U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM

40,904 posts, read 32,658,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
If you have softer features...full lips, soft eyes, round face and a nose that isn't too long and angular...short works. Some women need longer hair because their features are too sharp, almost masculine. A lot of "Nordic" looking women have this problem.
I agree with this.

I have always, always looked much better with short hair - my hair is naturally very, very thick and wavy and coarse, in other words very hard to manage. When it's long, it simply overwhelms my features, which I have been told all my life are "soft" features - I definitely have a round face and large eyes and a nose that's more upturned than long and angular.

I've worn my hair short since I was in my early thirties (I'm 51 now). I got divorced when I was in my early forties - with very short hair, even shorter than it is now (very spiky cut), and I had absolutely no problem attracting and dating men ranging from their early thirties to their early sixties. Not a one ever told me, "Wow, I wish your hair was longer!" In fact, when I started dating my husband, he told me that I was the first woman he'd ever dated who had short hair, but he loved it on me. We've been married for 8 years and I've grown it out twice. Both times I cut it my husband told me, "Thank goodness - I've got my wife back. I love your hair short!"

So...I'm sticking with short. Because I prefer it that way, and so does my husband (and the rest of my family for that matter - and all my friends...and everyone I've ever known...LOL!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 AM

14,649 posts, read 29,692,844 times
KathrynA - you got to quit posting your pics! You are making me jellus (you're so pretty!)

Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 AM

2,810 posts, read 2,805,108 times
Long hair for sure! Short hair on a woman, like a man would have his hair cut, is not attractive, and often looks masculine.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM

26,889 posts, read 38,133,169 times
It depends on the woman. And after I talk to them for five minutes I might change my mind. At some point it becomes unimportant.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM

878 posts, read 1,119,405 times
You really need to have the right facial features, either hyperfeminine or accentuated feminine features, to pull off short hair well as a young woman or girl. For most older women, I don't think there are any clear principles.

Mod cut: Deleted copyrighted image.

Photo of Philippa Bywater - Fashion Model - ID241940 - Profile on FMD

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-06-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM

458 posts, read 533,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short12 View Post
Long hair or short hair? Straight, curly or wavy hair.
It's all an individual basis for me. It depends on the build, stature, etc.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,735,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short12 View Post
Long hair or short hair? Straight, curly or wavy hair.
Depends where ?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,151,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I agree with this.

I have always, always looked much better with short hair - my hair is naturally very, very thick and wavy and coarse, in other words very hard to manage. When it's long, it simply overwhelms my features, which I have been told all my life are "soft" features - I definitely have a round face and large eyes and a nose that's more upturned than long and angular.

I've worn my hair short since I was in my early thirties (I'm 51 now). I got divorced when I was in my early forties - with very short hair, even shorter than it is now (very spiky cut), and I had absolutely no problem attracting and dating men ranging from their early thirties to their early sixties. Not a one ever told me, "Wow, I wish your hair was longer!" In fact, when I started dating my husband, he told me that I was the first woman he'd ever dated who had short hair, but he loved it on me. We've been married for 8 years and I've grown it out twice. Both times I cut it my husband told me, "Thank goodness - I've got my wife back. I love your hair short!"

So...I'm sticking with short. Because I prefer it that way, and so does my husband (and the rest of my family for that matter - and all my friends...and everyone I've ever known...LOL!).
Lovely~ Yes you can wear short hair, you look beautiful ...I have way to much Portuguese, French, Italian, Jewish in me to wear mine short...

Old 11-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
KathrynA - you got to quit posting your pics! You are making me jellus (you're so pretty!)
You crazy gypsy woman! The unfortunate thing is that I do happen to be photogenic, but in real life I am a clumsy buffoon! "A bull in a china closet" is what my mother always called me. As long as I'm still (like in a photo) I do OK, but once I start moving...watch out! LOL

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Lovely~ Yes you can wear short hair, you look beautiful ...I have way to much Portuguese, French, Italian, Jewish in me to wear mine short...
LOL thank you - I bet with that exotic mix, you're gorgeous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or