U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM

1,826 posts, read 1,039,299 times

Advertisements

It is utterly amazing to me the things I see many women wearing out in public lately.
Sheer leggings or spandex that basically look like black bodypaint. You see everything and it's
often not flattering. I've seen one woman with leggings so tight you could see cellulite through it!
There are others that look like they stretched an old pair of pantyhose and wore them like pants,
without any underwear.

There was a woman jogging the other day in spandex shorts so tiny that they may have been
underwear. I've seen underwear that offers more coverage! The comical thing, is she was trying
to run with one hand on her backside yanking them over her butt when they were too small to
fit properly in the first place.

Then there is plumber's crack for women. They often wear them without any underwear and any
slight bend and most of their butt crack is showing. Real fun while you are eating someplace in
a cafe and glance behind you to find the waiter and get a full on view of someone's pasty white
butt crack at the table next to you.

Then we get into something I've seen men starting to do as well.. wearing their pajamas in public.
Really? It's THAT much trouble to get dressed in actual street clothes? You have to shuffle around
in your unwashed looking Tweety bird Pajama bottoms in line at the bank?

Do people even care anymore? I'm a casual guy, I hate suits and dressing up but I will at least
attempt to look presentable and not make a spectacle of myself.

This just screams either "Look at ME, I need attention!" or " I don't care what I look like in the slightest"

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,814,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
It is utterly amazing to me the things I see many women wearing out in public lately.
Sheer leggings or spandex that basically look like black bodypaint. You see everything and it's
often not flattering. I've seen one woman with leggings so tight you could see cellulite through it!
There are others that look like they stretched an old pair of pantyhose and wore them like pants,
without any underwear.

There was a woman jogging the other day in spandex shorts so tiny that they may have been
underwear. I've seen underwear that offers more coverage! The comical thing, is she was trying
to run with one hand on her backside yanking them over her butt when they were too small to
fit properly in the first place.

Then there is plumber's crack for women. They often wear them without any underwear and any
slight bend and most of their butt crack is showing. Real fun while you are eating someplace in
a cafe and glance behind you to find the waiter and get a full on view of someone's pasty white
butt crack at the table next to you.

Then we get into something I've seen men starting to do as well.. wearing their pajamas in public.
Really? It's THAT much trouble to get dressed in actual street clothes? You have to shuffle around
in your unwashed looking Tweety bird Pajama bottoms in line at the bank?

Do people even care anymore? I'm a casual guy, I hate suits and dressing up but I will at least
attempt to look presentable and not make a spectacle of myself.

This just screams either "Look at ME, I need attention!" or " I don't care what I look like in the slightest"
While I typically don't judge people based on what they wear, I do agree that there has been an increase in 'odd' fashion choices like the pajamas in public. I also agree that women seem to be wearing less and less clothing (like the shorts example you mentioned).

Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,289,441 times
Another woman bashing thread. Awesome

Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 PM

I didn't write it to bash women. I happen to know plenty of women who feel the same
way.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM

6,056 posts, read 8,002,503 times
Who cares? Let people wear what they want. If I'm having a chill day I might run errands wearing sweatpants. I see a lot of people wearing unflattering clothes, but ultimately it's not worth thinking about.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,891,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Who cares? Let people wear what they want. If I'm having a chill day I might run errands wearing sweatpants. I see a lot of people wearing unflattering clothes, but ultimately it's not worth thinking about.
This is basically what it comes down to.

My tattoos offend a lot of people but does that mean I should have to wear long sleeves all the time? My legs are super pale and I simply don't tan, does that mean I should wear long pants during the summer so I don't 'offend' someone with my less than perfect body?

How about I wear what I want and if you don't like it, you don't have to look.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,814,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is basically what it comes down to.

My tattoos offend a lot of people but does that mean I should have to wear long sleeves all the time? My legs are super pale and I simply don't tan, does that mean I should wear long pants during the summer so I don't 'offend' someone with my less than perfect body?

How about I wear what I want and if you don't like it, you don't have to look.
I agree 100%. In my post above, I made an observation that I've noticed women wearing less and less clothing, but the truth is that they should be able to wear whatever they want. I could care less. I know that people wear tattoos and they offend some (I'm not one who's offended by them), but they shouldn't let that dictate whether they should show them off or not. Heck, I wear a lot of crop tops and I like wearing navel rings and showing them off, but I'm not going to let other people's opinions dictate whether I stop wearing them.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 PM

"How about I wear what I want and if you don't like it, you don't have to look."

Absolutely right. People can wear (or not wear) whatever they want and I don't have to look if it bothers me.
By the same token...
I can express whatever opinion about it I want and YOU don't have to read it if it bothers you!

Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,891,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
"How about I wear what I want and if you don't like it, you don't have to look."

Absolutely right. People can wear (or not wear) whatever they want and I don't have to look if it bothers me.
By the same token...
I can express whatever opinion about it I want and YOU don't have to read it if it bothers you!
Totally agreed! And by that token, I am allowed to have my opinions about your opinions

Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM

9,616 posts, read 17,782,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Another woman bashing thread. Awesome
No one is bashing women. The op is stating facts that are quite common. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty