Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 PM

541 posts, read 1,145,249 times

Advertisements

I love primer under my mineral make-up. I don't like paying for the expensive ones. I recently bought one by Revlon vs. pur minerals that I had been buying. Any other decent primers out there, that are inexpensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I use the Revlon too. The color is better for my skin that others I looked at. I like it so well, I went back to Walgreens and bought a second tube to have in reserve.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I like the Neutrogena (oil control) - I get pretty shiny.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
When primers were new, I read up on them. And one thing I kept reading was that the ingredients in primer were the same in anti chafing gels -- which are meant to put a coat of dry feeling powdery stuff between you and the stuff on you that chafes.

Lanacane makes one, as does Monistat. And yes -- the stuff is the same but for this use there is no color added. And it's way cheaper.

I just checked on Drugstore.com -- and yes -- pretty much the same thing but it has color added. And you get twice the product for less money.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
When primers were new, I read up on them. And one thing I kept reading was that the ingredients in primer were the same in anti chafing gels -- which are meant to put a coat of dry feeling powdery stuff between you and the stuff on you that chafes.

Lanacane makes one, as does Monistat. And yes -- the stuff is the same but for this use there is no color added. And it's way cheaper.

I just checked on Drugstore.com -- and yes -- pretty much the same thing but it has color added. And you get twice the product for less money.
Interesting. But the product I use isn't powdery at all. It is more like another foundation. And I really like the small amount of color it adds to my face for every day. I don't always use foundation over it. The color is a feature for me.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Interesting. But the product I use isn't powdery at all. It is more like another foundation. And I really like the small amount of color it adds to my face for every day. I don't always use foundation over it. The color is a feature for me.
The Monistat stuff is hard to explain. It isn't a powder, it's a gel. But when you put it on, it feels dry -- not drying, just not wet.

I found out about this AFTER I spent the money on Smashbox primer -- which also went on as a gel, but felt like a powder.

I think it's the various silicones in the product. Essentially, it spreads easily and dries quickly with no tack, and fills up the large pores and fine lines -- and leaves a slick unbumpy surface to put foundation on over.

But there is a lot of silicone back lash -- some people really hate it.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM

541 posts, read 1,145,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Thank you! Much cheaper! When I first read Monistat and looked it up, I was like I don't think vajay cream will work well on my facebut then I saw the anti-chafing lotion. The primer I use has no color, so this works well for me and my wallet.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM

99 posts, read 148,506 times
I don't use foundation primer often but when I do, I use the Ulta store brand.
It's inexpensive, about $9, is super lite & goes on smooth.
Eye lid primer? Urban decay - both the shimmery one (sin) & sheer work very well
Nordstrom Rack carries both...they go for $8.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty