U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,982,472 times

Advertisements

I think smellng better far outweighs they're style of dress.

It wouldnt matter if he was wearing a tux, or a flannel shirt and ripped up jeans... if he has that cuddly intoxicating "i-want-to-bury-my-head-in-his-shoulders" kinda smell.... mmmmmm.

Clean hands is another must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 AM

3,073 posts, read 10,609,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I think smellng better far outweighs they're style of dress.

It wouldnt matter if he was wearing a tux, or a flannel shirt and ripped up jeans... if he has that cuddly intoxicating "i-want-to-bury-my-head-in-his-shoulders" kinda smell.... mmmmmm.

Clean hands is another must.
Lol, all so true. Believe me, she knows what she's talking about.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Tuck in your shirt, don't wear a ballcap 24/7, shave and shower. Smile.

Women really are not that picky.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:55 PM

3,402 posts, read 11,982,472 times
and.. don't pick at your feet or do other gross things with your hands then try to touch us.

Ballcaps are walking a dangerous line... are you wearing one because you're still a kid at heart? or bald as a baby's bottom on top!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM

969 posts, read 2,460,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here View Post
What are some fashion tips a lean/slim/trim man should be aware of in order to make himself look more appealing?
Are you slim and tall - then contrast layers would look great (dark wash fitted jeans - collar shirt - sweater in color other than matchy match blue)

Slim and short? - Go with more of a monochrome color scheme - A dark grey slack with a paler grey sweater and contrast color collar shirt.

Also are you blond or brown haired - pale or dark complection? - Color matters in picking complimentary clothes

Old 10-31-2007, 01:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,635,552 times
Lean men look spectacular in double breasted suits. If you're going to get a suit jacket make sure it's in this style. Navy is best with grey slacks or khaki for less formal times. You can quickly throw it on over jeans too.

If you wouldn't feel silly, ask your girlfriend to give you a manicure sans polish of course. Grooming is as important as dress.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,849,851 times
Being clean and smelling clean is at the top of the list.
Also, keep away from the baggy pants that make you look like a baby who's dumped in his diaper.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,951,585 times
I'm a slim guy myself so I think I know where you are coming from. Everything I find is too baggy for me, so recently I've been getting alot of my clothes tailored. Mostly my business shirts and pants, but I've had a couple casual shirts done too. This is especially important with the shirts; baggy shirts make us look sloppy and heavier than we really are. That is tip #1

Next tip, match your socks to your pants. Buy nice shoes and keep them clean. Get a nice watch. women will notice those three things whether they realize it or not. Wear simple ties that dont jump out. Dont be afraid to spend a whole day shopping for the right pair of jeans. Once you do that, the next time all you have to do is go buy that same pair. But women love a guy in the right pair of jeans (well my wife likes mine anyway lol)

So it doesn't matter what you wear, its how you wear it and how it fits and if it matches what else you have on. Lastly, subscribe to GQ. This is all stuff I absorbed from the magazine (hopefully I absorbed it right lol).

Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM

187 posts, read 557,701 times
Go to a quality hairstylist and get a good cut for your look and use products. Dont look like a Q-tip. We dont care so much of what you wear, its how you carry yourself and how you treat us. But you must smell clean and know how to treat a woman.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM

3,073 posts, read 10,609,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Being clean and smelling clean is at the top of the list.
Also, keep away from the baggy pants that make you look like a baby who's dumped in his diaper.
As frowned upon as it is, baggy pants can actually be a fashion statement for the younger man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty