Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM

66 posts, read 82,796 times

Advertisements

When you see women dressed up in sexy mini skirts or short summer dresses at the grocery market or retail stores do you think they are trying too hard? sometimes I feel kinda insecure cause I think it makes me look desperate but at the same time it's hot outside, and why not wear it ? a lot of times i just dress casual to the supermarket. i dont really go clubbing or to bars a lot because i dont have any friends to go with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 PM

402 posts, read 1,406,005 times
Unhappy Clubbing Outfits = Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
When you see women dressed up in sexy mini skirts or short summer dresses at the grocery market or retail stores do you think they are trying too hard? sometimes I feel kinda insecure cause I think it makes me look desperate but at the same time it's hot, and why not wear it ? a lot of times i just dress casual to the supermarket. i dont really go clubbing or to bars a lot because i dont have any friends to go with
Are you saying that the "sexy mini skirts" are clubbing attire that you wear to the grocery market or retail stores BECAUSE you don't have the opportunity to wear your clubbing outfits to the clubs?

Some summer dresses are fine for the grocery stores. However, the fact that you describe your mini skirts as "sexy", your feelings as "insecure", and your look as "desperate" . . . well, you know . . . now don'tcha?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:07 PM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
Quote:
When you see women dressed up in sexy mini skirts or short summer dresses at the grocery market or retail stores do you think they are trying too hard? sometimes I feel kinda insecure cause I think it makes me look desperate but at the same time it's hot outside, and why not wear it ? a lot of times i just dress casual to the supermarket. i dont really go clubbing or to bars a lot because i dont have any friends to go with

Some woman walking with her husband was saying that "all dressed up even to go to grocery store" when I walked by them with my summer dress about a month ago. Uh, it's 7pm. People have other things to do BEFORE heading to the grocery store. Besides other people in my area has given me crap before for not dressing well for an Asian in a middle to upper middle Asian neighborhood so I don't think donning on a $11 but moderately conservative dress is super dressy.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i understand the behavior but not the circumstances.
especially when married with kids.
but just like merchants when u call them on misleading advertising they get angry.
or for that matter calling people on their stuff for any reason.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Some woman walking with her husband was saying that "all dressed up even to go to grocery store" when I walked by them with my summer dress about a month ago. Uh, it's 7pm. People have other things to do BEFORE heading to the grocery store. Besides other people in my area has given me crap before for not dressing well for an Asian in a middle to upper middle Asian neighborhood so I don't think donning on a $11 but moderately conservative dress is super dressy.
not surprised someone made a comment like this.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i understand the behavior but not the circumstances.
especially when married with kids.
what should a woman wear to the super market if its 90 degrees outside?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Yeah... it does look desperate. I was at the store a few days ago and some fat broad had her boobs just totally hanging out... way way too much.... I don't mind, cause I like fat broads with their boobs hanging out... but it did look totally inappropriate..... and desperate too....

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
Quote:
I just assume they are on their way to or from something that was more appropriate to "dress sexy" for.

Well, that's if I assume anything at all, actually. Unless someone is really out there in how they choose to present themselves in public I don't think I pay much attention.

The concept of dressing in some way or another to go to the supermarket is weird to me. Am I alone in this? Do people really dress up just to go to the grocery store? If I have to do a grocery store run, or pretty much any sort of shopping or errand, I wear whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Although I do draw the line at sleepwear.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Pay no attention to what other people are wearing, or how they react to what you are wearing. It is no one's business ... as long as the attire does not violate any local laws.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,974,728 times
Quote:
When I see women dressed nicely in the grocery store, I don't assume that they've dressed up just to go to the grocery store - so I can't really "think they're trying too hard". If I thought about it, I'd think they were just dressed for the day and had other things going on besides only going to the grocery store. And to be honest, I'd probably assume they had more going on than they really might just because they look nice and probably be a little intimidated. It seems like you simply feel desperate and like you are trying too hard. If you're trying to possibly meet a guy at the grocery store, I don't think there's anything wrong with that - the grocery store seems like a good place to meet somebody. If you're unsure of whether it's appropriate for you to dress nice and question whether you're worthy of it - well, I think you need to work on your confidence because if you want to dress nice there's nothing wrong with that. However, you should take a hint in what I said about being intimidated - I think sometimes some guys look over and write off girls because we think they're too good for us or have too much going on, or at least I do, so you might not want to "oversell" yourself. All that said, sometimes I wonder if I dress too nicely for my own good, but because it's become normal to me I'm not sure how to dress down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty