Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Men would be attracted to women no matter what. Loss of femininity in the name of gender equality (as if these two concepts had anything in common), has caused a little chaos, but I know for a fact that many normal guys are really attracted to natural beauty, and not the bimbo look. Ask men, theyll tell you.
I would much, much rather go on a date with a woman who looks like the Aussie singer Fiora:

... with her freckles, natural hair color, a few early-30's cracks around her eyes, etc. than any generic bottle-blonde bimbo whose monthly beauty upkeep requires more than it would for me to lease a brand new M3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Very interesting. Sounds pretty much like what my makeup friend was talking about. It sounds complicated...makes me glad I'm a guy. All we have to do is splash some water on our face, shave or trim facial hair, and bugger on out the door.
I think Gocubs has it right. Light makeup that isnt easy to identify tends to enhance beauty a bit. I think she has it right. However, a woman who uses light makeup would also be considered attractive without it.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM

837 posts, read 960,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
It sounds complicated...
You have no idea!! And I'm one of those who do the bare minimum; moisturizer and occasional eyeshadow/lipstick. But there are so many colors to sift through, and don't even get us started on cakey eye products!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I would much, much rather go on a date with a woman who looks like the Aussie singer Fiora:

... with her freckles, natural hair color, a few early-30's cracks around her eyes, etc. than any generic bottle-blonde bimbo whose monthly beauty upkeep requires more than it would for me to lease a brand new M3.
Agree 100%, good example. Most men ive asked about this, told me exact same thing.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You live in wicker park? wow, its a small world huh?
Indeed.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I wear very little make up, am all natural, and dress comfortably and I had a guy once tell me I wasn't trying hard enough.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Oh well.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I grew up as the ugly duckling. Instead of adopting the attitude of "Oh, I need to transform my appearance to be as pretty as possible," I took the "This is me. If you don't like it, too bad for you" route. I wear foundation and coverup to try to hide the acne scars-and that's it for makeup. If I try to wear lipstick, I just end up biting it off. I do color my hair; I started going grey at 21. Plus my natural hair color is a very dingy looking brown. I don't own a curling iron, straightener, etc. Just a hair dryer I'm pretty sure is on it's last legs. My 38-not quite D's? All me, baby. I have hips. Good ol' child bearing hips.

I buy my shoes at Payless. I've always been disproportionate so I hate shopping for clothes. I buy my purses at Fred Meyer (aka Peytons, Kroger, or Fry's depending on where you live). I do get my eyebrows waxed because I'm too lazy to pluck them. I do get a monthly facial and pedicure to do something nice for myself. Tanning? I avoid the sun like a vampire! Massage? If there's a smokin' Groupon deal for one. Working out? I can't think of many things I hate more. I work out because I know it's good for me but if I'm juggling my schedule, it's the first thing to get pushed aside. Although, I did just buy a new bike because I actually do enjoy that.

I just lost 10 lbs. I was tired of feeling like crap all the time so I gave up processed foods. The weight loss was an added bonus. Do I feel more attractive? Nope. Now I have to do the dreaded clothes shopping.

I'm pretty natural. And when it comes to the opposite sex? 100% totally invisible.
You make some great points. I do think "natural beauty" often means:

- you have hair that is shiny and a natural looking color
- you are fit / not overweight
- you have good, clear skin
- you have good, white teeth

Sometimes, people can achieve the "natural" look, in an unnatural way. I will certainly be coloring my hair when I go gray so that it looks more like my "natural" color.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I wear very little make up, am all natural, and dress comfortably and I had a guy once tell me I wasn't trying hard enough.

Probably a PUA guy, running out of ideas on how to "tease" you. Some people (ahem) tend to fall for the indirect types with ulterior motives. He may chat you up about the type of yogurt you like, or tease you about not trying hard enough, but both simply want one thing from ya. WOuldnt it be nice if a guy came up and told you straight up?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
There is a disconnect that I have been observing in recent years, in the way that women alter their appearance and in what men actually find attractive. For the sake of this conversation, lets assume that we are talking about heterosexual women, who traditionally look for some sort of commitment from their future mate. Of course plenty of women in today's world also seek ONS and companionship other than a long term relationship or marriage, lets just stick to this traditional view for a moment.

Women spend insane amounts of money and effort, in order to be seen attractive to the opposite sex. They go as far as putting pounds of artificial dirt and chemicals on their faces and bodies, which only seems normal for someone living in this civilization, but is rather ridiculous as a concept. Many go under the knife in order to improve their appearance via breast augmentation, butt implants, liposuction, and countless other examples of plastic surgery.

They spend their afternoons shopping for overpriced shoes, purses and clothes. They get the hair removal done frequently, go to tanning salons, massage parlors and workout often to be in great shape. Most of this is done in order to be more attractive to men. WHile some claim that they do it in order to feel good about themselves, and a good case can be made for someone working out for other reasons than being attractive, I believe that underlying motive still remains the same, attraction.

However, as a man, I don't find much of it attractive at all. Fake boobs, fake butts, too much make up - no thank you. I much, much prefer a natural woman, who does take care of herself by working out, proper nutrition and proper hygiene, but stays away from makeup overload, dressing too sexy, plastic surgery and other waste of time and money. I want a woman who is proud of her long hair and her feminine features as given at birth, all natural. A little make up is perfectly fine, but I can't say that I have ever found lipstick that completely changes your lip color as attractive at all. Most of these things simply make you unattractive and ensure that I will not approach.

WHile many will say that this is my opinion and Im perfectly entitled to it, talking to other guys, shockingly most all echo my stance. Im talking about normal guys, who work for a living and try to do their best in the short time given on this earth. The type of guys that you will end up married to and guys that will be your boyfriends, once you realize that prince charming and Mr. perfect are only fictional characters. We are all turned off by the fake beauty and much prefer a natural woman, who looks like the way she was created. Fake boobs for example are pretty much a dealbreaker for me.

The only guys who are interested in fake body parts and overdone makeup as well as slutty clothing, are guys who subscribe to the pump and dump philosophy and disrespect women from every angle. They want nothing much to do with you, other than 30 minutes (if you're lucky) of some sloppy sex. These guys aren't the guys you want much to do with, unless you are also only looking to get laid and couldn't care less.

I assume this disconnect comes from the media, cosmo magazines, wonderful movies like "STD and the city", hollywood who tell women what guys want. They are telling women that they must look like the cover model of the magazine in order to be desired. It couldn't be any further away from the truth. We love natural women, because their femininity doesn't need a dress up and fake alterations. It is perfect and magical, just the way it is.

Agree, disagree, give me some feedback.
Well written, thought out, and spot on!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

This!! My father growing up always made negative comments about my weight, how I should lose some pounds because I was an attractive young woman otherwise. When I went off to college and got too busy to eat, I came back weighing 107 lbs and then he switched to telling me to put weight on because I looked like "a French girl." Fast forward a few years and when I come to visit he starts asking why I don't color my hair, wear nail polish, some more eye makeup...

This type of badgering from adults, boyfriends, and the media is probably why women end up conflicted to the point of caking the makeup on and being afraid to let their boyfriends see them without it at the end of the day when it's time to take it all off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty