Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM

61 posts, read 74,635 times

Advertisements

I don't see how some women do it. How can you walk around with a lot of confidence and self esteem when you're easily NOT the prettiest woman in the room? And no man is even looking at you? I've seen some women do it but I don't know how they stop from breaking down. It's really hard to remain level headed and optimistic when you realize this. What are some thought patterns that can help from falling apart and getting depressed when the competition looks better than you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
As a guy, I am WAY more attracted to the more confident women in the room than I am the hottest looking women in the room.

Good looking women are a dime a dozen.
Confident women are marriage material.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM

61 posts, read 74,635 times
anymore replies?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
You will not be the prettiest most of the time, so you better learn to deal with that!

Why is your self confidence low?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Fake it til you make it. There will always be someone prettier than you. Be fun, confident, interesting, and approachable and looks won't matter so much.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Fake it til you make it. There will always be someone prettier than you. Be fun, confident, interesting, and approachable and looks won't matter so much.
This, and also your confidence and self-worth shouldn't entirely come from whether men are looking at you or not. No one is universally attractive, so you just work with what you've got.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:22 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
I agree, it's all about confidence. I almost never feel like the pretties woman in the room but I never let that get to me. I know that I have a great personality to offer and that looking the most stunning isn't always guaranteed to attract people to you.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Although it's easy to get down at times and feel like we don't "measure up", it is also important to realize that we all have unique and beautiful characteristics. I so agree with Strawberrykiki in that you should be fun and confident no matter who else is around you. Be interested in others and make conversation, ask questions, have a sense of humor, etc.

And remember, over time, looks fade. Your personality,character, and humor lasts alot longer.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
What has confidence and self esteem got to do with being the prettiest woman in the room? What has confidence and self esteem got to do with whether other people look at you or not? What competition is this?

What has confidence and self esteem got to do with looks at all? They aren't related and never should be.

Instead of comparing yourself to everyone else try being happy with how well they look. Get outside of yourself and enjoy the other folks for who they are and ignore what they look like, too. Find one of those confident and full of self esteem people and talk to them about themselves, not yourself. Forget the exterior of things and find the kind and caring folks no matter what their exteriors look like. You'll be a lot happier and in a group of kind and caring folks, your self esteem will improve. It will also be a lot more comfortable, too.

If anything, just figure in twenty years everyone will all be old and wrinkly anyway so it's all just an illusion. Pretty is a happy face, even if it has wrinkles. Pretty is someone who cares about other folks instead of themselves, no matter what they are wearing or what they look like.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
I don't see how some women do it. How can you walk around with a lot of confidence and self esteem when you're easily NOT the prettiest woman in the room? And no man is even looking at you? I've seen some women do it but I don't know how they stop from breaking down. It's really hard to remain level headed and optimistic when you realize this. What are some thought patterns that can help from falling apart and getting depressed when the competition looks better than you?
What is your purpose? Are you going out, say to a party, to see how long a line of men forms to speak to you?

I go out to talk to people in general (male and female), have fun, dance, drink, go to new places, see new things. Don't get me wrong, I like to look great. I like getting compliments but that's not my purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty