Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:35 PM

300 posts, read 265,658 times

Advertisements

Ask Will Smith's kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 03:43 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,653,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I have seen men wearing these kilt like things. They aren't kilts but they are supposed to be like kilts. This was very rare but I didn't care. Traditional kilts for ceremonial rites are fine. That is a cultural thing.

I wouldn't care if men wore skirts or kilts or sarongs but I don't think it is going to take off as a fashion trend. Men like to wear jeans and a T-shirt. Women like that too, so I think the Jeans and T-shirt fashion is going to stick around and the skirt fashion is not. It just isn't practical.

What kind of shoes would men wear with their skirts? That was always the problem with skirt wearing.
Lots of various style boots and even sandals that look nice with skirts.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 412 times
Our society is too bent on assigning gender to clothing and colors, pink for girls Blue for boys, and if you're a girl who wears pants... You must be a lesbian! ( not!) but if you're a guy who wears a skirt you must be gay! (Not!)
There's obvious times and places that would be inappropriate for anyone to wear a skirt, but if you can think outside of your social conditioning... Perhaps you can see that skirts are more appropriate for men based on anatomy alone....my parts are getting squished wearing pants right now, but we're guys, and we're expected to conform to what the rest of the Morons in society expect... Can you see the hipocracy of the woman who says...
"Its okey if a man wears a skirt... But not my man!"" ( what would the neighbors think?? )
Isn't that the same as saying "Its okey if a woman wears pants, but not my woman!!" perhaps men will stop thinking of women as less than they are, and not be afraid of being more comfortable, and perhaps women will become less afraid of what the ******* neighbors think... Jesus didn't wear pants, so don't try to hit me with your interpretation of biblical conformity...

Old 12-24-2018, 06:36 AM

4,857 posts, read 5,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightguy View Post
Our society is too bent on assigning gender to clothing and colors, pink for girls Blue for boys, and if you're a girl who wears pants... You must be a lesbian! ( not!) but if you're a guy who wears a skirt you must be gay! (Not!)
There's obvious times and places that would be inappropriate for anyone to wear a skirt, but if you can think outside of your social conditioning... Perhaps you can see that skirts are more appropriate for men based on anatomy alone....my parts are getting squished wearing pants right now, but we're guys, and we're expected to conform to what the rest of the Morons in society expect... Can you see the hipocracy of the woman who says...
"Its okey if a man wears a skirt... But not my man!"" ( what would the neighbors think?? )
Isn't that the same as saying "Its okey if a woman wears pants, but not my woman!!" perhaps men will stop thinking of women as less than they are, and not be afraid of being more comfortable, and perhaps women will become less afraid of what the ******* neighbors think... Jesus didn't wear pants, so don't try to hit me with your interpretation of biblical conformity...
You could've left this whole thread back in 2016 where it belongs. Almost 2019 and no man has yet wear a skirt that's not a kilt, and isn't crossdressing.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:32 PM

6,809 posts, read 6,891,317 times
Men have gotten way too feminine as it is....NO WAY would I want to see a man parading around in a skirt. For some reason, a kilt is fine and looks masculine. Not sure why that is, but the models in the OP's post look ridiculous.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:37 AM

18,438 posts, read 18,548,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Men have gotten way too feminine as it is....NO WAY would I want to see a man parading around in a skirt. For some reason, a kilt is fine and looks masculine. Not sure why that is, but the models in the OP's post look ridiculous.
I agree with you... the right man and legs in a kilt looks fabulous however the thought of an a line effort or mini gives me the boaks.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:14 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,854,508 times
As long as they keep their legs closed, and wear shorts underneath lol

Old 12-27-2018, 07:53 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
How have men gotten too feminine?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:47 PM

12,583 posts, read 9,097,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Simple question. Will menswear evolve to include skirts in the same vein as womenswear did to include pants? Discuss.

Good heavens, I hope it never comes to that. There's a reason women wear skirts and men wear pants ... women have much better looking legs.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,710,354 times
Thankfully, not in the six years since the original post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty