U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:56 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,951,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
As frowned upon as it is, baggy pants can actually be a fashion statement for the younger man.
doesnt make it a good statement lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,122,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
I'm a slim guy myself so I think I know where you are coming from. Everything I find is too baggy for me, so recently I've been getting alot of my clothes tailored. Mostly my business shirts and pants, but I've had a couple casual shirts done too. This is especially important with the shirts; baggy shirts make us look sloppy and heavier than we really are. That is tip #1

Next tip, match your socks to your pants. Buy nice shoes and keep them clean. Get a nice watch. women will notice those three things whether they realize it or not. Wear simple ties that dont jump out. Dont be afraid to spend a whole day shopping for the right pair of jeans. Once you do that, the next time all you have to do is go buy that same pair. But women love a guy in the right pair of jeans (well my wife likes mine anyway lol)

So it doesn't matter what you wear, its how you wear it and how it fits and if it matches what else you have on. Lastly, subscribe to GQ. This is all stuff I absorbed from the magazine (hopefully I absorbed it right lol).
Good to see a guy in this country who gets it! It's not particularly common, unfortunately... But there's a wife behind! Would've given you all kudos if you were single, but it's likely that the lady taught ya....

And, guys, there's nothing wrong with wearing good masculine fragrance! There really isn't! It does NOT bite! As a matter of fact, somebody just MAY bite ya as a result! And, yes, lose the baggy pants and the stupid baseball caps in any shape, form, or direction! OK, I'm foreign-born and may not be in the majority... perhaps you shouldn't be listening to me...

Old 11-03-2007, 12:49 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,951,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good to see a guy in this country who gets it! It's not particularly common, unfortunately... But there's a wife behind! Would've given you all kudos if you were single, but it's likely that the lady taught ya....

And, guys, there's nothing wrong with wearing good masculine fragrance! There really isn't! It does NOT bite! As a matter of fact, somebody just MAY bite ya as a result! And, yes, lose the baggy pants and the stupid baseball caps in any shape, form, or direction! OK, I'm foreign-born and may not be in the majority... perhaps you shouldn't be listening to me...
if you want to know the truth, my wife is a fashion mess. well she was, she's gotten better, but its the other way around - i've had to step up my own game pretty much to help her out lol. everything i've learned is just from observation of others and reading magazines and stuff.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 PM

3,567 posts, read 7,515,438 times
Just dress well and look good. Look clean.

It's impossible to say what women are going to be attracted to. I have a friend who loves beak noses on men. She just finds them sexy and cute. And I mean this truly-- these things attract her.

You can't go wrong with clean, in my book. That's about it.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 AM

1,610 posts, read 4,303,089 times
When somone mentions that a look is current fashion, I always have to say that style is way more important than fashion. I have been looking at men for a very long time (apologies to my husband, but I just look) and classic, well-fitting clothes impress me every time. I am not a fan of bright colors - ever! So unless you're at a football game wearing team colors, tone it down. There has been a lot of great advice here about good haircuts, great accessories and grooming. So the only thing I would add is wear the best quality fabrics you can afford, well cut shirts and pants, classic leather shoes (unless you're wearing athletic wear), neutral colors (this can include shades of plum, teal, gold etc.) and minimize the patterns. A look I especially admire is black slip-on shoes, charcoal wool slacks, and a thin black V-neck cashmere sweater over a neutral tee shirt.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
if you want to know the truth, my wife is a fashion mess. well she was, she's gotten better, but its the other way around - i've had to step up my own game pretty much to help her out lol. everything i've learned is just from observation of others and reading magazines and stuff.
Good for you! So few like you...

Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM

979 posts, read 3,486,052 times
Nice jeans that fit in the butt. Layering.... Button down shirts with a blazer... things like that. Well groomed equals lots of chicks!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

3,353 posts, read 3,851,171 times
No pleats on pants. Don't tuck in your shirt (I know someone else told you that you should tuck but I disagree, untucked it much hotter and less stodgy) (dress shirt with suits of course should be tucked). If you're bald to George Costanza magnitude, shave it all off - totally bald is very sexy.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
totally bald is very sexy.
That'd be a matter of perception.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,004 times
Wink Lets talk about me lol

and not what you need to ware
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty