Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 PM

209 posts, read 304,146 times

Advertisements

The ignorance expressed in this thread makes me want to chop off my penis with a hatchet. I'm not even going to bother quoting, but I feel ashamed to be a guy sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Sure in 1970 you would be right but the new bolt ons do not need to be swapped every decade....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLover View Post
Wow you sure know a lot about implants, but it's true though my surgeon said he had a patient that had her implants for 16 years. Some people even have them for much longer.
Just saying, I bartended in strip clubs for over a year (2010 & 2011) and from what I was told (by two of the most asked for dancers) was that they have to get changed every ten years and yes she had implants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Here's the funny thing about this whole topic: IF guys could get dick implants, there'd lines out the doors for years and years. Obviously their just pissed we can fix our tyt problems and they are stuck with their small dicks..
Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Thats not a requirement at all. I've had mine for almost 13 with no problems at all. My other gf has had hers for 15

Yes, but they still have to be changed. I think if all you had to do to have implants was get one surgery and hopefully be done for life, more women would get it done.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Just saying, I bartended in strip clubs for over a year (2010 & 2011) and from what I was told (by two of the most asked for dancers) was that they have to get changed every ten years and yes she had implants.

Good point

Yes, but they still have to be changed. I think if all you had to do to have implants was get one surgery and hopefully be done for life, more women would get it done.
I know it isn't a breast implant, but I have a port-a-cath in my chest for regular IV infusions I receive, and those need to be replaced every 3-5 years on average. Mine has been in for 8 years and still works great. Does that mean that the medical literature is lying? No, it just means I'm an oddball case.

My aunt has had implants since the early 80's and has had them replaced twice.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 PM

685 posts, read 1,104,788 times
So, bc you worked at a strip club of all places, that makes you the implant expert on how long they can last? How about you call any plastic surgeon around and ask them how long implants can last? Maybe your stripper friends kept getting them redone every 10 years, which is completely unnecessary, to make them bigger so they make more money from stripping.

In the grand scheme of things, it's no one's business why someone does or doesn't want implants or if you personally like them or not. Do you think women are going out taking a national poll before they have them done seeing who does and doesn't like them?

To the original poster, I suggest you google implants bc I'm sure you will find boards dedicated solely to women who have gotten them done. This board is really not the place..

Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
So, bc you worked at a strip club of all places, that makes you the implant expert on how long they can last? How about you call any plastic surgeon around and ask them how long implants can last? Maybe your stripper friends kept getting them redone every 10 years, which is completely unnecessary, to make them bigger so they make more money from stripping.

In the grand scheme of things, it's no one's business why someone does or doesn't want implants or if you personally like them or not. Do you think women are going out taking a national poll before they have them done seeing who does and doesn't like them?

To the original poster, I suggest you google implants bc I'm sure you will find boards dedicated solely to women who have gotten them done. This board is really not the place..
I wouldn't trust surgeons either, they have a financial interest. Some quotes from the FDA:

Risks of Breast Implants

"Below are some things the FDA thinks you should consider before undergoing breast augmentation, reconstruction or revision surgery.

- Breast implants are not lifetime devices; the longer you have your implants, the MORE LIKELY it will be for you to have them removed.

- The longer you have breast implants, the more likely you are to experience local complications and adverse outcomes.

- The most common local complications and adverse outcomes are capsular contracture, reoperation and implant removal. Other complications include rupture or deflation, wrinkling, asymmetry, scarring, pain, and infection at the incision site.

- You SHOULD ASSUME that you will need to have additional surgeries (reoperations).

- Many of the changes to your breast following implantation may be cosmetically undesirable and irreversible.

- If you have your implants removed but not replaced, you may experience changes to your natural breasts such as dimpling, puckering, wrinkling, breast tissue loss, or other undesirable cosmetic changes.

- If you have breast implants, you will need to monitor your breasts for the rest of your life. If you notice any abnormal changes in your breasts, you will need to see a doctor promptly.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know it isn't a breast implant, but I have a port-a-cath in my chest for regular IV infusions I receive, and those need to be replaced every 3-5 years on average. Mine has been in for 8 years and still works great. Does that mean that the medical literature is lying? No, it just means I'm an oddball case.

My aunt has had implants since the early 80's and has had them replaced twice.
Exactly. It is better to go by averages but you know what? People love to fool themselves and will deny scientific studies and FDA recommendations. i love how the previous poster said you should ask the sales people (surgeons) about their product complications. Yeah right, that is REALLY smart

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Uh...no. No, not at all, not even close. 34 and 36 are rather large bands and are typically seen on women who either carry a lot of extra weight or who have a large frame, neither of whom are likely to wear a size 6. Not impossible, but not average.

You seem to be under the impression that 32D is a very large cup size. And why shouldn't you, pop culture has embraced this image that D cup=cantaloupe sized boobs but I'm here to tell you it just ain't so. Here's what "ginormous" Ds and DDs can look like (NSFW).

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg
Hahaha this is hilarious! the whole post is so wrong I don't know wherevto start. 34 is not a large bad at all unless your name is Karen Carpenter or Calista FlockHeart

No way in hell those breasts are 32D and 32DD Seriously, I take you have never bought a bra in your life.

I actually can guess bra sizes very well, it's not that hard. Most of those girs are B cups and some A's and C's.No D's there

I'm a 32DD and if those were my breasts I would be jumping of joy! LITERALLY. I wish I looked like that.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 04-16-2013 at 11:27 PM..

Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 AM

52 posts, read 124,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Hahaha this is hilarious! the whole post is so wrong I don't know wherevto start. 34 is not a large bad at all unless your name is Karen Carpenter or Calista FlockHeart

No way in hell those breasts are 32D and 32DD Seriously, I take you have never bought a bra in your life.

I actually can guess bra sizes very well, it's not that hard. Most of those girs are B cups and some A's and C's.No D's there

I'm a 32DD and if those were my breasts I would be jumping of joy! LITERALLY. I wish I looked like that.
And you made a new screen name just to make these posts?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants Fan View Post
And you made a new screen name just to make these posts?
Hey 53 posts in total, read this straight from wikipedia

Psychological projection was first conceptualized by Sigmund Freud as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world instead. Thus, projection involves projecting positive or negative qualities onto others, and is a common psychological process.[1][2] Theoretically, projection and the related projective identification reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires through displacement.[3]

But LEt'S ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. I registered because I wanted to post the FDA guideliness for breast implants. That was my first post not the one you quoted. I really do hope someone who is considering getting implants gets the information from reliable sources and not from salesmen(plastic surgeons). They should be be as informed as possible because once the implants are in your body the change is permanent and you will not be able to go back to your old self. It is not a haircut, the changes to your body are irreversible.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 04-17-2013 at 08:04 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM

51 posts, read 99,042 times
Obviously people know implants don't last forever and they know they have to be replaced. Some get them replaced earlier because they get capsular contracture, symmastia or they just want to go bigger. I know a lot of people that get revisions because they feel they went too small the first time around. Why do some people get so worked up over what others do to their bodies. Who cares it doesn't affect you just worry about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty