Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Screw 'em.

Someone famous once said "If people aren't saying bad things about you behind your back that means you aren't doing enough".

I take mean looks and stank eyes as compliments.
Exactly !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM

324 posts, read 467,628 times
a wise man once said...

"haters gonna hate!"

wear what makes you feel good! if you look good and confident, people are far more likely to talk badly about you behind your back... because they are jealous! it's just human nature

Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 PM

261 posts, read 1,350,449 times
I can see it both ways.. but there are definitely choices other than wearing dirty, sloppy clothes or wearing a miniskirt and stilettos..
The problem I have is with the people who think everyone should be constantly dressed like that, talking crap about the average person who dresses in "normal" jeans-and-t-shirt type clothing.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
To be fair op,I actually see men paying more attention to the sloppy dressed chicks than the sexy ones.
The ones who aren't wearing bras nor panties,with hair wild and everything flopping around.

Even when I'm in a supermarket myself,and dresses sloppily gets me more male attention.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times
^^^ Jerseygal, why do you think that is the case? Do you think it is because men avoid women that seem high maintenance or have a preference for more natural and down to earth women?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I am not sure how tube tops and booty shorts are equivalent to a sundress in terms of "dressing sexy at the grocery store."

Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am not sure how tube tops and booty shorts are equivalent to a sundress in terms of "dressing sexy at the grocery store."
Its not in terms of looks. But a poster asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
what should a woman wear to the super market if its 90 degrees outside?
It can be a nice middle ground without looking sloppy or out of place. Plus its functional.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its not in terms of looks. But a poster asked:

It can be a nice middle ground without looking sloppy or out of place. Plus its functional.
I count sundresses as typical daywear. Wouldn't even rate on my list as "trying too hard"

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
I count sundresses as typical daywear. Wouldn't even rate on my list as "trying too hard"

Me either which is why I posted it as a suitable option to wear on hot days. Plus you can throw a sweater over it and not look like a slob if its chilly inside.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:

Same here, especially since I live in FL. Sundresses, shift dresses and similar wear are pretty much my everyday uniform, at least 9 months out of the year. I often cap it off with a shoulder scarf or shrug, or some type of cover more often than not, but the heat in FL you can't help but wear less. Though some do take it a bit far. I tend not to pay attention to or care what other people are wearing when I am out shopping, I'm usually too busy trying to get in and out of the marget as fast as possible.

Now this is what I was refering to when I mentioned walmart, not just average normal clothing, I am no more perfect than the next person, but some things just shouldn't happen. Proceed with caution.

Funny Pictures at WalMart Random Photos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty