U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of ladies here like MAC, I'm wondering if there are enough of us to start a thread listing our favorite eyeshadow shades from MAC.

Maybe we will see some trends, maybe regional trends or age trends, etc.

Mine are

1. Naked Lunch (pinky shimmer highlighter)
2. All That Shimmers (light gold, works as a great highlighter)
3. Satin Taupe (Shimmery Taupy brown with plum undertones)
4. Sable ( Shimmery Brown with golden and rose undertones)

I'm NC 25 in winter NC 30 in summer with brown eyes and these colors look good on me. I like to pair Sable with All That Glitters & Naked Lunch with Satin Taupe.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 AM

42 posts, read 75,371 times
Im an NW45(ish)....
Bronze & Arena are two of my favorites

Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,158,921 times
LOL I have so many mac colors I couldn't even tell you. I just buy them and they sit there and never get used. I really should start using my make up as I have so much invested but I need to buy contacts first. Now if you were to ask about MAC lip wear then I can rattle some off..

Old 04-30-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL I have so many mac colors I couldn't even tell you. I just buy them and they sit there and never get used. I really should start using my make up as I have so much invested but I need to buy contacts first. Now if you were to ask about MAC lip wear then I can rattle some off..

Well you live in Florida right? When I lived in Miami I had such a deep tan that I felt like I never really needed make-up. Now that I'm pasty (up North) I can see darkness around my eyes and every little imperfection.

Sure, what lip shades do you wear? Lip glass or stick?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,662,112 times
Fig is my usual color; I work it in from the outer corner of my eye, up along the crease just up to around halfway across my eyelid. I use a peach-hued eye primer on the whole lid just before I add the fig. This gives me just a hint of color, mostly just a tease of natural shadowing and contour. I used to go nuts with color, but I'm a bit old for that now. I *do* have a MAC blue that's sort of an electric peacock blue, and I sometimes dab it over my eyeliner to give my eyes a bit of pop.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Fig is my usual color; I work it in from the outer corner of my eye, up along the crease just up to around halfway across my eyelid. I use a peach-hued eye primer on the whole lid just before I add the fig. This gives me just a hint of color, mostly just a tease of natural shadowing and contour. I used to go nuts with color, but I'm a bit old for that now. I *do* have a MAC blue that's sort of an electric peacock blue, and I sometimes dab it over my eyeliner to give my eyes a bit of pop.

I love fig 1! It goes great with brown eyes but its really easy for me to mess up or overdo. I'm not a pro at application.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,158,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Well you live in Florida right? When I lived in Miami I had such a deep tan that I felt like I never really needed make-up. Now that I'm pasty (up North) I can see darkness around my eyes and every little imperfection.

Sure, what lip shades do you wear? Lip glass or stick?
I'm now in Denver but still tanning

I do both lip glass and stick. My favorite glasses are Oh Baby and Pink Poodle. Favorite sticks are Archetype, Hue, some others I can't think of right now, lol.

But I really do need to start wearing it. I have so many of the limited eye shadow kits that I've never used!! Spent so much money and they just sit there

Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM

300 posts, read 607,451 times
Phloof!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snootylooter View Post
Phloof!

thanks whats your skin shade and eye color for reference. I'm an nc25-30 brown eyes.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm now in Denver but still tanning

I do both lip glass and stick. My favorite glasses are Oh Baby and Pink Poodle. Favorite sticks are Archetype, Hue, some others I can't think of right now, lol.

But I really do need to start wearing it. I have so many of the limited eye shadow kits that I've never used!! Spent so much money and they just sit there

I was so close to buying pink poodle the other day! I wasn't sure if it was too pink on me. It was gorgeous, I might buy it. I'm scared of being too flashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty