Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

My friend worked graveyard shift at a grocery store in Seattle, and he told me that a few times women came in to shop while topless. I frankly don't see any problem unless they were lactating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,314 times
You know Crystal Buttons, not being an a**hole but I don't care what you wear to go shopping or to the movies or to the doctor or anywhere else. It's a free country, wear what you want. I personally don't go to the gracery store to look at women, other guys might. Once upon a time in this country people dressed up to do everyday tasks like shopping, going out to eat and going to the doctor. It has since become passe'. When I see a pretty woman dressed nicely (especially dressed nicely) I look, no harm in that. It's not a predatory/seductive stare, it is more like a look of admiration. Like I am appreciating something, not being perverted. A simple glance of approval. Expect people to do that, it's a free country in that aspect too.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Why not look hot wherever you go?? I'm not wearing my hooker club dresses but nice jeans and a small top or jean skirt and heels is nice

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 PM

563 posts, read 1,269,829 times
I think it makes a mundane shopping trip much more appealing...

Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,740,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
When you see women dressed up in sexy mini skirts or short summer dresses at the grocery market or retail stores do you think they are trying too hard? sometimes I feel kinda insecure cause I think it makes me look desperate but at the same time it's hot outside, and why not wear it ? a lot of times i just dress casual to the supermarket. i dont really go clubbing or to bars a lot because i dont have any friends to go with

It doesn't look desperate at all. There is nothing wrong with dressing nice. Do they expect you to walk around in pajama pants like some of the other slobs I have seen?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Why not look hot wherever you go?? I'm not wearing my hooker club dresses but nice jeans and a small top or jean skirt and heels is nice
I agree about looking hot (or at least attractive) wherever you go. Not that I'm shallow or anything, but I don't see the problem with wearing something playful/flirty while going to the store. As long as you're not looking like an outright skank.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 AM

31 posts, read 53,885 times
It's especially gross when older women wear crop tops. It's like they're trying too hard.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I probably over did it according to some posters here yesterday. I wore a shift dress and wedges to the grocery store. :P

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I just assume they are on their way to or from something that was more appropriate to "dress sexy" for.

Well, that's if I assume anything at all, actually. Unless someone is really out there in how they choose to present themselves in public I don't think I pay much attention.

The concept of dressing in some way or another to go to the supermarket is weird to me. Am I alone in this? Do people really dress up just to go to the grocery store? If I have to do a grocery store run, or pretty much any sort of shopping or errand, I wear whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Although I do draw the line at sleepwear.
I would think nothing of it--would just assume they had come from somewhere else they had to be dressed for or were going somewhere they had to be dressed for. This probably wouldn't even make it to my conscious thinking--it would be a note at the back of my mind, if anything. I don't look that closely at my fellow shoppers at the grocery store.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
This is somewhat off topic, but I'll admit I tend to keep away when I see people in scrubs in the grocery store. I actually find it wrong that healthcare workers wear the same scrubs they work in to public places in general. I always wonder what kind of things they may have been in contact with and what could be on the uniforms. I remember asking a friend about that who worked in healthcare, and she said the potential for cross-contamination there is pretty bad, many nurses will walk out in the same scrubs and shoes that they wore in a quarantined room so there's no telling what they could be spreading around. It's one thing of course if you have a separate clean pair of scrubs you wear out. But judging by the nurses in scrubs I see out at lunch etc that's not likely the case.
You probably don't have to worry as much about what bacteria the person in the scrubs may carry as much as you should worry about what's actually already in the grocery store. Especially in the places that you can't see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty