U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:30 PM
 
226 posts, read 708,318 times
Reputation: 135

Advertisements

I am just wondering i don't see it anymore for those who don't know its a shirt with an alliagotor on it. It use to be for very classy men and now i see a lot of people who wear ralph lauren shirts instead.

Here is example: Lacoste L!VE Shirt, Core Slim Fit Pique Polo Shirt - Mens Polos - Macy's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:43 PM
 
Location: SoCal
1,748 posts, read 1,791,883 times
Reputation: 1304
Ralph Lauren is the thing now a days. Lacoste is worn by very few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
2,311 posts, read 3,463,007 times
Reputation: 5304
Lacoste like Polo Ralph Lauren have never been "" out "" of style.

Polo shirts along with button down oxfords and other clothing items are traditionally always in style.

The biggest mistake of both Lacoste and Ralph Lauren was to make their logo's extremely large on shirts.

It was tacky, garish and in poor taste. Anyone of style substance and dignity would never succumb to the whims of this embarrassing trend.
Both my wife and I are working professionals and we both have Lacoste branded clothing in our respective closets, what we don't have is bad taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Status: "Counting down my sleeps again!" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: NJ, but my heart & soul are in Hawaii
3,129 posts, read 2,502,159 times
Reputation: 8023
Most definitely in. It was popular in the 80's too, I used to buy my kids them. Now they can buy their own. LoL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM
 
226 posts, read 708,318 times
Reputation: 135
But every 20 guys you see wear ralph lauren 1 wears lacoste and that's a good thing because they don't realize lacoste is way better quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 PM
 
2,888 posts, read 4,476,900 times
Reputation: 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Lacoste like Polo Ralph Lauren have never been "" out "" of style.

Polo shirts along with button down oxfords and other clothing items are traditionally always in style.

The biggest mistake of both Lacoste and Ralph Lauren was to make their logo's extremely large on shirts.

It was tacky, garish and in poor taste. Anyone of style substance and dignity would never succumb to the whims of this embarrassing trend.

Both my wife and I are working professionals and we both have Lacoste branded clothing in our respective closets, what we don't have is bad taste.
I agree, I never liked it and never went for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
But every 20 guys you see wear ralph lauren 1 wears lacoste and that's a good thing because they don't realize lacoste is way better quality.
Yes, I have noticed that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
3,572 posts, read 6,197,067 times
Reputation: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
But every 20 guys you see wear ralph lauren 1 wears lacoste and that's a good thing because they don't realize lacoste is way better quality.
Cokeman?

It does seem that far fewer people wear Lacoste polos VS Polo Ralph Lauren polos. But beyond the MOP buttons on the Lacoste polos, how are they better quality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
6,037 posts, read 6,078,917 times
Reputation: 4754
I hate polo shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 PM
 
Location: NoVa
803 posts, read 1,300,352 times
Reputation: 864
Maybe it's just where I live but it seems Lacoste shirts are replacing Ralph Lauren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
10,860 posts, read 18,883,731 times
Reputation: 25110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Cokeman?

It does seem that far fewer people wear Lacoste polos VS Polo Ralph Lauren polos. But beyond the MOP buttons on the Lacoste polos, how are they better quality?
More nicely made, fabric that hangs better and doesn't fade as much over time. I notice because I do all the laundry for my family. My husband doesn't have any idea what's better quality but he doesn't wear the Lacoste polos anyhow, it's all UnderArmor or Nike for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top