U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,394,807 times

Advertisements

Ok, for this thread state what you trait you have and what trait you find most attractive. For instance, state your eye color, and then state which eye color you find most attractive. But do this for:
eye color
hair color
hair curliness
freckles vs no freckles
skin color
height
body type
body hair
head/facial structure
introversion vs extroversion
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract)
thinker vs feeler
habitual vs spontaneous

I want to find out if opposites are generally more attracted to each other, and if not, why or why not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 PM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Ok, for this thread state what you trait you have and what trait you find most attractive. For instance, state your eye color, and then state which eye color you find most attractive.

I want to find out if opposites are generally more attracted to each other, and if not, why or why not.
I'm attracted to men who are physically similar to me. My husband and my son are also attracted to people who are physically similar to them. I'm a slender fit blonde with green eyes, and my husband and son have brown hair and brown eyes. That's right, my husband and I did not marry people who were physically similar to us. That was my first husband who looked like Brad Pitt, but he was an absolute loser. My husband is a fantastic man.

I've learned through the years that what I'm attracted to isn't good for me. For example, I'm an extrovert, spontaneous and a feeling intuitive person who can quickly assess situations. My husband is more introverted, not spontaneous and a very careful decision maker. We balance each other well. He keeps me grounded. I liven him up. So even though I'm not attracted to opposites, I think opposites are the best matches. I've been with him for 20 years and it hasn't gotten boring. My relationships with people who are similar to me only lasted a few years.

eye color -- green -- blue or green
hair color -- blonde -- blonde
hair curliness -- straight -- straight
freckles vs no freckles -- used to have freckles, but not really anymore. I have no preference on this
skin color -- fair skin -- fair skin
height -- slightly above average -- slightly above average
body type -- slender and fit -- slender and fi
body hair -- none -- not a fan (not really sure what you mean by this)
head/facial structure -- strong oval -- strong oval to square
introversion vs extroversion -- extrovert -- extrovert
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract) -- both -- both
thinker vs feeler -- both -- both
habitual vs spontaneous -- spontaneous -- spontaneous

Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
So I find that I admire traits opposite to my own in other women, but in my man I like traits more similar to mine. I like a man with dark hair with strong facial features who is an intellectual with an irreverent sense of humor.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:47 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
It doesn't factor for me. Variety is the spice of life.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,944,887 times
Quote:
Ok, for this thread state what you trait you have and what trait you find most attractive. For instance, state your eye color, and then state which eye color you find most attractive. But do this for:
eye color
hair color
hair curliness
freckles vs no freckles
skin color
height
body type
body hair
head/facial structure
introversion vs extroversion
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract)
thinker vs feeler
habitual vs spontaneous

good idea

(first mine, then what i find more attractive)

eye color: brown - honey/hazel/light brown
hair color: brunette-brunette
hair curliness: wavy/moderately curly - curly
freckles vs no freckles: no freckles- no freckles
skin color: white-any skin color
height: tall- tall
body type: average- average/dont mind much
body hair: none - not a fan
head/facial structure: ?
introversion vs extroversion: introverted-introverted
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract): intuition-intuition.
thinker vs feeler: feeler-thinker
habitual vs spontaneous:mix of both-mix of both

it seems i look for someone pretty similar to me. Though, about the hair, i LOVE men with curly hair, but i dont like curly hair in women. I had curly hair when i was little, and my hair has naturally straighthen a lot, and now is wavy and not so curly, and i always use hair streigthener or do perms, so my hair most of the time is straigther than it really is. So i love curly hair in men, but curly hair in women (thats the hair i have)im not a fan of.

Other than that, i like my type, i would call that type "italian"

Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,944,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
So I find that I admire traits opposite to my own in other women, but in my man I like traits more similar to mine. I like a man with dark hair with strong facial features who is an intellectual with an irreverent sense of humor.
This so much. I know what my type is, and what a male version of my type is, and i like that type very much. IN MEN. The women i find beautiful look NOTHING like me. I find very beautiful the look of Zooey Deschanel for example, sweet, blue eyed, innocent look. While my look is more femme fatale/italian/big lips/big eyes, etc.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 PM

565 posts, read 1,074,624 times
I have dark hair and eyes and am not pale. Historically, I've been attracted to those traits in women. Not exculsively, mind you, but the overwhelming bias has been towards that.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
Quote:
eye color Green w/brownish flecks: no preference
hair color [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Dark brown: no preference (used to be partial to blond men)[/color]
hair curliness wavy: no preference
freckles vs no freckles no: preferably not
skin color [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]light olive: no preference[/color]
height 5'4": up to 6'
body type pear-shaped: NOT pear-shaped
body hair Normal amount: Not too abundant!
head/facial structure Oval-heart: larger chin on men
introversion vs extroversion introvert: more extrovert than I am
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract) both: either/or
thinker vs feeler Feeler, maybe: thinker
habitual vs spontaneous habitual: not too spontaneous

Actually, my husband IS quite opposite from me, more than my answers suggest (it's just that I don't have a lot of preferences all-around). He looks very different and is very different in a lot of ways. But, for the most part, a complimentary difference.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM

3,523 posts, read 3,751,478 times
(mine,not mine)
eye color.... brown, green
hair color.... black, red
hair curliness..... kinky, wavy
freckles vs no freckles.... no freckles, little to no freckles
skin color.... goldenish brown, none really
height.... 6 ft, short
body type.... fit/thin/stocky, plumpish but healthily
body hair.... lots, little
head/facial structure.... ?,?
introversion vs extroversion..... introverted, extroverted
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract).... bit of both, intuitive
thinker vs feeler.... thinker, either
habitual vs spontaneous.... spontaneous, either

Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM

803 posts, read 1,300,009 times
eye color - hazel (green with copper ring) --- anything light (piercing gray to light brown)
hair color - dark brown --- dark brown
hair curliness - straight --- straight or wavy
freckles vs no freckles - mild freckling --- mild freckling or none
skin color - fair --- fair or olive
height - 5'6 --- 4'10 to 5'10
body type - athletic (muscular and rectangle/trapezium-ish) --- pear, hourglass, rectangle...
body hair - moderate but I trim regularly --- well-groomed, not a hippy chick
head/facial structure - rectangle/diamond --- oval/heart
introversion vs extroversion - mild/leaning introvert --- mild/leaning introvert to mild/leaning extrovert
sensing (concrete) vs intuition (abstract) - sensing --- no preference
thinker vs feeler - thinker --- thinker
habitual vs spontaneous - habitual --- habitual

Last edited by ASOT; 04-01-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or