breasts.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
I think we have an emotional reaction to women's breasts (induced by our society's obsession with them, or maybe causing that obsession to exist, or both) and so anything that's done to them tends to be a big issue. If we didn't care as much, women with small breasts wouldn't worry about it and the only concern would be for women with large breasts, who'd still find them a nuisance.

My own emotional response comes from seeing women's breasts as an integral part of the body, and I don't like the idea of them being tampered with. If a woman loses a breast, or both, in surgery, that's a tragedy and I can see that she might want to be made whole again as far as possible, but some women decide against that, and accept that they have a changed body, and either way it's her decision. But to say that breasts aren't good enough the way they're made and the way life leaves them (after feeding babies or just getting older) is something I can't accept. Maybe it's true that "these same women who hate implants would also criticize a woman with small breasts" but I'd hope that most people would just say "Isn't it interesting how women's breasts can be such a range of sizes." That's really all we need to think about it. They vary. They're all good.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
It's unnecessary surgery. I wouldn't subject myself to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty